The Morning After: Colorado State Edition

clob94

Aug 25, 2014
I was too busy enjoying watching us systematically dismantle CSU to be hyper critical.
Unless your name was "Jumping Jake Majors", I really didn't yell at you.

But here's the deal-- I've watched the game twice today-- in between golden beet puree and European Goat milk formula feedings- I managed to cobble together a decent report card from last night.

Our pass rush sucks fvcking donkey balls and it's going to cost us a game if we don't step it the fvck up.
Amazing what happens when you lose a nose tackle/3 tech that draws a double team every fvcking play. Get better boys. Rapidly. Or else.

Our defensive speed on the edge is pretty impressive- but Meat-Chicken is going to run right at us. Their goal will be to shorten this game as much as possible, giving us few chances on offense. Meat-chicken will try and win this thing 17-10, while rushing 45 times.
Beware-- putting 8 in the box can be dangerous. That's what they're going to try and force us to do. Then they'll go up top.

Quinn--- you looked pretty darn good at times. I still haven't seen you throw the deep out like you did against Bama 2 years ago. If you can stand on it and deliver that- you'll boat race them.
Find that arm buddy. Find it.

Meat-chicken will dare us to run the ball. They WANT us to shorten this game. Sark can be hard headed about running--- I still believe that if we run the ball 10-15 more times against Washington-- we win that game. We have GOT to find a way to run the ball against Meat-chicken. If we can put 175+ on them- game over. If we can go for 2 hundy-- we will win by double digits.

Finally- and not to be repetitive-- we have to hit their QB. He thinks he's a tough guy. I have a feeling that he isn't. Let's find out.

Makes sense. But, being hopeful for the DL to improve is probably a lost cause. Broughton, Lolè, Savea and Ole Bill are seniors, so if they haven’t improved by now…. They are definitely serviceable, just not disruptors. Maybe January and Mitchell can step up

I was too busy enjoying watching us systematically dismantle CSU to be hyper critical.

But here's the deal-- I've watched the game twice today-- in between golden beet puree and European Goat milk formula feedings- I managed to cobble together a decent report card from last night.

Our pass rush sucks fvcking donkey balls and it's going to cost us a game if we don't step it the fvck up.
Amazing what happens when you lose a nose tackle/3 tech that draws a double team every fvcking play. Get better boys. Rapidly. Or else.

Our defensive speed on the edge is pretty impressive- but Meat-Chicken is going to run right at us. Their goal will be to shorten this game as much as possible, giving us few chances on offense. Meat-chicken will try and win this thing 17-10, while rushing 45 times.
Beware-- putting 8 in the box can be dangerous. That's what they're going to try and force us to do. Then they'll go up top.

Quinn--- you looked pretty darn good at times. I still haven't seen you throw the deep out like you did against Bama 2 years ago. If you can stand on it and deliver that- you'll boat race them.

Meat-chicken will dare us to run the ball. They WANT us to shorten this game. Sark can be hard headed about running--- I still believe that if we run the ball 10-15 more times against Washington-- we win that game. We have GOT to find a way to run the ball against Meat-chicken. If we can put 175+ on them- game over. If we can go for 2 hundy-- we will win by double digits.

Finally- and not to be repetitive-- we have to hit their QB. He thinks he's a tough guy. I have a feeling that he isn't. Let's find out.
thoughts on manning as the future when quinn leaves?

Good stuff as always.

I didn't rewatch...probably won't have time.

Pass rush -- I'm hoping we were playing as straight up as possible. I don't recall many 5 man pressures, but I know there were some. I don't remember a single 6 man pressure. Also, I don't remember too much stunting and twisting up front. Did you notice if we played straight up more than normal? Alfred Collins, buddy, it's time. Agree with Clob here. You have way too much raw ability to not be a monster.

Also, clob, it seemed like we rotated....A LOT up front. Did you notice that too?

Michigan will definitely try and run right at us...counter, quick counter, fold, etc. One thing I noticed was how much faster Gbenda was at reading a key, seeing a hole and filling that muhfugga. There were some instances where we didn't fit very well either. Michigan will gash our ass if we don't fit properly.

Clob, I guess after the injury Quinn is just a finesse passer now. I haven't seen him let a rip either. And I haven't seen a QB at Texas with a quicker freaking release than Arch...ever. Dude cocks and fires in a hurry.

This is a game we will find out if Blue is the real deal, or if he is just a nice piece in a 2 or 3 headed monster, which isn't all bad either. I think #9 earned himself some more carries...especially in short yardage or 2nd and mediums

Yes, put that QB on his ass as many times as you can!

I was disappointed with the sack total vs Colorado State. I hope Sark is saving much of the playbook for Michigan, et al on defense and didn't want to show future opponents what to expect.

Makes sense. But, being hopeful for the DL to improve is probably a lost cause. Broughton, Lolè, Savea and Ole Bill are seniors, so if they haven’t improved by now…. They are definitely serviceable, just not disruptors. Maybe January and Mitchell can step up

Partially disagree. Byron Murphy grew a TON just last year. At no point did anyone ever say he was a 1st rounder. Then boom, all of a sudden as a Junior he figured it out. He only started 1 game as a Sophomore.

And Sweat was really just a rotation piece up until last year, which he was a 5th year Senior.

Reason I partially disagree is if we get to Mississippi State and Broughton, Collins, Norton, etc. can tie up 3 of the OL between 2 of them at a time, then yes, they are what they are.

Agree that Manning looked like better than the real deal.......but that cannot overshadow what Quin did. He made that one td pass across the field that was a pure NFL throw......but that "Magic Johnson" no look pass for a TD was beyond belief. I have to think there is no defense for it. The more I saw it the more amazing it looked. Then I saw a clip of Ant Hill saying he was so tired of trying to defend that in practice, he was glad it was another team trying to stop it....

This is gonna be a special year