ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Herman calls for A&M game

Do you want the A&M game back?

• Yes

Votes: 39 44.8%
  • Hell no

Votes: 48 55.2%

• Total voters
The Ags were the model of mediocrity throughout the history of the Big 12.
But the newness wore off, and now, once again, they are the model of mediocrity in the SEC.

These two things are what aggy doesn't understand. You moved and make fun of the B12 but you're no different in the SEC that you were in the B12.

The aggys have been, are currently and always will be a mediocre middle of the road team. They've played .500 ball in every conference they've ever been in. You can set your watch to it.

You continue to sit in THE worst conference in football.

Your team continues to be mediocre no matter what conference they pick. The well we play Alabama, LSU, Auburn etc.. is just saying you're ok with losing because it's against those teams and they're better. Typical.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
It's just them spinning because they know they've been outed as cowards who are afraid to play us.

Too busy playing UL Monroe, UAB and something called Northwestern St this season.

So you think this year which was what I was responding to is going to be tougher? We only play number 1 and 2 out of the gate. I’m sure most around the world would agree with you that the gauntlet of the Big 12 or lack there of is just as impressive. You continue to sit in THE worst conference in football. As soon as you guys leave..which you will you will be sitting pretty.
Listen sugarpants-- you've drawn a tough schedule this year, I won't argue that. But please don't sit here and try to convince me that it's a yearly thing for your lot. It ain't.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Both teams are mediocre. Both teams can schedule up to 4 automatic wins if they want (Kansas).
I actually think Texas is ahead right now, because Herman already pulled in one really good class. Neither team is loaded with good upperclassmen, but at least Texas has that outstanding incoming class.
I have no idea why Herman wants this game enough to go out of his way pushing for it. Texas plays some decent teams at home every year, just not brand teams. A&M gets the benefit of playing more brand teams, but they aren't brand teams for no reason. So there is a downside.
I'll likely be dead in 40 years, so let's play then.

He wants to play because it’s a rivalry game. Also he’s not scared.

BTW we play USC at home this year. I’d call that a marquee game. There was a national championship game with those 2 teams not long ago.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
And I think y'all have a really good shot at beating USC. Will probably come down to QB play and I have no clue if they have a decent QB or not. Wish I could say that about our game with Clemson.

This is all about perception and leverage. We might need the game 5 years from now, and if we do you guys should tell us to f off. Would not make you scared, just unwilling to help a foe.

It is none of my business, but I don't understand why you guys still play OU in Dallas. It would hurt OU to play home and home, why give them a game in Dallas every year people actually watch.
I hate the Dallas trip for the Arkansas game, and it would SUCK if it were forever.

It is none of my business, but I don't understand why you guys still play OU in Dallas. It would hurt OU to play home and home, why give them a game in Dallas every year people actually watch.

Emotional attachments aside, I disagree. I don't think a home-and-home would have any significant negative effect on OU's recruiting. OU will always be a player for Dallas-area recruits due to proximity.

Furthermore, over the long run, the neutral-site arrangement is more favorable than a home-and-home series to whichever team is stronger. This is good for both Texas and OU, since it means that the respective programs' elite teams are less likely to suffer a season-derailing loss in the series. The downside, of course, is that long losing streaks are more common in this series when your program is down, but I think that cost is worth the protection the arrangement affords to the stronger teams.

Reactions: diadevic
This is all about perception and leverage. We might need the game 5 years from now, and if we do you guys should tell us to f off. Would not make you scared, just unwilling to help a foe.
We’ve scheduled plenty of cool home and homes coming up: USC, LSU, Bama, Mich, tOSU. Just got done playing ND. We’re not hurting for big name opponents. Also, we just inked the #3 class in the country a few months ago. We don’t need the game like you’re saying. Maybe Herman’s just into traditional rivalries? Nah that can’t be it, must be something sinister.

And sorry but the aggys continually ducking this game sure smells like fear. Maybe it’s your fear of people seeing that nothing has changed despite your carefully crafted narrative.

It is none of my business, but I don't understand why you guys still play OU in Dallas.
You’ve obviously never been to that particular game. 1 of a kind. Nothing else like it.

For me, and maybe other Texas fans, I'd rather keep the USC's, Michigan's, Ohio State's, Notre Dame's, Alabama's...etc.. on the non-conference schedule year in year out.

This times a billion. I really can't understand how anyone would want to trade these home-and-home series for playing only aggy every f*cking year.

Or USC. Look, we get it. You girls are scared. Good luck with UAB, UL Monroe and Northwestern St.

Maybe Herman is an evil genius and knows the best way to get A&M to never play again is to say you want to play us. Or maybe he feels like the home crowd is bored and wants to amp up the crowd for big recruiting weekends. Or maybe.... Ok. I'm out of ideas, I'll go with evil Mensa member.

Doesn't matter what Herman or I think, this decision will be made way above our pay grades.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT