ADVERTISEMENT

The OB community lost a key member today (RIP Hornya)

utss06

Gold Member
Oct 13, 2008
UPDATE: It is with a heavy heart that I inform you that Ken passed away at 12:35. Send prayers for his family in their time of need.

I'm not sure how many people know Hornya beyond the board, but he suffered a massive stroke on Saturday night. I don't have many details, but was told that the outcome does not look favorable. Please keep him and his family in your prayers.

This post was edited on 7/2 1:19 PM by Suchomel

Re: OT: Hornya

Don't know Hornya beyond the board but certainly do enjoy his posts. Will pray for a full recovery and for strength for his family during this terribly difficult time.

Oh my goodness. I consider Ken a personal friend. Had not heard this.

utss06, please email me asap. jason@orangebloods.com

Oh no, not good. How old is Hornya? I know he's one of our senior members. Is he the one with a very long consecutive games attended streak?

Sad to hear it. Several of us had a nice dinner with Ken at Matt's sometime back. I'll pray for a speedy recovery.

Originally posted by strick:
Oh no, not good. How old is Hornya? I know he's one of our senior members. Is he the one with a very long consecutive games attended streak?
He might be around 62ish, I really never thought of him as a senior.

65 or so.

This is tough...I played high school football and baseball against him. He is 64.............Prayers sent

This post was edited on 7/2 9:39 AM by orange turdfrog

As soon as I saw the title I had a bad feeling! That is terrible!

Prayer sent.

Prayers sent -

Before college football went to "Summer Workouts" with all the players staying in Austin for the summer Ken was instrumental in getting the Houston area kids summer jobs, and not the Big Red Motors kind either.

He is also a past presidnet of the Houston Longhorn Club.

The man is a good Longhorn and supporter of The University!

Is he the one with a very long consecutive games attended streak?
No, that's BiggUggly.

Originally posted by MuggyMug:
He might be around 62ish, I really never thought of him as a senior.
I just saw in a post by Hornya in late May that he said he was about to turn 65.

Man, this hit me like a ton of bricks this morning. Very upsetting.

He lives in my neighborhood and his wife used to work for my aunt. I will see if I can get any information.

He is in my prayers and thoughts.

Our thoughts and prayers go out.

Prayer sent. Ken is a very nice guy. Always enjoyed talking with him at the Longhorn Lunch Bunch.

Originally posted by Reverent Horn:
Sad to hear it. Several of us had a nice dinner with Ken at Matt's sometime back. I'll pray for a speedy recovery.
Hate to hear the news. At the dinner he looked like he was in pretty good health

ADVERTISEMENT