ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on Horny hire??

My personal opinion is that these Baylor coaches are finding new jobs way to easy. Kind of disturbing. I know Briles is getting most of the heat for what went on, but the entire staff deserves some heat to.

To MM: So bell, an okie trash talker, is allowed to make a ridiculous comparison of Baylor and OU to Herman hiring this guy and I'm not supposed to respond?

I'll move on from this site now. ASU troll, you get your wish. You and your $ooner friends have safe haven now.

You don't get it Scholz. No other poster here has a such a rude, condescending posting style like you do. You've received numerous justified warnings for the way you post towards others and the language that you use. Have some self awareness and accountability on your part, and try not taking this internet message board thing and yourself so seriously. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Crimson_Warrior
My personal opinion is that these Baylor coaches are finding new jobs way to easy. Kind of disturbing. I know Briles is getting most of the heat for what went on, but the entire staff deserves some heat to.
I agree with the fact that it seems most places have already moved on from this, which is sad. It is amazing how fast the news cycle can find stories and how fast those same stories disappear.

I agree with the fact that it seems most places have already moved on from this, which is sad. It is amazing how fast the news cycle can find stories and how fast those same stories disappear.
I don't know about that - at least with respect to Kendall Briles. 3 straight years as OC of the No. 1 offense in the country? And you parlay that into an OC position at FAU, under Lane Kiffin? That's a pretty steep fall.

I don't know about that - at least with respect to Kendall Briles. 3 straight years as OC of the No. 1 offense in the country? And you parlay that into an OC position at FAU, under Lane Kiffin? That's a pretty steep fall.
When you look at it that way, that is a pretty big fall. Still I am surprised that he didn't have a drop a level or 2.

I'm waiting to hear how Scholz plans on boycotting the 2017 season since surely he is opposed to this hiring? He will practice what he preaches right?
This right here should have given Scholz the ability to speak back and take up for himself. bell started this whole thing and it ain't right!!

Reactions: RoboCocks21
I don't really care if @Scholz comes or goes, but I don't appreciate the fact that that he spouts off every time he doesn't like something and then resorts to name calling and things of that nature. That is especially true when the things he claims aren't accurate. Just proving a point in my back and forth. To me, this is a fun way to keep up with UT sports. Come back all you want, but refrain from spewing things that aren't accurate

Came here to see what was going on with Horny and ran into all this.

I for sure don't know a thing about the economics of a football message board, but getting into keyboard fights like this can't help ratings, clicks or whatever the owners need to keep it going.

Came here to see what was going on with Horny and ran into all this.

I for sure don't know a thing about the economics of a football message board, but getting into keyboard fights like this can't help ratings, clicks or whatever the owners need to keep it going.
Sholz rants are a crowd pleaser in my opinion. Funniest most dependable poster on this board. Real question is how many people disagree with him just for the fire works sure to follow? Okie trash, sheep humpers, all dependable classics. Long live Sholzie.

Reactions: diadevic
This right here should have given Scholz the ability to speak back and take up for himself. bell started this whole thing and it ain't right!!
Who on here said he couldn't respond? Nobody. My comments to him were pretty mild especially compared to what I've had thrown at me by him on this same subject. I certainly didn't attack him.I'm certainly not requesting he not respond but good grief when you go out of your way to jump all over this subject everyday, a little tit for tat is in order. And like I said, my tit for tat is not personal by any means. The same cannot be said for a lot of his posts.

And for the record, I have never complained to any mod on here about any posts directed at me. So, I'm always a good sport no matter what end I'm on.

Last edited:
Is the #truthdontlie #CAB rape apologist still on staff or has Herman/Perrin fired that POS yet?

f7b5655a7b0b9483752386c6592d6cd9.jpg
I'm always ready for trolls!

What a strange world we live in, that leaving Baylor to go ANYWHERE involves a fall -- even a steep fall!

There's hope for habitual underachievers everywhere.

there is no comparison between Bomb and Scholz.....Scholz actually brings something of value.. I for one hope he sticks around.

Reactions: diadevic
I'm a so called gooner. Sholtz is one of a kind, thank god for that. Back to the topic now. I see no reason to question this hire. I agree with Bubba on the fact tha it's out of the norm for Texas's image. I think it's sad that everyone is putting all the team and personnel in Briles category. Sholtz will return like always.

Had Bob Stoops made this hire, I'm pretty sure most Longhorns would be questioning it.

That doesn't mean Casey Horny is culpable, indirectly, for what went on in Waco.
Nor that Herman made an unethical move.

What it does mean is that Herman is going to be watched closely, for signs of being a win@all-costs coach. Time will tell.

I strongly disagree. Briles's crime wasn't that he was the head. It was (allegedly) that he knew about a gang rape and did not call the police. No one let him off the hook when he told the girl's soccer coach that she should call the police. It was incumbent on Briles to call the police, because that is the right thing to do, whether you are head coach or janitor. The QC knew and did not report to the police. When 4 college guys are involved in a gang rape, stuff like that isn't kept quiet in the locker room - he knew.
That's a gross oversimplification. Re-read the Pepper-Hamilton report and you'll see that Baylor's "football coaches" failed in many inappropriate ways. There were things that they did do that were inappropriate, and things that they didn't do. They harmed:
  • the victims of rape & other violence,
  • their chance for the legal system to work properly (and not just by not contacting the police), and
  • campus safety at several universities, including Baylor.

Last edited:
What it does mean is that Herman is going to be watched closely, for signs of being a win@all-costs coach. Time will tell.
Would you consider Nick Saban a win at all costs coach? What about Urban Meyer?

They are both pretty good, and are widely considered the top 2 coaches in CF.

Not saying Herman is in their stratosphere at this point. Just that the best have something in common.

Reactions: HornDrummer
It is Friday 1/13. Do we still have Baylor rape apologist POS on Herman's staff?

That's a gross oversimplification. Re-read the Pepper-Hamilton report and you'll see that Baylor's "football coaches" failed in many inappropriate ways. There were things that they did do that were inappropriate, and things that they didn't do. They harmed:
  • the victims of rape & other violence,
  • their chance for the legal system to work properly (and not just by not contacting the police), and
  • campus safety at several universities, including Baylor.
Not picking a fight, but this is what drives me crazy. You laid out 3 results of their actions. But not the actions themselves. The report spoke with broad brushes. What EXACTLY did they do (or not do) that caused these 3 results? My specific act (or inaction) cited may be a gross oversimplification, but it is a fact. And you will have a hard time convincing me that Horny isn't guilty of the same thing.

I'm just going to say it. I'm not impressed with Herman thus far, I'm sure the ra-ra group will accuse me of being an Aggie, but lets review;
Coaching Hires: I'm settled on the word "uninspired". He said he doesn't believe in "hired guns". He wants to work with people he knows. Great. So did the last coach. I'm not saying his hires won't work out, but I'm not thrilled that he didn't put some feelers out to some top names, or really even pretend a true search was taking place. He hired guys he had previously worked with. The RB coach is probably the best hire, on paper.
Recruiting: I'm settled on the word "lazy". I realize he walked into a bad situation. Few scholarships to give, and little time to attract top talent. With that said, why not try? For all Strong's fault, he fought till the end in recruiting. Herman phoned this in. Flipped a few guys from UH, and one from Iowa. His best recruiting effort might have been to get the tight end from Lake Travis. I trust that he plans to be a beast in recruiting for the 2018 class, because this was unimpressive.
Horny: I'm baffled. Why? We can debate all day long whether or not this guy had much to do with the rape scandal, but why have the debate at all? What is the upside if this all works out? If something comes out that he was directly involved in the BU rapes, or worse, if something happens here and he is in any way connected, Texas gets the BU stench all over us. I don't want to be associated with that staff in any way. Herman shouldn't be using the prestige of our program to rehab a friend's reputation, at the cost of making our program look sleazy.
P.S. Win nine games!

He was vetted, Rhoades was contacted by Herman, Horny is guilty of showing support for Briles which people view as criminal.

He was vetted, Rhoades was contacted by Herman, Horny is guilty of showing support for Briles which people view as criminal.
Showing support for a rape enabler is not a good look. I ask again, why attach this to our program? What do we gain?

Recruiting: I'm settled on the word "lazy". I realize he walked into a bad situation. Few scholarships to give, and little time to attract top talent. With that said, why not try? For all Strong's fault, he fought till the end in recruiting. Herman phoned this in. Flipped a few guys from UH, and one from Iowa. His best recruiting effort might have been to get the tight end from Lake Travis. I trust that he plans to be a beast in recruiting for the 2018 class, because this was unimpressive.

The dead period just ended, he pulled three kids from UofH all worthy, He added position of need with a place kicker, 2 RB's, 2 TE's, and an OL flip from Okie State. TRY? Who did he get from Iowa? Carter sorta feel in his lap from Georgia but the kid is coming so props to Herman. The TE that decommitted/flipped from Nebraska was a damn good pull as well.

He's been on the job for just over a month with much of it being during the dead period....They seem to be doing aight!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT