ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts & prayers for sooners

Status
Not open for further replies.
2005 and 2009 say hello? Ok, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 all say hello. OU has owned the conference since 2000, it's not going to kill you to admit it, it's not that big of a deal. Speaking of playing for the natty, OU did it in 2000, 2003, 2004, and 2008. Went to the playoffs 3 times in the last 4 years. And on the other hand we have texas playing for it in 2005 and 2009. Woo baby? You really wanna compare success of the two programs in the last couple decades? Pick your battles.

Cant blame you for being hopeful, every good fan is hopeful. At least youre lucky enough to get a dose of reality in september against lsu before getting momentum because losing late in the season and losing your hope sucks.

Easy chief. Who pissed in your post toasties? Didn't deny that ou has dominated football in the b12 since 2000ish. Now you haven't dominated every year. We have the last 2 natty appearances and will likely have the next one. Need I remind you that you're a visitor here so don't be a turd or you may find yourself swirling the bowl.

Edit: OU played in nt in 2008.

Last edited:
I'll admit, Deloss Dodds was not a good AD when it came to Texas cfb. He hired bad coaches and was not entirely inclusive with the bmd's. Texas horribly underachieved when he was AD. Now that we have put the incompetence behind us and are moving forward, I'll remind everyone that Texas has 9 national titles in $ec terms. We were dominant at one time. It's coming back bro.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Longhorns_football

Last edited:
Yeah Ou has "dominated" the Bigxii.....tell us again how many National Championships all this "dominating" has got yall? Hell I think Boise St has "dominated" their conference also.....and they only have one less National Championship to show for it.

I Know....I know....conference championships are nice but it has to be just a little disappointing to know how "Dominant" ou has been......and have the exact same amount of National Championships that TEXAS has in this same time period. I could never get the "Big game Bob" moniker when his only Natty was his first year with a lot of "Big" losses in some BCS bowls.......(Boise st game.....USC the take it easy on us in the 3rd quarter game)
You do recall that you let a Ruffin McNeil defense beat your team for all the Big 12 marbles last year right? You also handed Murray the Heisman while getting your qb dang near decapitated with the hit heard round the world. I still can’t believe that cb blitz.But you did end on a high note by beating Georgia so there’s that to build on.

Welcome Hokie.
With the lack of much football news to talk about, you gotta fire a shot over the bow just to keep things stirred up every once in a while.
I think we're going to have another solid season with an experienced qb and staff continuity that we haven't had much of since Mack B left. Guessing 9-10 wins, maybe 11 if we can get solid rb play.

How are your Hokies coming along?

They've put together a solid roster. I know the transfers who left got a lot of publicity, but there were some blue-chip players who transferred IN, too! I have to think with Fuente coaching the offense and Foster coaching the defense that these kids will turn things around sooner rather than later -- hopefully soon enough to spank those Irish when the Hokies return to South Bend on November 2nd! Other than that and the usual game with Miami, it's a very easy schedule this year - too easy if you ask me! (I posted on another site that I'm a little jealous of the Rice Owls' home schedule).

As if you wouldn't trade your recent record, your last 2 QB's, your current QB, and your incoming QB's all for OUrs. Yeah we really suck.

Texas QB recruiting is better, and were it not for horrible Big 12 officials, I can guarantee that Texas wins the Big 12 last year and there is no Heisman for that midget QB of yours.

It's laughable that you think I'd take your QBs over Roshon Johnson, Hudson Card, JQJ or even Chris Thompson.

Fishing report:
The flats were active this weekend. Only managed about 5 specs and 1 small flatboy between the redfish onslaught. Topwater, bottom jigging, doa under popping cork, tsl grasswalkers...slot reds were hitting everything.

PINS has cleared up considerably although there's a bit of sargassum still floating in. Picked up 3 pompano & 2 nice keeper specs. Wifey had fun catching whiting on fish bites. Tons of slimy gafftop & small bonnethead sharks still in the surf.

Didn't run down to the jetty but we did see some guy destroy his trucks front end. Hauling balls down the beach, he didn't see a deep trench and the rest is an expensive tow to town.

No tagged reds & nothing heavy enough for the CCA tourney. Will try again in a couple weeks.

Great report, but you left out the most important thing. OU Sucks

Outdoors board my man. I love the report but let's keep the outdoor board going. Btw-- pompano make great cut bait. I know, I know, that's cheating.

As mentioned above, you forgot to mention, OU Sucks

2008???....WHOA!!!...that was clearly a tainted trip to the natty( forget the prison rape score where the OU guy begged USC to back off)...That was a stolen Big 12 championship by any objective manner. Art Bryles delivered that to Stoops by voting Texas out of the top 25....shameful!

I have no beef with the rest of your statement. I dont like it, but I have no beef.

It may be tainted to you, but it still happened within the rules, nobody cheated. All tx had to do was not lose to tech and it wouldnt have been a problem. OU beat them by 44 points, shouldnt have been that difficult to win by 1. But no, you had to lose and IMO it cost them a national title. It's hard to come back from a November loss. But look at the bright side, all the whining got the rules changed but ironically the new playoff system neutered that. Ah Briles, he really was an angel before he started recruiting rapists eh? That may have been the one last great thing he ever did.

Yeah Ou has "dominated" the Bigxii.....tell us again how many National Championships all this "dominating" has got yall? Hell I think Boise St has "dominated" their conference also.....and they only have one less National Championship to show for it.

I Know....I know....conference championships are nice but it has to be just a little disappointing to know how "Dominant" ou has been......and have the exact same amount of National Championships that TEXAS has in this same time period. I could never get the "Big game Bob" moniker when his only Natty was his first year with a lot of "Big" losses in some BCS bowls.......(Boise st game.....USC the take it easy on us in the 3rd quarter game)

One national title and a bunch of conference championships. I'm good with that, It's still awesome being an OU fan, especially when you compare them to all the other programs in the conference. Look where recruiting is now compared to 1998. And there arent many programs with as much success as OU has enjoyed over the past 20 years. Even in spite of having "only" one title in that time. It's disappointing , sure, but i recognize it for what it is; OU doesnt recruit at a high enough level to win championships, but they recruit well enough to dominate their conference. Just how it is, they arent alabama or clemson, they dont get 5 stars at most positions. So when they get to the playoffs, they are playing more talented teams. Luckily Riley is a boss recruiter and is taking care of that. Tx fans should know how important recruiting is and stoops has been a big pile of dung in that dept for a little while now. I would be more concerned or disappointed as a tx fan because they consistently recruit and get the best talent in the country, they have done less with top 5 classes than anyone, that has to be disappointing. OU has been losing championships with top 15 classes, and Riley for the first time in my lifetime at least has OU with three top 10 classes in a row. What can he do with that kind of talent? So far he's been in the playoffs with half a team. That's not at least a little impressive? What's he gonna do when he gets talent on D? Cause it's happening. Remember the good ole days when tx didnt have to fight OU for top talent? Even with the shitshow over the past 2 seasons, herman is fighting tooth and nail for recruits on D (Washington for example).

Stoops earned that nickname early in his career, it was almost automatic for OU to beat a ranked team. But obviously that did not maintain.

You should compare trophy cases and big 12 rings. Conference championships are very important when you’re in the same conference. That’s some silly reasoning.

If you talk to texas fans, the big 12 championship isnt all that big of a deal. I guess that's why they didnt really care about losing in December, wasnt something they wanted obviously.

To be fair, he did win a chit-ton of games at a time when the b12 was very strong. Bowl games just weren't his strong suit. Remember all those shirts showing how to make OU cookies?
Put the sooners in a bowel & whip them for 48minutes.

I prefer- What does OU and weed have in common? They both get smoked in bowls.

Easy chief. Who pissed in your post toasties? Didn't deny that ou has dominated football in the b12 since 2000ish. Now you haven't dominated every year. We have the last 2 natty appearances and will likely have the next one. Need I remind you that you're a visitor here so don't be a turd or you may find yourself swirling the bowl.

Edit: OU played in nt in 2008.

Does your first sentence insinuate you believe my post was made out of some sort of anger or whatever? You said 2005 and 2009 say hello, i was just responding appropriately and in kind. I guess if OU only won two conference titles it wouldnt have looked like a long, protracted diatribe. Sure 2005 an 2009 happened, i never forgot, but my statement holds true. Yes is know the difference between dominating the conference for a 20 year period of time and dominating the conference every single season. The way things are trending now there is nothing to indicate tx is closer to a title than OU is- they cant even get out of their own conference.

Texas QB recruiting is better, and were it not for horrible Big 12 officials, I can guarantee that Texas wins the Big 12 last year and there is no Heisman for that midget QB of yours.

It's laughable that you think I'd take your QBs over Roshon Johnson, Hudson Card, JQJ or even Chris Thompson.

Johnson 4 star #6 overall dual qb and #237 player in the country per 247.
Card 4 star #2 overall dual qb and #59 player in the country
Jackson 4 star #5 athlete, no ranking as qb here, and #55 player in the country
Chris Thompson is a safety

OU qbs
Rattler 5 star #1 overall qb and #11 overall player
Vandagriff 5 star and depending which publication you look at he's the #1 overall player and qb or #15 overall player

So it's certainly not laughable that anyone would take OU's commits over those of texas. I know the recruiting game can be hit and miss but based on rankings it would appear the OU commits right now are coming in higher regard. You may prefer them, and i get it, your coach likes them and got them to commit and you are a fan. But at any rate, doesnt matter who it is, any Riley qb is going to be extremely solid.

OU qbs
Vandagriff 5 star and depending which publication you look at he's the #1 overall player and qb or #15 overall player

So it's certainly not laughable that anyone would take OU's commits over those of texas. I know the recruiting game can be hit and miss but based on rankings it would appear the OU commits right now are coming in higher regard. You may prefer them, and i get it, your coach likes them and got them to commit and you are a fan. But at any rate, doesnt matter who it is, any Riley qb is going to be extremely solid.

And yet, if this is called correctly, Texas wins the B12 title game in spite of the numerous horrendous calls made against Texas.

Edit: If you look at the OU db, he looks at the ref just after contact and before they hit the ground. The ref is standing RIGHT THERE! It's so obvious. It's as if the db is thinking, "hey ref, you know the fix is in.... ya, he didn't call it."

Last edited:
I think a point being missed here is that the ball hit your receiver right in the hands, not sure why he didn’t make the catch? The dB didn’t knock it out of his hands

And yet, if this is called correctly, Texas wins the B12 title game in spite of the numerous horrendous calls made against Texas.

Edit: If you look at the OU db, he looks at the ref just after contact and before they hit the ground. The ref is standing RIGHT THERE! It's so obvious. It's as if the db is thinking, "hey ref, you know the fix is in.... ya, he didn't call it."

Firstly doesnt it suck to have to resort to blaming the refs? Texas scored 0 points against a bad D in the 4th quarter. Their 3 possessions were punt, safety, interception. And they lost by two possessions. So this "missed PI" as you call it, who is to say texas wouldnt have just punted it again? Because they had a chance to overcome that call but they instead gave up a safety and then threw an int on their final drive. And it's a questionable bad call at best (or a bad angle) because the db didnt impede the wrs body or arms/hands, he just missed a very catchable pass. That said it's a 50/50 call to me, so it seems like it could really have went either way in real time. I bet if i went through every play in the october game i could find a few bad calls that went texas' way and that could easily swing a 3 point game. At any rate, bad calls happen and you gotta use your opportunities to make up for them instead of turn the ball over right?

I mean look at this bad no call in 2016. Changed how the game started and OU couldnt really get back into it. It happens.

Wr on the ground, ball hasnt even gotten within 5 yards of him. Sure, clean. Well unlike you I guess, I can call something for what it is without bias.

Firstly doesnt it suck to have to resort to blaming the refs? Texas scored 0 points against a bad D in the 4th quarter. Their 3 possessions were punt, safety, interception. And they lost by two possessions. So this "missed PI" as you call it, who is to say texas wouldnt have just punted it again? Because they had a chance to overcome that call but they instead gave up a safety and then threw an int on their final drive. And it's a questionable bad call at best (or a bad angle) because the db didnt impede the wrs body or arms/hands, he just missed a very catchable pass. That said it's a 50/50 call to me, so it seems like it could really have went either way in real time. I bet if i went through every play in the october game i could find a few bad calls that went texas' way and that could easily swing a 3 point game. At any rate, bad calls happen and you gotta use your opportunities to make up for them instead of turn the ball over right?

I mean look at this bad no call in 2016. Changed how the game started and OU couldnt really get back into it. It happens.

Missed calls happen to everyone every year, just like injuries. It happens.
If I remember correctly, this specific no call was talked about by an "expert" during an intermission and he said there was no call because it was not a catchable ball for that receiver.
Could've gone either way, but sure was happy it went in favor of the good guys. :)

Missed calls happen to everyone every year, just like injuries. It happens.
If I remember correctly, this specific no call was talked about by an "expert" during an intermission and he said there was no call because it was not a catchable ball for that receiver.
Could've gone either way, but sure was happy it went in favor of the good guys. :)

Sure, and those experts' opinions are highly valued by whichever fans agree with them at the time.

Reactions: oldhorn2

OU qbs

I don't quote recruiting sites, generally speaking I know more about the game than the majority of these so called experts. With that said, The moment I saw Hudson Card throw a ball I knew he was special, and I mean Colt McCoy special. he is crazy accurate and runs just like Colt used to. Now with that said, his Elite 11 performance has gotten him some pretty good compliments. He has for the most part out performed everyone.

Now I did not think much of Chris Thompson when he signed with Texas, he was raw and needed a lot of work. However you need to watch his performance in the Spring game. Especially his passing, it's night and day better. He impressed the heck out of me, and isn't easy to do. I'm a pretty harsh critic, if you don't believe me go back and look at some of the things I said about Sam leading up to the start of last season.

Finally and most important. Texas and Oklahoma run two totally different offenses. Texas relies on our QBs being able to run, I don't see too much of that from what you currently have in QBs. This is really good for Texas moving forward since Texas is most vulnerable to QBs that can hurt you with their legs. On the flip side, all of the Texas QBs are fantastic runners.

Like I said, I'll take the Texas QBs over the Oklahoma QBs every day.

Reactions: freeper
I don't quote recruiting sites, generally speaking I know more about the game than the majority of these so called experts. With that said, The moment I saw Hudson Card throw a ball I knew he was special, and I mean Colt McCoy special. he is crazy accurate and runs just like Colt used to. Now with that said, his Elite 11 performance has gotten him some pretty good compliments. He has for the most part out performed everyone.

Now I did not think much of Chris Thompson when he signed with Texas, he was raw and needed a lot of work. However you need to watch his performance in the Spring game. Especially his passing, it's night and day better. He impressed the heck out of me, and isn't easy to do. I'm a pretty harsh critic, if you don't believe me go back and look at some of the things I said about Sam leading up to the start of last season.

Finally and most important. Texas and Oklahoma run two totally different offenses. Texas relies on our QBs being able to run, I don't see too much of that from what you currently have in QBs. This is really good for Texas moving forward since Texas is most vulnerable to QBs that can hurt you with their legs. On the flip side, all of the Texas QBs are fantastic runners.

Like I said, I'll take the Texas QBs over the Oklahoma QBs every day.

I dont just go by the ratings but statistically the ratings services are usually pretty good about nailing their picks. I generally look at the offer list because I trust the evaluations of the coaches who offer them. But over half of the 5 star kids get drafted and about a quarter of the 4 stars do and the numbers for everyone else arent anywhere close. But I digress.

You say texas relies on a running qb, and then you said that you don't see that too much from what OU currently has in qbs.

First of all IMO having to rely on your qb being able to run means you have other weaknesses in your offense that can be exploited. For tx it's more of a necessity than a luxury and at the end of the day you really need a slinger to win the conference and beyond.

Ok so for his career Ehlinger has 278 rush attempts for 863 yards , 3.1 yards per carry and 18 touchdowns.

Hurts has 381 rush attempts for 1976 yards 5.2 yards per carry with 23 touchdowns.

We are talking about OU, Norman, right? Sure Rattler and Vandagriff while athletic aren't true dual threat qbs, but obviously with their backfield it's not really something they need. Honestly I would be more worried about the 5 star talent Riley is amassing in the skill positions that his 5 star qbs will have around them. Anyway, Maybe you just forgot about Hurts. And yes totally not the same offense and having a still very athletic but predominantly pocket passing pro style guy is good for Riley's style because they have such talented rbs. And Riley pretty much could have had any qb he wanted and he got them so i gotta trust that he knows his evals and his coaching ability is as good as anyone. I'm not sure what your opinions were on Mayfield and Murray, i know they werent in high regard on this site and they won Heismans so I bet there's a little bias in there somewhere.

At any rate, maybe this will finally make texas good again and make the rivalry mean something and get some mojo back in the conference.

If you're going down toward Rockport, momma said this morning it's going to rain this weekend. But momma listens to Dale Nelson on channel 6 and I've been calling him "Dead Wrong Dale" for most of my life.

Oh Mr " Let me tell you all about it!

First of all IMO having to rely on your qb being able to run means you have other weaknesses in your offense that can be exploited. For tx it's more of a necessity than a luxury and at the end of the day you really need a slinger to win the conference and beyond.

What weakness did you see in the Texas offense when Vince Young was here?

What weakness did you see in the Florida offense when Tim Tiebow was the QB?

What weakness did you see in the aggsy offense when Manziel was there?

Point is a running QB puts considerably more pressure on a defense because they have to compensate for his ability to run on a passing play. You could say that the Texas offense had weaknesses last year and you would be correct, However how many times did Sam save our butts with scramble. How many times did your QB save you with a scramble. That is the thing, you have to always be ready for a QB that can run.

As of right now you have some good passers, but a guy that can both run and pass is deadly.

What weakness did you see in the Texas offense when Vince Young was here?

Not many, Young was a solid passer though, top 10 nationally in most categories and I qualifed my statement by saying you need a slinger to win, which he is. But two things: That was in 2005, the league is different now. And they had jamaal charles.

What weakness did you see in the Florida offense when Tim Tiebow was the QB?

What weakness did you see in the aggsy offense when Manziel was there?

Two of those guys played in a different league, so sorry your example of mobile qbs who dont play in the big 12 isnt good enough to deflate my statement which was made about the big 12. Besides, aggie didnt even win their own division behind manziel. Anyway, now looking at who wins the big 12, it's almost always behind a elite passing. And expanding to national champions, you'll find most years the winning team has a really good passer as qb. Especially in the past 10 years.

Point is a running QB puts considerably more pressure on a defense because they have to compensate for his ability to run on a passing play. You could say that the Texas offense had weaknesses last year and you would be correct, However how many times did Sam save our butts with scramble. How many times did your QB save you with a scramble. That is the thing, you have to always be ready for a QB that can run.

As of right now you have some good passers, but a guy that can both run and pass is deadly.

There is a difference in using a qb's mobility to complement your offense and using his mobility because your offense craters without it. That's the distinction I was making. And those teams dependent on that mobility usually do not win as much. You only had 3 examples and I could counter with 3 examples contrary for each one of yours. Anyway it holds true, you're not winning this conference without a real slinger unless we have one of those down years , which was my point. I know a mobile qb makes a defense's job harder. Not saying they arent nice to have. Just saying it should be a luxury and not a necessity.

Regarding OU qbs: You do realize Hurts is an accomplished runner right? In fact, he's been better than Ehlinger. He's also a very good passer, though needs some work on the deep ball. I'd say he can throw and pass and OU got lucky to get him.

Not many, Young was a solid passer though, top 10 nationally in most categories and I qualifed my statement by saying you need a slinger to win, which he is. But two things: That was in 2005, the league is different now. And they had jamaal charles.

Two of those guys played in a different league, so sorry your example of mobile qbs who dont play in the big 12 isnt good enough to deflate my statement which was made about the big 12. Besides, aggie didnt even win their own division behind manziel. Anyway, now looking at who wins the big 12, it's almost always behind a elite passing. And expanding to national champions, you'll find most years the winning team has a really good passer as qb. Especially in the past 10 years.

There is a difference in using a qb's mobility to complement your offense and using his mobility because your offense craters without it. That's the distinction I was making. And those teams dependent on that mobility usually do not win as much. You only had 3 examples and I could counter with 3 examples contrary for each one of yours. Anyway it holds true, you're not winning this conference without a real slinger unless we have one of those down years , which was my point. I know a mobile qb makes a defense's job harder. Not saying they arent nice to have. Just saying it should be a luxury and not a necessity.

Regarding OU qbs: You do realize Hurts is an accomplished runner right? In fact, he's been better than Ehlinger. He's also a very good passer, though needs some work on the deep ball. I'd say he can throw and pass and OU got lucky to get him.

Surely you remember Tommie Frazier and Eric Crouch. They pushed ya'lls poo in for a decade. Their running and passing stats were virtually equal. Your air raid offense is like a supernova burning bright which is about to go dark. If your offense fails statistically to live up to the past 3-4 seasons, you will be in trouble because you will fail to keep up on the scoreboard. The OU defense is a play toy at practice. It exists to be scored upon. The air raid offense was created to defeat athletically superior opponents by exploiting an overly aggressive defense with fast precision passing. Riley has schemed the air raid to precision.... but you need a 2 deep on defense that equals bama or better to be successful against teams of equal talent because your defense plays 2x the number of plays your o does. I don't think any of OU's starters on defense would start at Texas.

Tom Herman has been masterfully using what has been dealt to him. He had weaknesses all over the roster. I think you will see something different in the future.

Last edited:
Surely you remember Tommie Frazier and Eric Crouch. They pushed ya'lls poo in for a decade. Their running and passing stats were virtually equal. Your air raid offense is like a supernova burning bright which is about to go dark. If your offense fails statistically to live up to the past 3-4 seasons, you will be in trouble because you will fail to keep up on the scoreboard. The OU defense is a play toy at practice. It exists to be scored upon. The air raid offense was created to defeat athletically superior opponents by exploiting an overly aggressive defense with fast precision passing. Riley has schemed the air raid to precision.... but you need a 2 deep on defense that equals bama or better to be successful against teams of equal talent because your defense plays 2x the number of plays your o does. I don't think any of OU's starters on defense would start at Texas.

Tom Herman has been masterfully using what has been dealt to him. He had weaknesses all over the roster. I think you will see something different in the future.

Yup. Things have changed and the big 12 is a wide open pass dominated offensive league.

Why would Ou’s Offense go dark? They have as much or more talent than about everyone in the country, and they have Riley. He could make a 2 star qb look good.

So if I read your comment right- Herman is a master at what he does, they’re going to be different in the future, and The supernova that is the OU offense is about to go dark, their defense sucks and will just be the same. Nah you’re not biased lol. In regard to defense, that’s changing and recruits are already taking notice. Or are you under the impression that your team is the only one that can get better between the two?

Last edited:
In reality he decommited a while back but it only became public recently. Like with Washington he had actually told Riley a while ago that he was going to OU. But didnt want to announce It publicly til after his visits. That’s how recruiting goes. There’s still a very real likelihood Manning comes back. As a side note, it’s interesting how OU is getting big time commits on D (even beating out texas for local talent). I think Grinch and Riley really resonate with kids and that’s going to pay off in a big way.

In regard to their secondary- sometimes young talent is better than the older guys you have in there. And based on how last season went I think it’s worth a risk to play a couple freshman because they can’t play much worse. At any rate the last couple classes have been pretty good and those guys are coming into their own.

In reality he decommited a while back but it only became public recently. Like with Washington he had actually told Riley a while ago that he was going to OU. But didnt want to announce It publicly til after his visits. That’s how recruiting goes. There’s still a very real likelihood Manning comes back. As a side note, it’s interesting how OU is getting big time commits on D (even beating out texas for local talent). I think Grinch and Riley really resonate with kids and that’s going to pay off in a big way.

In regard to their secondary- sometimes young talent is better than the older guys you have in there. And based on how last season went I think it’s worth a risk to play a couple freshman because they can’t play much worse. At any rate the last couple classes have been pretty good and those guys are coming into their own.

Sure, your optimism is noted. We started 2 freshman and a soph vs OSU last year in our secondary for the first quarter because of suspensions. We spotted them 21 pts.. Both of the freshmen were 5* recruits. The soph was a 4*. The last place I want a freshman starting is QB, next secondary. Your offense better be hitting on all cylinders.

Last edited:
Sure, your optimism is noted. We started 2 freshman and a soph vs OSU last year in our secondary for the first quarter because of suspensions. We spotted them 21 pts.. Both of the freshmen were 5* recruits. The soph was a 4*. The last place I want a freshman starting is QB, next secondary. Your offense better be hitting on all cylinders.

The biggest likelihood is the freshmen will get playing time as backups anyway. So they’ll be experienced by the time they’re ready to realistically go after the starting job. OU played freshmen last year a lot and it was growing pains.

I believe the offense will be just as deadly as the last couple years. All depends on the qb though. I also think the D will be better enough that the offense won’t be pressured to score every drive

Yup. Things have changed and the big 12 is a wide open pass dominated offensive league.

Why would Ou’s Offense go dark? They have as much or more talent than about everyone in the country, and they have Riley. He could make a 2 star qb look good.

So if I read your comment right- Herman is a master at what he does, they’re going to be different in the future, and The supernova that is the OU offense is about to go dark, their defense sucks and will just be the same. Nah you’re not biased lol. In regard to defense, that’s changing and recruits are already taking notice. Or are you under the impression that your team is the only one that can get better between the two?

They aren't going to go dark, they are just going to get shut down by Texas. If you start one of your good passers against Texas they will kill him because our defense will make his life miserable with blitzes. If you start Hurts, do you actually think he is an elite passer? The guy has never been a good passer and all of a sudden he is going to be great now that he has spent 3 months with Riley?

Your choice is good passer that is sitting duck for our defense, or a bad passer that can actually move. Pick your poison we will be ready.

Who are these elite defensive kids you are talking about? Washington isn't elite. He is a solid prospect, but he isn't elite. Ransom was elite, Thompson is elite. Washington was a backup plan. And selling him on your program by telling him your entire defense sucks is going to backfire. Then again, I still find it funny he would say that.

Either he is really honest or a total BS artist. I think he is both. Oh and Washington is a total idiot for believing him. It took me 5 minutes to look up the DB recruiting results over the last 4 years and it's been pretty good. So I'm guessing if they suck it's because they aren't being developed. Any defensive player that wants to jump into that dumpster fire is not smart enough to make it at Texas to begin with.

You should worry about your own team. Texas is the team with 3 big 12 championships in 22 years. That is one incredible stat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT