Tom Herman calls for A&M game

Do you want the A&M game back?

• Yes

Votes: 39 44.8%
  • Hell no

Votes: 48 55.2%

• Total voters
LOL at two things:

1. Michigan states expenses are about to go from $26 million to about $2.5 billion after those law suits get settled. Keep your hands off women god dammmmit!

2. Super duper LOL at @SwagCopter and aggy for being #17 and ranked behind arkysaw, the powerhouse revenue making football power house Washington, and woefully trailing behind a bunch of land grabbing dirt merchants in Oklahoma. The real gut punch has to be that child rape U, Penn state, is killing you.

Thinks about that...... a university that will forever be known as a place where a horrible child molester operated for years..... makes more money than aggy.....

I was just messing with you, but I do think having girls is helpful in recruiting.

You won't hear me bragging about something from 80 years ago. Who knows if that team was even the best, not one person saw all the good teams play back then. Hell, they didn't even have black players back then and students athletes were actually students. Nothing like today.

I was a young kid in the early 80's and we only got 2 games a week back then on TV, sometimes only one. I got so sick of watching Nebraska win by 50 every week in one those games (I have no idea why it seemed like they were one of the 2 games every damn week). Anything that happened before all the best games were on TV is iffy to me. How did sports writers vote for teams they saw play maybe once all year? Hate to give ESPN credit for anything, but they made college football great in my mind.

mm42, I'm going to be honest. I was posting and responding in a bunch of different threads without looking who the person was.

You're a good dude with a level head over here.

Agreed on the ESPN angle...however, I don't watch ANYTHING other than a sporting event on their shit channel now.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Apparently Aggies are the ones firmly with no intention of playing us:

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...clined-texas-longhorn-series-renewal-proposal

"The University of Texas recently extended an invitation to Texas A&M to resume their instate football rivalry and play a home-and-home in 2022-23, the Houston Chronicle has reported.

The Aggies, according to the Chronicle, declined.

"We were already booked," Texas A&M athletic director Scott Woodward told the newspaper. "We're booked 10 years out. He had an opening at the time, and it suited him, but it didn't suit us."

The Aggies reportedly have Appalachian State and Miami scheduled in 2022, then New Mexico and Miami in 2023. After the Aggies declined, Texas athletic director Chris Del Conte scheduled Alabama for those two years instead.

In addition to any scheduling conflicts, the Chronicle reported that the Aggies "don't believe" they need to renew their rivalry with Texas -- primarily because of their affiliation in the SEC West.

"You have Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Ole Miss and Mississippi State rolling in here every other year and Arkansas in Dallas every year. That's a pretty darn good schedule," Woodward said. "And as brutal and hard as our schedule is in the SEC West. ... it's definitely the toughest division in football. That's proven year in and year out."

Texas and Texas A&M have not played since 2011, when the Longhorns posted a 27-25 victory in College Station.

"You look at where national championships come from and the caliber of play, and you see it every week," Woodward said. "It's hard on a team, and it's a pounding. So you have to be careful how you schedule your nonconference games."

Why would we cancel Miami to play Texas? Wwe have Miami, Notre Dame, Colorado, and Arizona St scheduled already. It just won’t be any time soon.

Why would we cancel Miami to play Texas? Wwe have Miami, Notre Dame, Colorado, and Arizona St scheduled already. It just won’t be any time soon.
Tradition. Who cares about Miami.

But regardless, the quotes sound like there's zero interest going forward because it would be too hard of a schedule. Seems like A&M worried about another loss.

Aggy sure isnt gonna cancel Appalachian St or New Mexico thats a couple of powerhouses that are automatic wins. Colorado......ASU....who knows.....Miami and Notre Dame will more in likely bend over aggy like they do sheep

I kind of find the whole thing comical to be honest......aggy always finds a way to screw themselves and its hilarious. "How is that" you aggy might ask......well let me enlighten you.

1st....aggy runs from BIGXII to the SEC in which aggy may have very well ran the table that year in the BIGXII and couldve played for a National Championship......instead they finish 11-2 and tied for second in the SEC West with LSU. Pooooor aggy.....way to aggy that up.

2nd......Aggy i believe cancels games against USC and Oregon (which i believe were very good teams at the time) which were to be played in 2018 and 2019 or 2019 and 2020 somewhere around there.....anyway they replace them with i believe Clemson which at the time was a decent team but as of now is a top 5 team in the country. Aggy was afraid to play USC and Oregon so they replaced them with Clemson which they had no idea they were gonna be a top team in the country at the time. Poooor aggy......way to aggy that up.

3rd......Aggy declines to play TEXAS in future....stating their schedule is "full". Sure didnt stop them from cancelling games already set up with USC and Oregon to replace them with what they thought at the time was gonna be an automatic win with Clemson. All this does is make aggy look weak and scared to play TEXAS which coaches will use against them in recruiting. Aggy can use the "we play in the SEC" so we can play the likes of NW State....LA Monroe......Fresno St.....Lamar..... UTSA......North Texas......Abilene Christian. Those are some high profile teams to pad those wins because they know they will only be around 500 in SEC play. Im looking for future games where they play UTPB in Odessa TX and Midland College in Midland TX(Midland College doesnt have a football team yet but dont tell aggy that) Anyway i just find it funny how aggy always finds away to shoot themselves in the foot. Poooor aggy......way to aggy it up

Screw aggy. Texas shouldn't do them the favor of ever playing them again in any sport. Texas doesn't need a&m.

It was a way to change the narrative about Aggy and the SEC being better

This is killing UT in recruiting right now
Hopefully Texas has a big year and we do not have some school lying to commits about how their football is much better

Truthfully if it was they would prove it

Reactions: mm42
It was a way to change the narrative about Aggy and the SEC being better

This is killing UT in recruiting right now
Hopefully Texas has a big year and we do not have some school lying to commits about how their football is much better

Truthfully if it was they would prove it

Texas starts winning big and they will, for the most part, lock down the state and get the best recruits. Texas getting back to winning 10+ games every year will severely hurt a&m's recruiting. When it all shakes out, I think Tom Herman will be a great hire and will be at Texas for many years. Jimbo Fisher is a huge gamble on a&m's part. They're all-in with him and I think the odds of him mirroring Kevin Sumlin's average win/loss record is pretty high.

Texas starts winning big and they will, for the most part, lock down the state and get the best recruits. Texas getting back to winning 10+ games every year will severely hurt a&m's recruiting. When it all shakes out, I think Tom Herman will be a great hire and will be at Texas for many years. Jimbo Fisher is a huge gamble on a&m's part. They're all-in with him and I think the odds of him mirroring Kevin Sumlin's average win/loss record is pretty high.

That is why recruiting has been quiet.
The staff and team have to quiet the doubters.

When recruits are saying Texas hasn't won more than "6" games since 2014 you know they are believing the narrative.

A 10 win season in 2018 quiets that and could possibly shut the window on Jimbo's and Aggy's most important season for recruiting.

I think it makes 100% sense why Herman would want to try and get this game back on the schedule. He knows A&M will say no. Texas gets to say we tried. Pretty smart move if you ask me. He May be trying to reshuffle the deck, but I think he just wanted to be turned down.

We don't need the game. You do. Really simple. And yes, if you start winning 10+ a year again, it will change things dramatically.

Did you see the wording in his contract? If he leaves on his own, he owes A&M nothing. If they fire him (without cause) they owe him every dime. Say what you want about the coach or what you think he will do with the program, but he just took A&M for literally everything they had.

Or USC. Look, we get it. You girls are scared. Good luck with UAB, UL Monroe and Northwestern St.
Hey good luck to you as well with Maryland, Baylor, Tech, Iowa St, Tulsa and Kansas.
I like how Texas wanted us to kick Miami off our schedule to play them, and that way you guys could say we were scared. Maybe we should kick Miami off the schedule and play Texas to lighten our load.

Hey good luck to you as well with Maryland, Baylor, Tech, Iowa St, Tulsa and Kansas.
I like how Texas wanted us to kick Miami off our schedule to play them, and that way you guys could say we were scared. Maybe we should kick Miami off the schedule and play Texas to lighten our load.

Aggy logic at it's finest.

UT, Herman and Del Conte made the offer because it is the right thing to do

Texas can bring in a bigger name opponent than Aggy every year.
Your hatred for anything UT has your fanbase completely unhinged.

If you truly want to be "Big Bro" you would do what is right for Texas
The state of Texas means more than either university.

Aggy logic at it's finest.

UT, Herman and Del Conte made the offer because it is the right thing to do

Texas can bring in a bigger name opponent than Aggy every year.
Your hatred for anything UT has your fanbase completely unhinged.

If you truly want to be "Big Bro" you would do what is right for Texas
The state of Texas means more than either university.
Yes, UT and Herman and CDC are putting the pettiness behind them, taking the high road, and trying to reignite one of the oldest and greatest rivalries in college football. Texas A&M doesn't want to add another tough team to their schedule nor do they want to risk giving recruiting momentum and headway in the state of Texas to UT or the Big XII. Sad, really. A&M has single-handedly open the floodgates to sending our Texas boys east.

Additionally, yes Texas has some 'easy' games on its schedule. Baylor has completely imploded. But they are a P5 school and a few years ago they were top 5 in the nation. Iowa State? Oh, you mean the team that beat Oklahoma and TCU and finished 8-5 in a P5 conference? Right, that's the same as ULM 4-8 in Sun Belt or UAB 8-5 in C-USA...

Reactions: TheTruthof2018
Truthfully who cares about Aggy.

Their inflated ego has made us think they are something more than a SEC lap dog.

As soon as the shine of Jimbo and the failures of UT are over then it will be back to reality.

Aggy had to fire Sumlin to bring energy back to their program.

Once that energy slowly drifts away where are they going to turn. UT will not be down forever.

When is DeMarvin Leal going to decommit is all I care about in regards to Aggy.

Truthfully who cares about Aggy.

Their inflated ego has made us think they are something more than a SEC lap dog.

As soon as the shine of Jimbo and the failures of UT are over then it will be back to reality.

Aggy had to fire Sumlin to bring energy back to their program.

Once that energy slowly drifts away where are they going to turn. UT will not be down forever.

When is DeMarvin Leal going to decommit is all I care about in regards to Aggy.
Scandals at A&M may get us Leal, and Urban Meyer may get us Garrett Wilson

We don't need the game. You do. Really simple. And yes, if you start winning 10+ a year again, it will change things dramatically.

Texas damn sure doesn't need a&m. Never has, and never will need them. aggy wants to be Texas so bad, but they're not, and never will be, or never will be on Texas' level.

Reactions: Scholz
Bigsisterag no one said kick Miami off y'alls schedule....unless you are considering Abilene Christian.....NW State.....LA Monroe.....Midland College real marquee games to get those recruits talking. Sometimes i wonder if you ever think before posting on Big Brother message board

I think Herman calling for the game was a good move.....if aggy said yes he would've beat them and made them enjoy it. Them saying "No our schedule is full" gives Herman ammo to tell everyone he tried to get the game played but aggy was afraid. Then when they give that "schedule full" crap he can point out how they had a full schedule for USC and Oregon but pulled out because they were afraid. Herman won either way

aggy would be too scared to schedule ISU. Cyclones win that game easy. Just like KSU man handled aggy recently.
You'd better watch out for Kansas who manhandled YOU recently. One of the High School teams on your schedule BEAT you just a couple of year ago. Delusion at its finest. Now hurry, call me a name.

Texas damn sure doesn't need a&m. Never has, and never will need them. aggy wants to be Texas so bad, but they're not, and never will be, or never will be on Texas' level.
That's what you will never understand. We want to be anything but Texas.

You'd better watch out for Kansas who manhandled YOU recently. One of the High School teams on your schedule BEAT you just a couple of year ago. Delusion at its finest. Now hurry, call me a name.
At least Kansas is P5, who was it, Northwestern State that took you guys to the limits? And manhandled? An OT win at home is manhandling? Then I guess we need to come up with new ways to describe what LSU & Miss State did to you guys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT