Do you want the A&M game back?

• Yes

Votes: 39 44.8%
  • Hell no

Votes: 48 55.2%

• Total voters

Aggie_Eric98

May 17, 2004
I thought both fanbases were both against this, please get with Coach "Some" and set him straight. Just because you play no rival at home doesn't mean our schedule which contains Alabama, Auburn, LSU and Arkansas every year needs another game.

]

I thought both fanbases were both against this, please get with Coach "Some" and set him straight. Just because you play no rival at home doesn't mean our schedule which contains Alabama, Auburn, LSU and Arkansas every year needs another game.

]
LOL, you put Arkansas in there! You do know Texas has a tougher schedule this year (and last season), right?

Last edited:
The aggys are skurrt. They and their SEC masters have dodged us in 2 bowl games and turned down our offer for a home and home in '22 and '23 so we're playing Bama then instead.

They'd rather talk trash without the possibility of yet another loss to us. Like a small yappy dog behind a closed door. That's why they ran away.

Last edited:
The aggys are skurrt. They and their SEC have masters have dodged us in 2 bowl games and turned down our offer for a home and home in '22 and '23 so we're playing Bama then instead.

They'd rather talk
It's called math. We had a tougher schedule last year. We were #17 SOS. You were #41. You know, after the games were played not just hype.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other
So you think this year which was what I was responding to is going to be tougher? We only play number 1 and 2 out of the gate. I’m sure most around the world would agree with you that the gauntlet of the Big 12 or lack there of is just as impressive. You continue to sit in THE worst conference in football. As soon as you guys leave..which you will you will be sitting pretty.

"You do know Texas has a tougher schedule this year (and last season), right?"

He clearly mentioned last year. Which is what I pointed out.

You have a higher ranked SOS this year right now. You did at the beginning of last season as well. You know, before the overrated SEC teams play. Your OOC schedule is so pussy too. You play 3 high school teams every year.

We just beat a whiny, overrated SEC team in our bowl game as well.

Oh and you're scared to play us. Cowards.

It's called math. We had a tougher schedule last year. We were #17 SOS. You were #41. You know, after the games were played not just hype.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

Exactly. These days there are numerous advanced statistic options to analyze college football from offensive/defensive rankings to strength of schedule. If you glance at any of those, on the whole, Texas has and had a tougher schedule than A&M.

However, it seems like the Aggies just close their eyes and cover their ears and mumble SEC SEC SEC no matter what happens in the real world. I mean the guy in this very thread used Arkansas as an example of their murderous schedule hahahahaha!

You have a higher ranked SOS this year right now. You did at the beginning of last season as well. You know, before the overrated SEC teams play. Your OOC schedule is so pussy too. You play 3 high school teams every year.

Actually, Texas has a tougher strength of schedule THIS YEAR too based on the Football Power Index strength of schedule. Texas is #4 and A&M is #29

All they have to boast about is their conference. Everyone knows they'll never win anything themselves. They're good at fluffing Bama though. That's their favorite pastime. It's pitiful.

So you think this year which was what I was responding to is going to be tougher? We only play number 1 and 2 out of the gate. I’m sure most around the world would agree with you that the gauntlet of the Big 12 or lack there of is just as impressive. You continue to sit in THE worst conference in football. As soon as you guys leave..which you will you will be sitting pretty.

Objectively, Big 12 isn't the worst conference by any measure....only in your confirmation bias.

Objectively, Big 12 isn't the worst conference by any measure....only in your confirmation bias.
For example...Sargarin ratings for last season had the Big 12 rated above the: Pac-12 North, Big Ten-West, ACC-Coastal, Pac-12 South, and SEC East.

Tommy is mistaken. We don't have a big time power 5 program an hour and a half down the road from us.

We have a delusional, underachieving, canker worm, power 5 middle of the road school down the road from us.

Go east a little further and cross the state line on I-10 and you'll have better luck with that "big time" moniker.

I don't ever want to play them in the regular season again. Period.

Next question.....

]

In regards to the original question from the guest that came over from little brother land:

Now that we've established that your premise of why you claim you don't want the game is false; that A&M's schedule is too tough and/or tougher than Texas', let's look at the real reasons.

I think you'd be surprised in that there is some percentage of both fan bases that definitely want the game back. However, I would guess that the majority on both sides don't at this point.

For me, and maybe other Texas fans, I'd rather keep the USC's, Michigan's, Ohio State's, Notre Dame's, Alabama's...etc.. on the non-conference schedule year in year out. Big 12 only has three non-conference games, unlike the SEC with four so there is less room for scheduling.

On the A&M side: They left, and one of the primary reasons they left is to get away from Texas' giant shadow over them. Deep down they know the last thing they want is to have Texas on the schedule every year beating them more times than not. This ruins their safety bubble in the SEC where they can clamor that they are in a superior world now. The novelty of a new conference, and hope that things may change for them someday are still too strong and fresh.

And when they did play a P5 team they blew a 34 point lead to a team that fired their coach at the end of the season.

Reactions: Scholz
giphy.gif

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Think about it. The Ags were the model of mediocrity throughout the history of the Big 12. They move out of Big Bro's shadow, and get to experience the excitement of new venues, new road trips, new "rivals." But the newness wore off, and now, once again, they are the model of mediocrity in the SEC. What to do? Get a dump truck of money and money whip a new coach into coming to College Station. The excitement is renewed again - they are again newsworthy. But --- what if it doesn't work? What if Jimbo's greatest coaching achievement was keeping Jameis Winston eligible? What if the cycle of mediocrity continues? To paraphrase Coach Parcells -- what if the Aggies are what they are? They have no where else to turn. FWIW - I personally think Jimbo is overrated and the Aggies will be 8-4/4-4 for the next 10 years.

The Ags were the model of mediocrity throughout the history of the Big 12.
But the newness wore off, and now, once again, they are the model of mediocrity in the SEC.

These two things are what aggy doesn't understand. You moved and make fun of the B12 but you're no different in the SEC that you were in the B12.

The aggys have been, are currently and always will be a mediocre middle of the road team. They've played .500 ball in every conference they've ever been in. You can set your watch to it.

You continue to sit in THE worst conference in football.

Your team continues to be mediocre no matter what conference they pick. The well we play Alabama, LSU, Auburn etc.. is just saying you're ok with losing because it's against those teams and they're better. Typical.

It's just them spinning because they know they've been outed as cowards who are afraid to play us.

Too busy playing UL Monroe, UAB and something called Northwestern St this season.

Listen sugarpants-- you've drawn a tough schedule this year, I won't argue that. But please don't sit here and try to convince me that it's a yearly thing for your lot. It ain't.

ADVERTISEMENT