ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts & prayers for sooners

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're going down toward Rockport, momma said this morning it's going to rain this weekend. But momma listens to Dale Nelson on channel 6 and I've been calling him "Dead Wrong Dale" for most of my life.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
If you're going down toward Rockport, momma said this morning it's going to rain this weekend. But momma listens to Dale Nelson on channel 6 and I've been calling him "Dead Wrong Dale" for most of my life.

Aransas Pass then down to Padre. Tomorrow morning I'll be drifting Lighthouse Lakes area or Brown & Root depending on wind direction.

After lunch, we're going to head down PINS to camp out until late sunday. Probably end up near Yarborough pass just incase high tide pushes to the dunes again.
If wind & tide cooperate we might push down to Mansfield jetty for a chance at snook and tarpon. Ok ok.... It'll probably be nothing but jacks. Never know unless we try.

Aransas Pass then down to Padre. Tomorrow morning I'll be drifting Lighthouse Lakes area or Brown & Root depending on wind direction.

After lunch, we're going to head down PINS to camp out until late sunday. Probably end up near Yarborough pass just incase high tide pushes to the dunes again.
If wind & tide cooperate we might push down to Mansfield jetty for a chance at snook and tarpon. Ok ok.... It'll probably be nothing but jacks. Never know unless we try.
My buddy fished near Mansfield last weekend and got into a big school of Spanish macks and just went rip sh!t riot on them. Said he had a blast. Maybe you'll happen upon a mess of them.

My buddy fished near Mansfield last weekend and got into a big school of Spanish macks and just went rip sh!t riot on them. Said he had a blast. Maybe you'll happen upon a mess of them.
Wow, that's surprising. I was going to run down last weekend too but the water looked like coffee & winds were 20-30.
No bueno for me.

Out here on the Left Coast...I just checked, it's 0856 hrs....and OU still sucks....

Fishing report:
The flats were active this weekend. Only managed about 5 specs and 1 small flatboy between the redfish onslaught. Topwater, bottom jigging, doa under popping cork, tsl grasswalkers...slot reds were hitting everything.

PINS has cleared up considerably although there's a bit of sargassum still floating in. Picked up 3 pompano & 2 nice keeper specs. Wifey had fun catching whiting on fish bites. Tons of slimy gafftop & small bonnethead sharks still in the surf.

Didn't run down to the jetty but we did see some guy destroy his trucks front end. Hauling balls down the beach, he didn't see a deep trench and the rest is an expensive tow to town.

No tagged reds & nothing heavy enough for the CCA tourney. Will try again in a couple weeks.

Reactions: freeper
Fishing report:
The flats were active this weekend. Only managed about 5 specs and 1 small flatboy between the redfish onslaught. Topwater, bottom jigging, doa under popping cork, tsl grasswalkers...slot reds were hitting everything.

PINS has cleared up considerably although there's a bit of sargassum still floating in. Picked up 3 pompano & 2 nice keeper specs. Wifey had fun catching whiting on fish bites. Tons of slimy gafftop & small bonnethead sharks still in the surf.

Didn't run down to the jetty but we did see some guy destroy his trucks front end. Hauling balls down the beach, he didn't see a deep trench and the rest is an expensive tow to town.

No tagged reds & nothing heavy enough for the CCA tourney. Will try again in a couple weeks.
Outdoors board my man. I love the report but let's keep the outdoor board going. Btw-- pompano make great cut bait. I know, I know, that's cheating.

Outdoors board my man. I love the report but let's keep the outdoor board going. Btw-- pompano make great cut bait. I know, I know, that's cheating.
Didn't know we had an outdoors board tbh. I've got this page bookmarked on my phone so I don't even see the rest of the site.

Invalid confirmation. CNN does not qualify as creditable sports programming. Therefore, the previous finding still stands.
OU still sucks. House rules brotha.;)

It's a very valid confirmation. Especially when you compare their trajectory now vs what it was in 2014. What does cnn have to do with it?

You can hold the opinion that the program sucks, but the fact that it's good being an OU fan right now just cant be denied. It's pretty exciting!

Reactions: brbreeze
It's a very valid confirmation. Especially when you compare their trajectory now vs what it was in 2014. What does cnn have to do with it?

You can hold the opinion that the program sucks, but the fact that it's good being an OU fan right now just cant be denied. It's pretty exciting!
Fake news.....cnn......was just a bit of light hearted humor. Yes, your fb program is in good shape but seeing that this is a Texas board, ou will always suck here. It goes with the territory.
Even if they just won the championship, it would go something like this...
"Congrats gooners, you still suck."

Fake news.....cnn......was just a bit of light hearted humor. Yes, your fb program is in good shape but seeing that this is a Texas board, ou will always suck here. It goes with the territory.
Even if they just won the championship, it would go something like this...
"Congrats gooners, you still suck."

It's okay to say they suck. I dont have any issue with that. I'm just saying, it doesnt suck to be a fan! It's not like they're aggie

It's okay to say they suck. I dont have any issue with that. I'm just saying, it doesnt suck to be a fan! It's not like they're aggie
I hear ya there. Boredom got to me so I made a bait & switch clickbait thread.
Guilty as charged.

Only thing missing was a Rick Astley link.

As if you wouldn't trade your recent record, your last 2 QB's, your current QB, and your incoming QB's all for OUrs. Yeah we really suck.

Reactions: brbreeze
As if you wouldn't trade your recent record, your last 2 QB's, your current QB, and your incoming QB's all for OUrs. Yeah we really suck.

Ya, results matter. I wouldn't trade current qb's or future. OU has been dominant for a decade with some TCU and BU sprinkled in.... Now be a good little sooner and roll in some red dust and we'll see you in October.

Ya, results matter. I wouldn't trade current qb's or future. OU has been dominant for a decade with some TCU and BU sprinkled in.... Now be a good little sooner and roll in some red dust and we'll see you in October.

Honestly they’ve owned the big 12 since 2000. You wouldn’t trade any future qbs? I mean I get it, you want to stay with the girl you brought to the prom, but the 19 and 21 qbs for OU aren’t #1 in their class for nothing

Honestly they’ve owned the big 12 since 2000. You wouldn’t trade any future qbs? I mean I get it, you want to stay with the girl you brought to the prom, but the 19 and 21 qbs for OU aren’t #1 in their class for nothing

2005 and 2009 say hello. When was the last time OU played for a Natty?

Ya, I was at some of the MB beat downs in Dallas. Talk about pissed off. Ya, we have been bad for some time, but like recovery from a lethal virus and gaining immunity, I think our trajectory is upward and the sky is the limit.

Last edited:
2005 and 2009 say hello. When was the last time OU played for a Natty?

Ya, I was at some of the MB beat downs in Dallas. Talk about pissed off. Ya, we have been bad for some time, but like recovery from a lethal virus and gaining immunity, I think our trajectory is upward and the sky is the limit.

2005 and 2009 say hello? Ok, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 all say hello. OU has owned the conference since 2000, it's not going to kill you to admit it, it's not that big of a deal. Speaking of playing for the natty, OU did it in 2000, 2003, 2004, and 2008. Went to the playoffs 3 times in the last 4 years. And on the other hand we have texas playing for it in 2005 and 2009. Woo baby? You really wanna compare success of the two programs in the last couple decades? Pick your battles.

Cant blame you for being hopeful, every good fan is hopeful. At least youre lucky enough to get a dose of reality in september against lsu before getting momentum because losing late in the season and losing your hope sucks.

2008???....WHOA!!!...that was clearly a tainted trip to the natty( forget the prison rape score where the OU guy begged USC to back off)...That was a stolen Big 12 championship by any objective manner. Art Bryles delivered that to Stoops by voting Texas out of the top 25....shameful!

I have no beef with the rest of your statement. I dont like it, but I have no beef.

Nothing catastrophic happened.

I just feel sympathy for you dirty gooner fans.... being dirty gooner fans!

Gentlemen, it's time for some trout therapy this weekend while the weather is right.
Hook'em!

First time poster here, so pardon me if this has been said before...

1. Nice OU trolling - I can tell you are an experienced fisherman.

2. Instead of fishing, I really wish y'all would go bulldog-hunting. I really enjoyed watching your last bulldog hunt, and I'm sure there are plenty more of those dawgs out there needing to be put out of their misery.

3. Looking forward to Saturday, Sept. 7th at 3:30 PM ET when every TV in Texas will be tuned to ABC and most of them will be Clemson fans... makes for a nice lead-in to your game with the Bayou Bengals, too. I just wish my Hokies had something to offer (maybe we'll get a chance to beat up on the Aggies in a bowl game?)

Yeah Ou has "dominated" the Bigxii.....tell us again how many National Championships all this "dominating" has got yall? Hell I think Boise St has "dominated" their conference also.....and they only have one less National Championship to show for it.

I Know....I know....conference championships are nice but it has to be just a little disappointing to know how "Dominant" ou has been......and have the exact same amount of National Championships that TEXAS has in this same time period. I could never get the "Big game Bob" moniker when his only Natty was his first year with a lot of "Big" losses in some BCS bowls.......(Boise st game.....USC the take it easy on us in the 3rd quarter game)

You should compare trophy cases and big 12 rings. Conference championships are very important when you’re in the same conference. That’s some silly reasoning.

I could never get the "Big game Bob" moniker when his only Natty was his first year with a lot of "Big" losses in some BCS bowls.......(Boise st game.....USC the take it easy on us in the 3rd quarter game)
To be fair, he did win a chit-ton of games at a time when the b12 was very strong. Bowl games just weren't his strong suit. Remember all those shirts showing how to make OU cookies?
Put the sooners in a bowel & whip them for 48minutes.

First time poster here, so pardon me if this has been said before...

1. Nice OU trolling - I can tell you are an experienced fisherman.

2. Instead of fishing, I really wish y'all would go bulldog-hunting. I really enjoyed watching your last bulldog hunt, and I'm sure there are plenty more of those dawgs out there needing to be put out of their misery.

3. Looking forward to Saturday, Sept. 7th at 3:30 PM ET when every TV in Texas will be tuned to ABC and most of them will be Clemson fans... makes for a nice lead-in to your game with the Bayou Bengals, too. I just wish my Hokies had something to offer (maybe we'll get a chance to beat up on the Aggies in a bowl game?)
Welcome Hokie.
With the lack of much football news to talk about, you gotta fire a shot over the bow just to keep things stirred up every once in a while.
I think we're going to have another solid season with an experienced qb and staff continuity that we haven't had much of since Mack B left. Guessing 9-10 wins, maybe 11 if we can get solid rb play.

How are your Hokies coming along?

"You should compare trophy cases and big 12 rings. Conference championships are very importantwhen you’re in the same conference. That’s some silly reasoning."

We should compare "National Championships" and "BCS Bowl" wins while in the Bigxii while we are at it.....and compare "Big Bowl" wins and losses.....but that would some silly reasoning

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT