ADVERTISEMENT

Texas vs Ou thread

Hi Crazy, nice to meet you.

I think we'd probably be in the running for the CCG but Okielite looks to be the cream of the B12 crop this year with KSt & KU (still doesn't feel right) not far behind. We'd have to run the table with the exception of OSt. Possible but not likely this year.
If we have Quinn back on 10/22/22 we can beat them.

Spencer Sanders is an interception waiting for a game to happen.

Hey, he personally gift wrapped the title game to Baylor. Baylor should have given him the game ball.

And remember how he played against us the last time we were in Stillwater.

If Quinn plays better than Sanders on 10/22 we will win.

Hi Crazy, nice to meet you.

I think we'd probably be in the running for the CCG but Okielite looks to be the cream of the B12 crop this year with KSt & KU (still doesn't feel right) not far behind. We'd have to run the table with the exception of OSt. Possible but not likely this year.
I'm just not sold on Spencer Sanders like the rest of the world is. I have never seen anything from him that just scares me. Ok. St. lost a lot of production off of last years defense and on top of that they lost Jim Knowles who was a hell of a DC. And it shows in their defensive ranking this year because they are outside the top 50 in defense.

I just know from what I have seen from our team and watching the rest of the teams in the Big 12 that there isn't a team we can't beat the rest of the way. But with that being said there's not a big gap in talent in any of the teams left on the schedule so we could easily drop another 3-4 games.

Now if Card was going to be our QB the rest of the way then I wouldn't be saying that. But I say that because I have a ton of faith in Quinn and his abilities to put this offense over the top.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
I just know from what I have seen from him in high school and the 5 quarters he played this season that he's going to adapt to the speed of the college game pretty quickly in my opinion. You could almost see it in that first game against La Monroe when he threw that interception on the first drive but from then on he settled in nicely. Then in that Bama game he came out on fire. His arm talent is off the charts. It's kind of disappointing because I think if he doesn't go down we are probably sitting at 5-0 right now.

It's also going to help our running game I believe. Teams have been putting 7 to 8 guys in the box and daring Card to beat them with his arm. WV came in with that plan and finally Card was able to do that.

I could be completely wrong but that's just my thoughts.

Agreed.

There will be games where he struggles early. Doesn't process quickly...misses some reads or throws a pic. Can he make the plays in the end of the game to overcome those errors or not. That is the question.

Just like Bryce Young vs. Texas. Struggled all game, then delivered when needed.

There will be a couple of those games. Every QB has them at all levels, sometimes even against lesser competition. The elite ones just figure it out. Is Quinn elite, or just above average? I'm excited to find out.

I'm just not sold on Spencer Sanders like the rest of the world is. I have never seen anything from him that just scares me. Ok. St. lost a lot of production off of last years defense and on top of that they lost Jim Knowles who was a hell of a DC. And it shows in their defensive ranking this year because they are outside the top 50 in defense.

I just know from what I have seen from our team and watching the rest of the teams in the Big 12 that there isn't a team we can't beat the rest of the way. But with that being said there's not a big gap in talent in any of the teams left on the schedule so we could easily drop another 3-4 games.

Now if Card was going to be our QB the rest of the way then I wouldn't be saying that. But I say that because I have a ton of faith in Quinn and his abilities to put this offense over the top.

The best team BY FAR that oSu has played is Baylor. And Baylor is pretty average this year. I think you will see 2-3 losses from here on out for the pokes. But 9-3 is still a damn fine year for them after what they lost on defense.

The best team BY FAR that oSu has played is Baylor. And Baylor is pretty average this year. I think you will see 2-3 losses from here on out for the pokes. But 9-3 is still a damn fine year for them after what they lost on defense.
Knowles was a huge loss for Ok. St.. That guy can flat out coach defense. He has transformed Ohio State's already this season into a top 10 unit nationally.

I remember a few years ago when TCU had a fantastic team they should have been in the playoffs they were that good.

Sonny Cumbie came in and built an offense around Trevon Boykin and they put up huge numbers and had a great defense to go with it.

What I'm trying to say is does TCU have that kind of team again? I think they'll put KS in their place on Saturday and probably convincingly.

Just sayin

309657519_5407120482737076_5293167774092563919_n.jpg

Reactions: Hoookem722
I remember a few years ago when TCU had a fantastic team they should have been in the playoffs they were that good.

Sonny Cumbie came in and built an offense around Trevon Boykin and they put up huge numbers and had a great defense to go with it.

What I'm trying to say is does TCU have that kind of team again? I think they'll put KS in their place on Saturday and probably convincingly.

Just sayin
Tap the brakes on that "great defense." That TCU team lost to Baylor 61-58.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT