ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Herman calls for A&M game

Do you want the A&M game back?

• Yes

Votes: 39 44.8%
  • Hell no

Votes: 48 55.2%

• Total voters
I think maybe Herman has a little more say in the matter than you, no offense.

This thread is ridiculous. I’ve read this regularly topic for a good while. I don’t have Alzheimer’s yet. I get your drift thanks for bringing it up again. Scared

I think maybe Herman has a little more say in the matter than you, no offense.
No offense taken. Herman obviously has more say than I do, but still very little. Some rich old farts with giant egos will be making this decision, and I can't imagine either side giving in.

I don't ever want to play them again in fb.

Why? Because on Thanksgiving night 2011, on the very last play, in the very last game in the immortal words of Craig Way

Justin Tuckers kick is gooooood and one last time the Texas Longhorns have broken the hearts of the aggies. I hope the powers that be in Austin never, ever, change it.

The venerable University of Texas
Cow college
Forever

Maybe Herman is an evil genius and knows the best way to get A&M to never play again is to say you want to play us. Or maybe he feels like the home crowd is bored and wants to amp up the crowd for big recruiting weekends. Or maybe.... Ok. I'm out of ideas, I'll go with evil Mensa member.

Doesn't matter what Herman or I think, this decision will be made way above our pay grades.
Or maybe he knows the easiest way to the playoffs with only three non-conference games is A&M every year and two non power fives. Herman is the coach, he's not sitting in the stands or on the couch watching TV. He wants championships.

He knows he will have a free pass if he has at least one power five, and always has the excuse of he has to play the in-state rival like everyone else. He knows he will beating them more years than not, and he can then play the Ohio St's, Michigan's, USC's, Alabama's, LSU's ...etc... in the playoffs instead of week 2.

I think it would be great to bring the game back because it's a traditional rivalry. Not because we need the game (we can obviously replace them with higher profile OOC games). I just think college football is the poorer for it the more of these games go away that's all.

But if the aggys hate us so much or are scared to damage their PR or don't care about it then so be it.

Reactions: Oldmanastro
I think it would be great to bring the game back because it's a traditional rivalry. Not because we need the game (we can obviously replace them with higher profile OOC games). I just think college football is the poorer for it the more of these games go away that's all.

But if the aggys hate us so much or are scared to damage their PR or don't care about it then so be it.

The game was messed up when they quit playing it on Thanksgiving day!

Hook'em

Fvck no
Fvck nein
No jodas
não foda-se
baise pas
Cazzo no
اللعنة لا
نه فک کن
ファックノー
他妈的没有
fvck nee
nei nei
boogie no
jebati br
ебать ні

In whatever language you want..... ain't happening.

No

I liked it when it was our long standing turkeyday tradition but that has ended. Any future meeting should only be in the playoffs or a shared crappy bowl to juice the ratings.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
Personally, I could stomach it but some changes need to be made to the current football format. I am in favor of a pure conference champion coming from each of 4 major conferences. I would get rid of OOC games and opt for more conference games or more playoff games. I could see Texas in a conf. of 16 teams out a combo of the Big 12 and Pac. Any way, Aggy would be on Thanksgiving at the end of the season and not be a major impact to the final outcome each teams conference standing.

cause if not, you have no marquis home games. It's really not that complicated. But your schedule is tougher so kudos.

Listen sugarpants-- you've drawn a tough schedule this year, I won't argue that. But please don't sit here and try to convince me that it's a yearly thing for your lot. It ain't.
Would you like to post the past few years? We can do that too. Bottom line is you need the game..we don’t. Whether you like it or not, SEC schedule is good enough. Yours isn’t. We could have a pointless debate about conference strength and what not but perception is reality and all outside of your conference don’t give the Big 12 any respect. I’ll wait for someone to waste their time to post the past several years of strength of schedule. If you think you would walk through it easier in the SEC I’ll snicker at that as well, but amuse me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT