ADVERTISEMENT

This Just Got Real

Honestly do you think those texts will prove/disprove Lebby or whomever's innocence in this whole mess? None of them should be employed right now regardless of the Lozano development.
I absolutely think the texts will prove his guilt. And if the texts reveal nothing, the texts themselves do not prove innocence.

up until now I have tried to give you the benefit of the doubt. You are WRONG about this. Why does she need to prove anything? Baylor has already been shown they are wrong. What are you hoping for? That she was planted by ESPN to get a story about Baylor? or? I don't see what her working for ESPN has to do with anything in regards to what happened at baylor.
Well thanks for the benefit, and I will try to clarify. Was she assaulted? Maybe, maybe not. But SHE is the one who is alleging that she was assaulted, AND that Briles knew. Chafin claims that he did not tell Briles. One of them is lying. Chafin claims that he doesn't know where the bruises came from. Again, one of them is lying. I certainly wouldn't put my money on Chafin as the truthteller. But she is telling us she has texts, which is the direct link to the coaching staff and will prove her story. She can put this whole thing to bed by releasing the texts to Lebby, verifying that she notified the coaches. The ESPN Part? She is a freaking journalist (or whatever they call ESPN people) and a communications major. For crying out loud, the most forceful way to get your message across is to verify your allegations with independent evidence. The texts are the most powerful evidence that (a) her story is truthful, and (b) exactly what the coaches were telling the girls to do. She works for ESPN, and is corresponding with an ESPN writer about a story? Come on - this is turning into tabloid journalism.

The NCAA, the Federal govt., the American Public, and whoever else gives a d*amn has enough evidence with the two convicted rapists to bury BU forever as an athletic and academic institution. If this alleged assault is not true, it doesn't matter with respect to BU's future, as the self inflicted damage is already done. You are correct, she does not need to prove anything - except she is making an allegation. With respect to this specific alleged assault (and this one only) - I smell a rat, and adherence to Journalism 101 would clear the air. Come on Ms. Lozano - let us see how the coaching staff operates.

Edit - BTW - reading through some of the other posts - in no way am I implying this is some sort of LHN/ESPN conspiracy. I am merely questioning whether this is just sensationalism for the purpose of generating eyeballs.

Last edited:
Well thanks for the benefit, and I will try to clarify. Was she assaulted? Maybe, maybe not. But SHE is the one who is alleging that she was assaulted, AND that Briles knew. Chafin claims that he did not tell Briles. One of them is lying. Chafin claims that he doesn't know where the bruises came from. Again, one of them is lying. I certainly wouldn't put my money on Chafin as the truthteller. But she is telling us she has texts, which is the direct link to the coaching staff and will prove her story. She can put this whole thing to bed by releasing the texts to Lebby, verifying that she notified the coaches. The ESPN Part? She is a freaking journalist (or whatever they call ESPN people) and a communications major. For crying out loud, the most forceful way to get your message across is to verify your allegations with independent evidence. The texts are the most powerful evidence that (a) her story is truthful, and (b) exactly what the coaches were telling the girls to do. She works for ESPN, and is corresponding with an ESPN writer about a story? Come on - this is turning into tabloid journalism.

The NCAA, the Federal govt., the American Public, and whoever else gives a d*amn has enough evidence with the two convicted rapists to bury BU forever as an athletic and academic institution. If this alleged assault is not true, it doesn't matter with respect to BU's future, as the self inflicted damage is already done. You are correct, she does not need to prove anything - except she is making an allegation. With respect to this specific alleged assault (and this one only) - I smell a rat, and adherence to Journalism 101 would clear the air. Come on Ms. Lozano - let us see how the coaching staff operates.
Couple things.....Baylor is the one who is giving tabloid journalism the ammo..Didn't she tell the police?....If she is lying, chafin and briles need to sue her RIGHT NOW. Wouldn't you?? You are doing a lot of victim blaming right now it seems to me. After what we have learned recently I would think I would take her word over any coach or admin at Baylor....wouldn't you? Why doesn't Lebby sue her or ask her to show the texts? Shouldn't he be the one screaming to the heavens? I know I would be screaming and telling her to show them if I was Lebby AND innocent. IF you truly want to know how the coaching staff and administration have operated then tell baylor to release the report. Don't blame the victims. And as a thought or question....why would she lie? How does it help her?

Lebby had no comment. If you were accused of that, wouldn't you scream to high heaven? An innocent man doesn't remain silent.

Reactions: swVAHorn
Couple things.....Baylor is the one who is giving tabloid journalism the ammo..Didn't she tell the police?....If she is lying, chafin and briles need to sue her RIGHT NOW. Wouldn't you?? You are doing a lot of victim blaming right now it seems to me. After what we have learned recently I would think I would take her word over any coach or admin at Baylor....wouldn't you? Why doesn't Lebby sue her or ask her to show the texts? Shouldn't he be the one screaming to the heavens? I know I would be screaming and telling her to show them if I was Lebby AND innocent. IF you truly want to know how the coaching staff and administration have operated then tell baylor to release the report. Don't blame the victims. And as a thought or question....why would she lie? How does it help her?
I tried to be very careful in the post, and perhaps I failed. But let me be clear - there is no intent to blame the victim. But just releasing the texts would settle the matter once and for all. Its not that hard to do.

Lebby had no comment. If you were accused of that, wouldn't you scream to high heaven? An innocent man doesn't remain silent.

He's not innocent overall. He theoretically could be innocent of this particular instance though. I think his silence speaks more to not wanting to stick his foot in his mouth.

Lebby could just as easily release the texts. But as I tried to make clear, they have enough fish to fry with the convicted rapists, pending lawsuits, potential lawsuits, Title IX police forthcoming, career path swirling down the toilet, and his benefactor father in law being unemployed - whether he rebuts or admits her allegations, I'm sure he is prudent enough to have a lawyer telling him to keep quiet.

If you say so. I don't know how proclaiming innocence in the face of those disgusting allegations would harm himself or his father in law. If he's innocent of course.

If you say so. I don't know how proclaiming innocence in the face of those disgusting allegations would harm himself or his father in law. If he's innocent of course.

I doubt it's his choice. I am guessing Baylor has put a gag order on him. I don't disagree with you. I think someone higher up would need to say something. He's a dime a dozen in coaching easily replaceable when there isn't even a scandal going on. I just think he's probably trying to keep his job as long as possible, and right now that doing what he's told. Post Baylor he probably won't have much of a career. He very well could be guilty. I am not making a case that's he's innocent, just that his silence could have two meanings.

Tren'davian Dickson has asked for a transfer. He will have to sit a year since he was enrolled at Baylor and his transfer will almost certainly have restrictions. Baylor is losing so much young talent right now. They will have a hard time restocking young talent as well as I'm sure recruiting will take a major hit for at least several years depending on how everything ends up.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...shman-wr-trendavian-dickson-requests-transfer

Tren'davian Dickson has asked for a transfer. He will have to sit a year since he was enrolled at Baylor and his transfer will almost certainly have restrictions. Baylor is losing so much young talent right now. They will have a hard time restocking young talent as well as I'm sure recruiting will take a major hit for at least several years depending on how everything ends up.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...shman-wr-trendavian-dickson-requests-transfer

That guy Jim Grobe is doing a terrible job at getting these kids to stay at Baylor for at least a year.

I agree with whoever mentioned Mack would have been a good fit at Baylor right now. Those players are in need of some orange slices and a hug from grandpa right now. Oh and someone who can beg tgem not to jump ship

Look, Baylor is screwed either way--- if they release the players, they won't be able to field a decent team. If they don't release them, they get lambasted in the media for not releasing them and then will have to cave to the public pressure. Either way, they screwed. My prediction for us just went from 6-6 to 7-5.

Look, Baylor is screwed either way--- if they release the players, they won't be able to field a decent team. If they don't release them, they get lambasted in the media for not releasing them and then will have to cave to the public pressure. Either way, they screwed. My prediction for us just went from 6-6 to 7-5.

Everyone seems to be saying that the 2016 guys will be released from LOIs eventually, either by Baylor or the NCAA. Everyday that goes by, BU looks worse in terms of their treatment of these players and their desire to try to salvage a football program instead of doing what they can to make things right. Even if not released, the outspoken families have said that everyone is on the same page and will not go to BU no matter what. In about 4 weeks, Baylor will have this scandal plastered all over the news once again when the NCAA is forced to step in and release these players.

In terms of existing players, things are less clear. Granting full releases seems to be the best thing for the players that want to leave but I don't think there will be as much public outcry if BU makes the players stick to the traditional transfer process with Big12 restrictions and sitting out 1 year. Really is unfortunate for the players though.

This program has a lot of adversity ahead. Forcing players to remain with the program will not do Baylor any good. The media will destroy them and the players will not buy in if forced to stay. Disgruntled players will not help this program rebuild itself.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
Everyone seems to be saying that the 2016 guys will be released from LOIs eventually, either by Baylor or the NCAA. Everyday that goes by, BU looks worse in terms of their treatment of these players and their desire to try to salvage a football program instead of doing what they can to make things right. Even if not released, the outspoken families have said that everyone is on the same page and will not go to BU no matter what. In about 4 weeks, Baylor will have this scandal plastered all over the news once again when the NCAA is forced to step in and release these players.

In terms of existing players, things are less clear. Granting full releases seems to be the best thing for the players that want to leave but I don't think there will be as much public outcry if BU makes the players stick to the traditional transfer process with Big12 restrictions and sitting out 1 year. Really is unfortunate for the players though.

This program has a lot of adversity ahead. Forcing players to remain with the program will not do Baylor any good. The media will destroy them and the players will not buy in if forced to stay. Disgruntled players will not help this program rebuild itself.

Exactly. And high school coaches and future recruits aren't just going to forget that Baylor decided to be the bully and play hardball with these signees rather than do something right for a change. And the players aren't coming to Baylor anyway, regardless of how many obstacles Baylor puts in their paths.

Extraordinary decision-making in Waco these days. These people are botching the easiest cost-benefit analysis of all time.

Last edited:

What good does it do forcing someone who doesn't want to be there to play there? I don't see how 12+ locker room cancers could ever be helpful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT