ADVERTISEMENT

This Just Got Real

At least they are doing something about it now.

ARE THEY?

I didn't realize this until I had some time to reflect on this situation but this happened on Grobe's watch. This happened on the new and improved Title 9 office's watch.

Hammid was a known offender starting last fall. When Grobe and new Title 9 took over, Hammid's role on the team should have been addressed. Heck, if they didn't want to suspend him for a past crime they could have at least kept a watchful eye on him. And then, when he has a 2nd no contact order placed on him they could have really cracked down. Instead, they let him continue to harass this young lady to the point that she took matters into her own hands and moved out of the state. What a shame, things aren't being done at BU.

Reactions: jsto60
If the NCAA imposes the death penalty will other conference members be allowed to schedule a replacement game?

I'd be down with replacing BU with that other school across the Brazos River that really chased them away since they couldn't beat TT or BU so they fell to last in the south and ran to a new conf.

(After reading the OTL article)

Why is there even an option not to press charges, in these cases? Again and again, I see victims choosing to not press charges. :mad: The guilty party gets away, and often recommits the crime against another victim. :mad::(:mad:

Is this option allowed since victims might later refuse to testify? It just seems like the victim is asked right after the crime, while she's still in shock. Even if she can change her mind a bit later, there's nothing officially done to encourage her to press charges, or warn her of the consequences of choosing not to.

And the Baylor chickie-chix come across as particularly / universally clueless, in that OTL report.

I trust in God's judgment. That's the only solace for me here.

Last edited:
Reactions: diadevic
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT