ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Herman calls for A&M game

Do you want the A&M game back?

• Yes

Votes: 39 44.8%
  • Hell no

Votes: 48 55.2%

• Total voters
If we were debating who was better between A&M and Texas, we could have a good debate as neither has done anything.

Comparing BIG12 to SEC seems more clear cut.

Top tier
OU, WV, TCU vs Bama, Auburn, Georgia
SEC Easily

2nd tier
Okie State, Iowa State, Kansas State, Texas vs Mississippi State, South Carolina, LSU, Texas A&M, Florida, Missouri
I think SEC pretty easily, but doubt you guys do

Bottom Tier
Texas Tech, Kansas, Baylor vs. Ole Miss, Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee, Vandy
Same story 3rd verse, after seeing what Ole Miss did to Tech

Reactions: BobWeltlich
If we were debating who was better between A&M and Texas, we could have a good debate as neither has done anything.

Top tier
SEC Easily

2nd tier
Okie State, Iowa State, Kansas State, Texas vs Mississippi State, South Carolina, LSU, Texas A&M, Florida, Missouri

Bottom Tier

Easily is a stretch.

I mean what are we talking? Just this year? Historically? Last year?

OU vs. Alabama, Auburn, Georgia...OU is 2-0-1
WVU vs. those three...WVU is 0-2-1
TCU vs. those three...TCU is 0-2-1

Easily isn't the word I would use to describe, but SEC takes it according to your tiers.

We can talk the others more if I'm on the same page you are here...

Easily is a stretch.

I mean what are we talking? Just this year? Historically? Last year?

OU vs. Alabama, Auburn, Georgia...OU is 2-0-1
WVU vs. those three...WVU is 0-2-1
TCU vs. those three...TCU is 0-2-1

Easily isn't the word I would use to describe, but SEC takes it according to your tiers.

We can talk the others more if I'm on the same page you are here...
I was thinking about right now, or at least how good I think they are right now.

Just looked at your two links. One had the Big 12 last in just about every category among the P5's (thanks for bolstering my case). The second one I stopped reading when they said they had Texas at 16 and Tech in the top 40. That told me all I needed to know about that source.

Still scratching my head about ISU being good? Let's see how they do this year. One 8-5 season does not erase all those years when they were a footstep ahead of Kansas.
Of course. It’s not from the SEC network so of course bad sources. Of course you ignore the backup for what I claimed, that the Big XII was mentioned as one of the best. Of course you’ll cherrypick anything negative and focus solely on that. Could’ve predicted that from your brainwashed head.

ISU beat a playoff team last year and have a great coach. Maybe try reading it slowly this time. Or keep dishonestly focusing on the time before that. It’s what you do.

Last edited:
Here are some more, Bob since you’re computer illiterate. None of them say the Big XII is bad or weak like you keep lying about.

3. Big 12: Just excuse Baylor and Kansasfor a moment. Have you looked around the rest of the Big 12? It's loaded. Obviously, Oklahoma is the king of the hill with its conference championship, but TCU and Oklahoma State were just a hair behind the Sooners throughout 2017. West Virginia, Iowa State and Kansas Statewere all solid, and the conference sent 80 percent of its teams to bowl games.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...e-power-rankings-sec-back-on-top-in-2017/amp/

This one has us 3rd as well.

https://syndication.bleacherreport....all-conference-after-the-2017-season.amp.html

Top tier
SEC Easily

2nd tier

Bottom Tier

First of all SEC has 40% more teams than the Big 12. Second, A&M doesn't play Georgia. Like ever. I think they play them every six years or something crazy like that. BIg 12 plays every single team every single year.

In your second tier (which is funny you include A&M LOL!) just recently KSU dominated A&M on the road, and Texas curb stomped Mizzou who won the SEC East numerous times recently.

In your Bottom tier Tech destroyed Arkansas at Arkansas recently. BTW, you need to swap Mississippi and A&M tier spots. And then place A&M below Tech as we have run that experiment 16 times recently and Tech comes out on top.

Of course. It’s not from the SEC network so of course bad sources. Of course you ignore the backup for what I claimed, that the Big XII was mentioned as one of the best. Of course you’ll cherrypick anything negative and focus solely on that. Could’ve predicted that from your brainwashed head.

ISU beat a playoff team last year and have a great coach. Maybe try reading it slowly this time. Or keep dishonestly focusing on the time before that. It’s what you do.

Glad you are up from your nap, took some Geritol:), and are ready to post again!

And keep posting links that back up what I have been saying all along. Makes my research that much easier.

Gramps
First of all SEC has 40% more teams than the Big 12. Second, A&M doesn't play Georgia. Like ever. I think they play them every six years or something crazy like that. BIg 12 plays every single team every single year.

In your second tier (which is funny you include A&M LOL!) just recently KSU dominated A&M on the road, and Texas curb stomped Mizzou who won the SEC East numerous times recently.

In your Bottom tier Tech destroyed Arkansas at Arkansas recently. BTW, you need to swap Mississippi and A&M tier spots. And then place A&M below Tech as we have run that experiment 16 times recently and Tech comes out on top.

Your post has too many inconsistencies/fabrications to respond to.

Glad you are up from your nap, took some Geritol:), and are ready to post again!

And keep posting links that back up what I have been saying all along. Makes my research that much easier.

Gramps

Your post has too many inconsistencies/fabrications to respond to.
As usual y’all dont do well with facts and objectivity.

Mid tier SEC LSU taking one of the better teams in the ACC behind the woodshed. Way too physical for Miami.

My 7-5 prediction is feeling a little iffy.

You said the Big XII was a bad league. I posted 4 articles ranking it fro 1-3. You said show me proof. I did. You ignore it.

Honest question are you mentally challenged? Not kidding. I’ll lay off if so.

Reactions: cml7374 and q1w2e3
You said the Big XII was a bad league. I posted 4 articles ranking it fro 1-3. You said show me proof. I did. You ignore it.

Honest question are you mentally challenged? Not kidding. I’ll lay off if so.
BIG12 is an average league in football, it is only truly bad in footprint and image. SEC is the best, BIG10 is a close second, then a really big drop to the other 3. SEC and BIG10 are almost always the top 2 leagues. I think right now BIG12 has less bad teams than PAC or ACC, and is third.

Your wording is always derogatory. So it’s 3rd best. To me that’s not average. It’s only bad in image to biased aggys. You also called TCU and WVU “nothing special “. They looked good this weekend. Also disagree with those monikers.

Your wording is always derogatory. So it’s 3rd best. To me that’s not average. It’s only bad in image to biased aggys. You also called TCU and WVU “nothing special “. They looked good this weekend. Also disagree with those monikers.
3 out of 5 is not average (mean or median)? And the BIG12 has an image of no defense and high powered offenses, so it can be a positive or a negative. Just depends on what you like.

I think both WVU & TCU are good, just not playoff good. Both have a shot at being ranked in the top 10, but I don't believe either has a shot at being one of the very best teams. I wish I could say that about us.

You know as well as we do that the image is not an Aggie thing. SEC whether you like it not is THE premier league. Not conference smack. I would have rather watched the SEC games than Big 12 when the Aggies were playing. Now, after attending games at many SEC venues and all of them at Big 12 venues, there is no comparison in the atmosphere and game day experience...it’s not close. Big 12 is 3rd or 4th depending on the year.

You know as well as we do that the image is not an Aggie thing. SEC whether you like it not is THE premier league. Not conference smack. I would have rather watched the SEC games than Big 12 when the Aggies were playing. Now, after attending games at many SEC venues and all of them at Big 12 venues, there is no comparison in the atmosphere and game day experience...it’s not close. Big 12 is 3rd or 4th depending on the year.

You guys and your cheerleading and chest beating over a conference is embarrassing. Stand on your own accord with your aggy team and quit talking conference smack. It makes you look weak and insecure. Oh and BTW, the Big 10 was the best conference, top to bottom, in the nation last year, not the $EC.

You guys and your cheerleading and chest beating over a conference is embarrassing. Stand on your own accord with your aggy team and quit talking conference smack. It makes you look weak and insecure. Oh and BTW, the Big 10 was the best conference, top to bottom, in the nation last year, not the $EC.
I’ll agree the Big 10 last year was better. You guys just don’t understand that the conference DOES have an impact on where kids want to play. You here it in all the top players in the country that say “I just wanted to play in the best conference” it matters. Look at the recruiting rankings. How many Big 12 teams do you see in the top 25? How many in the top 15? Top 10? You really think it means nothing? What was the argument with Baylor and TCU a few years ago? They didn’t play a good schedule and that schedule was the Big 12 schedule. You KNOW it sucks to play against the teams you do in front of the crowds you do. It’s not Big time games. I’m not riding coat tails, it’s just a hell of a lot more fun. You will see one day when you switch...and you will. You are just late to the party. THEN we will all hear your justification on why your new conference is better. One doesn’t get into an argument on conference smack when they are a bottom tier conference. You and I both know Texas belongs in a better conference than Who you are hanging out with now.

I’ll agree the Big 10 last year was better. You guys just don’t understand that the conference DOES have an impact on where kids want to play. You here it in all the top players in the country that say “I just wanted to play in the best conference” it matters. Look at the recruiting rankings. How many Big 12 teams do you see in the top 25? How many in the top 15? Top 10? You really think it means nothing? What was the argument with Baylor and TCU a few years ago? They didn’t play a good schedule and that schedule was the Big 12 schedule. You KNOW it sucks to play against the teams you do in front of the crowds you do. It’s not Big time games. I’m not riding coat tails, it’s just a hell of a lot more fun. You will see one day when you switch...and you will. You are just late to the party. THEN we will all hear your justification on why your new conference is better. One doesn’t get into an argument on conference smack when they are a bottom tier conference. You and I both know Texas belongs in a better conference than Who you are hanging out with now.

I don't disagree with you about kids wanting to play in a good conference. It does matter to them. However, you're proving my point by continuing with the $EC cheerleading stuff. It screams, "I'm insecure about my team/school because we're a pretender and we suck, so all I've got to go on is conference smack". For some reason, aggys can't see themselves and how this looks to others. Its weak sauce and embarrassing for them.

Reactions: Scholz
One doesn’t get into an argument on conference smack when they are a bottom tier conference.
A) The Big XII isn’t a bottom tier conference no matter how many times you aggys lie that it is.

B) Losers have to rely on what their conference mates accomplish. Which is why conferences are all aggys blather on about.

Reactions: LonghornMM
I don't disagree with you about kids wanting to play in a good conference. It does matter to them. However, you're proving my point by continuing with the $EC cheerleading stuff. It screams, "I'm insecure about my team/school because we're a pretender and we suck, so all I've got to go on is conference smack". For some reason, aggys can't see themselves and how this looks to others. Its weak sauce and embarrassing for them.
So when Alabama fans chant SEC..SEC..they are insecure?

So when Alabama fans chant SEC..SEC..they are insecure?

No, they're secure. Just idiots cheering for a conference, lol. Those "$EC, $EC, $EC chants are just dumb. Thankfully fans of other teams don't do that in the conference that they play in. If they do, its only to mock $EC fans.

A) The Big XII isn’t a bottom tier conference no matter how many times you aggys lie that it is.

B) Losers have to rely on what their conference mates accomplish. Which is why conferences are all aggys blather on about.

Scholz,

The Big 12 at best is a distant 3rd behind the SEC and Big 10. And in a given year, you are easily 4th or 5th Or 6th two years ago behind the AAC in many people's opinions. The AAC had more players drafted than your conference in 2017. A group of 5 league had more players drafted than your league. I will agree you are better than the Pac 12 right now, but your league had a pretty abysmal start on Saturday, so I am not sure you hold on to that. But, bottom line, bottom tier (in the Power 5) is not a stretch. A fair assessment is to say that the Big 12, AAC, and Pac 12 are right now middle of the pack conferences in the whole FBS spectrum.

The hard part for you is realizing that times have changed. This is not the 60's and 70's (and even somewhat the 80's/90's) when you guys had all the competitve advantages (money, no scholarship limits, facilities, etc). TV money and scholarship restrictions have evened all that out in large portion. TCU, Baylor, A&M, etc all have good facilities, money, etc. That is why the A&M/UT series is basically 50/50 over the last 50 years.

Scholz,

The Big 12 at best is a distant 3rd behind the SEC and Big 10. And in a given year, you are easily 4th or 5th Or 6th two years ago behind the AAC in many people's opinions. The AAC had more players drafted than your conference in 2017. A group of 5 league had more players drafted than your league. I will agree you are better than the Pac 12 right now, but your league had a pretty abysmal start on Saturday, so I am not sure you hold on to that. But, bottom line, bottom tier (in the Power 5) is not a stretch. A fair assessment is to say that the Big 12, AAC, and Pac 12 are right now middle of the pack conferences in the whole FBS spectrum.

The hard part for you is realizing that times have changed. This is not the 60's and 70's (and even somewhat the 80's/90's) when you guys had all the competitve advantages (money, no scholarship limits, facilities, etc). TV money and scholarship restrictions have evened all that out in large portion. TCU, Baylor, A&M, etc all have good facilities, money, etc. That is why the A&M/UT series is basically 50/50 over the last 50 years.

Can you explain, since the Big 12 is such a bad conference and all, why a&m was two games above .500 and didn't compete for conference championships when they played in the conference?

Reactions: cml7374 and Scholz
Scholz,

The Big 12 at best is a distant 3rd behind the SEC and Big 10. And in a given year, you are easily 4th or 5th Or 6th two years ago behind the AAC in many people's opinions. The AAC had more players drafted than your conference in 2017. A group of 5 league had more players drafted than your league. I will agree you are better than the Pac 12 right now, but your league had a pretty abysmal start on Saturday, so I am not sure you hold on to that. But, bottom line, bottom tier (in the Power 5) is not a stretch. A fair assessment is to say that the Big 12, AAC, and Pac 12 are right now middle of the pack conferences in the whole FBS spectrum
Yeah so all of the stuff about the Big XII being bottom tier is BS. You’re full of crap. I showed you 4 articles naming us 1-3. Your basis that we’re 5th or 6th is a vague, unsubstantiated, made up and flat out false “in many people’s opinion.”

But congrats on being a part of something you had nothing to do with and won’t ever contribute to. What a bunch of do nothing losers.

Reactions: weevilcatch
Can you explain, since the Big 12 is such a bad conference and all, why a&m was two games above .500 and didn't compete for conference championships when they played in the conference?

Two names...Franchione & Sherman. You're starting to figure out the same concept just with two different names...Strong & Herman.

Sure, this is clearly a case of then and now. The Big 12 when A&M was in the conference is clearly different than it is now. Here are the reasons.

1. No Nebraska. We can can all argue about the reasons why Nebraska left, but they were a huge loss for the league.

2. Texas and Texas Tech-Both of these programs are a shadow now of what they were when A&M was in the Big 12. Out of the last 4 decades, Texas has had one Elite decade (2000's). That represents most of the years A&M was in the league. You guys were really good/elite. Since A&M left, UT is 40-37 (basically a .500 progrm). Texas Tech was a 8 or 9 win team pretty much every year when A&M was in the Big 12 and they are 38-39 since.

3. Colorado-Won 4 north division titles. Along with KSU was the other team in the north with consistent success.

So, the league now and the one that A&M played in are two radically different leagues. One was near the top and now the league is middle of the pack (at best).

As far as why we did not win more. We had Texas during their best decade iand OU in the division. Plus a good OSU and Tech teams. Baylor was the only bad team. Back then, the Big 12 South might have been one the best division in college football. It rivaled the SEC East (Georgia, Florida, and Tennessee). It was a tough division to win. That said, we won more division titles than either OSU or Tech (two schools you guys always like to say are better than us) and we won the same amount of conference titles as OSU and Tech never won one.

The league now is OU as the elite team. OSU, WVU and TCU show promise, but this easily could be a league with only 1 team in the playoff discussion come November. It was not a good start last week. KSU, KU, UT, and Tech would all get very low grades. Tell me if you disagree. Meanwhile, the SEC looks to have 4 teams (LSU, Georgia, Bama, and Auburn) as playoff contenders.

Meanwhile, the SEC looks to have 4 teams (LSU, Georgia, Bama, and Auburn) as playoff contenders.
So the Big XII used to be harder but now your aggys are in a better place because different good teams are better than you? I got that right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT