ADVERTISEMENT

The Olympics are here

My son competed in the Texas Amateur Athletic Federation's State Games over the weekend.

State Champ X 3.

20240728-104649.jpg

100 IM 1:08.77
50 Free 27.24
50 Butterfly 29.98

12 years old

Last edited:
My son competed in the Texas Amateur Athletic Federation's State Games over the weekend.

State Champ X 3.

20240728-104649.jpg

100 IM 1:08.77
50 Free 27.24
50 Butterfly 29.98

12 years old

I’ve never seen 100IM. However those free and fly times are legit!

Keep working kid and you’ll be swimming for Bob Bowman one day!!!

I’ve never seen 100IM. However those free and fly times are legit!

Keep working kid and you’ll be swimming for Bob Bowman one day!!!
100 Individual Medley. The Olympics do a 200. I think he does 400's in practice. I think he qualified for Junior Olympics but we didn't go this year. His old man didn't want to drive to N Carolina for a swim meet...... It's in Houston next year so we'll go there.

100 Individual Medley. The Olympics do a 200. I think he does 400's in practice. I think he qualified for Junior Olympics but we didn't go this year. His old man didn't want to drive to N Carolina for a swim meet...... It's in Houston next year so we'll go there.
Good for him.
Olympics do a 400IM. Just did it yesterday. French dude won, and of course he trained/attended ASU, coincidentally where our new swim coach just came from. Bob Bowman.

Sorry, meant to say junior olympics. The JO's do a 200 IM.
And I feel you on the driving to all these meets. I had one in club and finished high school in 2023. Now she coaches and gives lessons. Making a killing for summer cash ($25-35 half hour cash) and turning down folks.
Still have another who’s a junior on the high school team.
With all these meets and volunteering I’m now the greatest timer you can find!
All for 20 seconds to 1 1/2 minutes in the water.

Reactions: 2300 Nueces
What I don’t like about watching the Olympics is that I know so little about most of these sports.

Me: "wow what an impressive dive!"

Olympics announces: "what an absolute blunder, terrible form by that competitor"

Me: "well I thought it was cool"

Reactions: 2300 Nueces
And I feel you on the driving to all these meets. I had one in club and finished high school in 2023. Now she coaches and gives lessons. Making a killing for summer cash ($25-35 half hour cash) and turning down folks.
Still have another who’s a junior on the high school team.
With all these meets and volunteering I’m now the greatest timer you can find!
All for 20 seconds to 1 1/2 minutes in the water.
Ya, it's all consuming. Stupid me, I thought swimming would be good for exercise and keep my kids busy and out of trouble. Well his coach was Dana Volmers coach. She's good. Now I run a travel agency. When I was a kid, we played football and went to see Pantera at Joe's Garage among other things. We have fun with swimming. Here's one in Austin. He loves UT.

20240727-114903.jpg

Reactions: Oldmanastro
What I don’t like about watching the Olympics is that I know so little about most of these sports.

Me: "wow what an impressive dive!"

Olympics announces: "what an absolute blunder, terrible form by that competitor"

Me: "well I thought it was cool"
I watched kayaking on Saturday. Don't know the first thing about kayaking but hey the scenery was great.

Clob, I saw a few swimmers from NB at the state meet. I think they have a good club. You could get junior in there but I know, he's probably going to be playing football.... All those injuries he could avoid..... The scenery is not bad either in swimming.... Lots and lots of GF's as my boys say.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT