ADVERTISEMENT

Texas vs Mizzou *** Game Thread ***

Looked good. Ford will be missed more than a lot of people think. Is Roach a senior?
Back 7 should be salty. Freshman DB's will help on special teams too. A big time Juco DT would help a lot.
Roach is a sophomore.

Looked good. Ford will be missed more than a lot of people think. Is Roach a senior?
Back 7 should be salty. Freshman DB's will help on special teams too. A big time Juco DT would help a lot.
Roach is a sophomore and look out for Bimage, dude is getting big.

I think Josh Thompson will step up and play a big role for us next year. That dude just seems to get it. Has been a fantastic special teamer all year and I think he can step in for the Devontae Davis type players tomorrow. If one of the freshmen can come in an play CB or Safety from day 1, I like that defense a lot. A lot depends on getting a DL to replace Ford, someone like Coburn

Go watch Bimage's recruiting video. Beats Little consistently. He plays angry. Reminds me of Derrick Johnson.

Last edited:
I think Josh Thompson will step up and play a big role for us next year. That dude just seems to get it. Has been a fantastic special teamer all year and I think he can step in for the Devontae Davis type players tomorrow. If one of the freshmen can come in an play CB or Safety from day 1, I like that defense a lot. A lot depends on getting a DL to replace Ford, someone like Coburn
Coburn isn't the best recruit in the state, but he might be the most important. Everybody needs that guy who is 6 ft tall and 5 ft wide.

Reactions: ASURAM2010
If Beck had a longer history of success as an OC I’d agree give him more time. But his best years as an OC were 13 years ago... since then it hasn’t been great. Does it also bother anyone at all that Urban let him go? That’s aleays kind of stuck with me.

This is the thing about your schtick that really bothers me. You make things up to fit your narrative. Tim Beck’s 1st coordinator position was as Kansas passing game coordinator in 2008. He didn’t become an OC until 2011. He was nominated for the Broyles Award in 2012 & 2013. His Nebraska offenses averaged almost 40 points/game.

If you’re going to act like a know-it-all, please get your facts straight.

Reactions: LonghornMM
This is the thing about your schtick that really bothers me. You make things up to fit your narrative. Tim Beck’s 1st coordinator position was as Kansas passing game coordinator in 2008. He didn’t become an OC until 2011. He was nominated for the Broyles Award in 2012 & 2013. His Nebraska offenses averaged almost 40 points/game.

If you’re going to act like a know-it-all, please get your facts straight.
You can disagree with me if you want. That is fine. That’s what we’re here to do.... let’s get one thing stright though. I don’t do a schtick what I beleive is what I beleive and if down the road I turn out to be wrong I’ve got no problem saying so... If I’m wrong on Tim Beck and he builds a competitive offense next year. I’ll gladly say I was wrong about him(as I did with Todd Orlando)

If Tom Herman wins 8 games next year I will say he has the program pointed in the right direction. If he gets us to the playoffs in year 3 or 4 I’ll happily say I was wrong, but let’s be clear. I don’t say the things I say as an act nor do I make things up, nor do I think I know it all.

I get that there are a few here that don’t like me because I’m nit afraid to not be fully on the bandwagon or say ok that’s great but we need to get better. That’s your all’s choice doesn’t really bother me, but the idea that I think I know it all or it’s just an act or whatever. Not the case. Have a good day.

https://www.foxsports.com/college-football/alabama-crimson-tide-team-schedule?season=2007 He followed up that 7-6 season with a 3rd ranked class.

One can hope the similarities lead to good things. It starts with defense...
The thing that worries me is even through the defense played really well last night... I’m not sure it’s reasonable to expect them to be quite at the level they were this year. Which was absolutely dominat outside of the Maryland game. The punter also put the defense in position to come after teams a lot(like he did last night). Probably not gonna have that next year at least early

The thing that worries me is even through the defense played really well last night... I’m not sure it’s reasonable to expect them to be quite at the level they were this year. Which was absolutely dominat outside of the Maryland game. The punter also put the defense in position to come after teams a lot(like he did last night). Probably not gonna have that next year at least early
We did sign his cousin, that come from the same kicking academy. Not saying he will be as good, but I bet he is pretty decent. But I bet we are better at the kicker position next year from day 1. I bet Dicker the kicker is the starter from Day 1

You can disagree with me if you want. That is fine. That’s what we’re here to do.... let’s get one thing stright though. I don’t do a schtick what I beleive is what I beleive and if down the road I turn out to be wrong I’ve got no problem saying so... If I’m wrong on Tim Beck and he builds a competitive offense next year. I’ll gladly say I was wrong about him(as I did with Todd Orlando)

If Tom Herman wins 8 games next year I will say he has the program pointed in the right direction. If he gets us to the playoffs in year 3 or 4 I’ll happily say I was wrong, but let’s be clear. I don’t say the things I say as an act nor do I make things up, nor do I think I know it all.

I get that there are a few here that don’t like me because I’m nit afraid to not be fully on the bandwagon or say ok that’s great but we need to get better. That’s your all’s choice doesn’t really bother me, but the idea that I think I know it all or it’s just an act or whatever. Not the case. Have a good day.

Let’s get this straight. You make factually inaccurate statements to support your opinions.

Why not? You run your mouth about expectations of an offense, Herman, etc. but are already trying to give Orlando a pass?

Why can't we expect the defensive coaches to develop players to the point where they play at a high level EVERY SNAP of every game for a decade?

It's puzzling that you want to give Orlando built in excuses but not Beck and Herman. We expect year two to see massive progression on O but would be okay with regression on D? LOL, ok.

The defense returns like 15 contributors. They should be an elite defense.

You may not be able to see the forest for the trees. You are fairly pessimistic about all things, lol. The defense played well all year long. While I sense some fall off, it's slight at best. Orlando's scheme did more good for this defense than Malik's presence for example, Gary Johnson will look better then Malik ever did.

We hired a punter, I'm not worried about his effort... Poona will be the most difficult to replace and I feel comfortable with what they have.

Last edited:
Reactions: LonghornMM
Herman deserves some credit. He is an offensive coach, and he was willing to punt and punt and punt and punt and punt some more.... He had better athletes and won with special teams and defense.

If he had gotten cute and tried to win with offense, he would have lost. Not all coaches can let the phases they don't run have the credit.

Good for him.
True on that night, but the Horns had too many 4 and outs this season.

When you've got Ray Guy, use him! Doubly so when you have a stellar defense. Herman seems to have finally learned that lesson.

You may not be able to see the forest for the trees. You are fairly pessimistic about all things, lol. The defense played well all year long. While I sense some fall off, it's slight at best. Orlando's scheme did more good for this defense than Malik's presence for example, Gary Johnson will look better then Malik ever did.

We hired a punter, I'm not worried about his effort... Poona will be the most difficult to replace and I feel comfortable with what they have.
Not saying it didn’t play well all season long. My point is it played at a championship level and 6-6 was a struggle. Even a slight fall off puts us in big trouble if the offense doesn’t start lending a hand.

It's been 10 days since the Mizzou game.

Imo, the low point of the season was the TT game. We lost by more points in other games but losing that game was inexcusable. I got a sense that there was a confrontation between Coach Herman and some of the team leaders after the game. In particular Elliot, Hill, Jefferson, Connor, Warren and maybe some others. Than Carter, Humphrey, and I can't remember the other guys name were suspended for Mizzou game.

But what I saw was a group of players who have bought into Coach Herman's vision for Texas football. That to me more than any one player was what I liked most about the game.

You know when a new coach comes in he ends up clashing with some players. But when those leaders decided not to play I finally saw a team that was united. And I'll bet you that Toneil, Lil Jordan, and the other guy will also be united with the rest of the team..

The last game is always the most important game. I'll bet all of those freshman saw the same thing I did.

Only 239 days till the MD game

Reactions: HornDrummer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT