ADVERTISEMENT

Unsportsmanlike Conduct Penalty for Showing "Horns Down"

You're not too bright are you?
Lol. Didn’t mean to hurt your feelings bubba. Just stating my opinion. Sensitive lit
Why does everyone think that someone has hurt feelings when there is a disagreement? LOL.

Your post was irrelevant to the OP. Thus I posted what I did.
I said it shouldn’t be flagged which was absolutely relevant to the OP. All good man.

Lol. Didn’t mean to hurt your feelings bubba. Just stating my opinion. Sensitive lit

I said it shouldn’t be flagged which was absolutely relevant to the OP. All good man.

Your 2nd sentence made it seem as though you justify taunting because a player get toasted. And then you mentioned whining.

None of that makes sense. Taunting is unsportsmanlike. Horns down is taunting. If it's not taunting then what the hell is it? Flag it and move, or do that shit on the sideline.

Your 2nd sentence made it seem as though you justify taunting because a player get toasted. And then you mentioned whining.

None of that makes sense. Taunting is unsportsmanlike. Horns down is taunting. If it's not taunting then what the hell is it? Flag it and move, or do that shit on the sideline.
I guess it’s just a difference in mentality. Like I said, all good man. Not going to get into an internet dispute.

I guess it’s just a difference in mentality. Like I said, all good man. Not going to get into an internet dispute.

Isn't that what sports message boards are for? To argue? lol.

As I stated from the beginning, I don't care either way about horns down, teams/players stop doing it when they're getting their ass kicked, but it is taunting. And taunting on the field of play is deemed illegal and thus warrants a flag.

The reason the taunting penalty exists is to stop an altercation it's just that simple. It's in place for a reason if the NCAA takes that off the rules I'm fine with that just expect some one to get their asses handed to them on the field by fan or player.

So did anyone else catch the unsportsmanlike conduct when wv went for the 2 point conversation and Grier high stepped it into the endzone? Well he was flagged and it should of been 15 yards and the points taken away and to retry the two point conversion. But it was accessed on the kick instead so that call was wrong just like many from that game.

Reactions: 2300 Nueces
That's why ya don't fight to win games , if ya can't fight this!

After the game, the Mountaineers tried to plant a West Virginia state flag at midfield, prompting several UT players to start pushing and shoving the visitors off the midfield logo.

“It’s disrespectful,” defensive tackle Chris Nelson said. “I just took it as that shouldn’t be going on, but at the end of the day, they beat us. Why try to fight it now?”

No wonder we are in this shape, no fight left in them!

Hook'em

“It’s disrespectful,” defensive tackle Chris Nelson said. “I just took it as that shouldn’t be going on, but at the end of the day, they beat us. Why try to fight it now?”

Bet if Sam seen that shit he would've smashed them. That kid loves playing for Texas and takes everything about that football team serious.

And taunting on the field of play is deemed illegal and thus warrants a flag.

Except when Grier threw the horns down, he wasn’t on the field of play and he still got a penalty, which UT couldn’t capitalize on? I’m not sure what else you wanted done in that situation.

Do you all have that much hubris that you expect the hook ‘em horns to be some kind of protected symbol?

What I can’t get is that there has been this lie/exaggeration that Grier high-stepped into the end zone. You talk about grasping at straws. You couldn’t stop the Grier to Sills slant and then we come out on the field and score on the 2 point conversion again, yet you want the refs to hand you the game. You have every advantage imaginable and you want the game taken away from the team the earned the victory.

Last edited:
Except when Grier threw the horns down, he wasn’t on the field of play and he still got a penalty, which UT couldn’t capitalize on? I’m not sure what else you wanted done in that situation.

Do you all have that much hubris that you expect the hook ‘em horns to be some kind of protected symbol?

How would your fanbase react if a visiting team came into your stadium and gave your fans or players the double middle fingers? I'm thinking that it wouldn't be received too well. Same thing with doing the Horns down at our stadium. Try being objective here.

How would your fanbase react if a visiting team came into your stadium and gave your fans or players the double middle fingers? I'm thinking that it wouldn't be received too well. Same thing with doing the Horns down at our stadium. Try being objective here.

Those aren’t even close to being comparable situations. Again, you all think a lot of yourselves and that is why this is even an issue. It’s not some protected or shielded symbol.

Those aren’t even close to being comparable situations. Again, you all think a lot of yourselves and that is why this is even an issue. It’s not some protected or shielded symbol.

It sure is a comparable thing. That's YOUR opinion, and you think that everyone has the same opinion that you do and they don't. All fanbases think highly of their team. You're just being obtuse to not see my point, which has validity to it.

What I can’t get is that there has been this lie/exaggeration that Grier high-stepped into the end zone. You talk about grasping at straws. You couldn’t stop the Grier to Sills slant and then we come out on the field and score on the 2 point conversion again, yet you want the refs to hand you the game. You have every advantage imaginable and you want the game taken away from the team the earned the victory.

Listen hillbilly...

I don't give a **** about Horns down. The question was asked what I thought. Horns down is a taunt, and thus should be flagged by the rules. If you don't think it is taunting then what is it? Give me a legitimate alternative and I might change my mind.

If the NCAA comes in and says it won't be flagged I will give zero ****s. Players/teams don't do that dumb shit when you're kicking their ass. That is the best remedy for Horns down.

I never said anything about the 2 point conversion. I never said anything about the refs blowing the game. I never said anything about WVU in a bad light. Maybe quote someone else next time toothless.

Does this make sense to you, or do I need to write it in crayon?

It sure is a comparable thing. That's YOUR opinion, and you think that everyone has the same opinion that you do and they don't. All fanbases think highly of their team. You're just being obtuse to not see my point, which has validity to it.

23vbwd0.jpg

Hook'em

Oklahoma basketball played in Austin a few years ago. Oklahoma was kicking that ass. Some Oklahoma players celebrated early with the horns down. Texas players had a huge comeback win. Posters on this board were boasting that the horns down inspired the comeback. So iif benefitted from the OU doing that. See how that works. It’s just a harmless hand sign. Upside down horns sign would be palm forward. Back hand is for Matthew’s horn down. Shouldn’t even on the players minds.

Oklahoma basketball played in Austin a few years ago. Oklahoma was kicking that ass. Some Oklahoma players celebrated early with the horns down. Texas players had a huge comeback win. Posters on this board were boasting that the horns down inspired the comeback. So iif benefitted from the OU doing that. See how that works. It’s just a harmless hand sign. Upside down horns sign would be palm forward. Back hand is for Matthew’s horn down. Shouldn’t even on the players minds.

Isn't this what I stated two posts above?

These are facts.

1 - teams do Horns down
2 - it is taunting
3 - it doesn't happen when you're kicking the other teams ass.
4 - #3 is the remedy to #1

This didn't go the way I expected. I am shocked that most horns care about the horns down. I always thought it was stupid, kinda fun, and totally harmless.

I don't see how they can allow the horns up sign at away games anymore, pretty sure somebody will feel taunted. I hate that people are punished because of someone else's feelings. College kids are already triggered by everything, adults need to set an example of ignoring stupid crap.

This didn't go the way I expected. I am shocked that most horns care about the horns down. I always thought it was stupid, kinda fun, and totally harmless.

I don't see how they can allow the horns up sign at away games anymore, pretty sure somebody will feel taunted. I hate that people are punished because of someone else's feelings. College kids are already triggered by everything, adults need to set an example of ignoring stupid crap.

I sort of agree.

I just want one person to answer this question...third time I've asked...if Horns down isn't taunting then what is it? Seriously? I don't do upside down hand signs so I don't know. It seems like something you would do to irritate someone.

Horns up in no way is a taunt at away games LOL unless the player obviously points it at the bench, other players, etc. it's no different than holding your hands up with those gloves that have the designs on them.

This is one of the dumbest threads I've spent this much time on. That should've been put on my list of facts

I sort of agree.

I just want one person to answer this question...third time I've asked...if Horns down isn't taunting then what is it? Seriously? I don't do upside down hand signs so I don't know. It seems like something you would do to irritate someone.

Horns up in no way is a taunt at away games LOL unless the player obviously points it at the bench, other players, etc. it's no different than holding your hands up with those gloves that have the designs on them.

This is one of the dumbest threads I've spent this much time on. That should've been put on my list of facts
I guess it is taunting, but it just seems so insignificant. We all need to get offended some times. Say F$ck it, and move along. Just seems like people are looking for something to be offended by.

I don't see how they can allow the horns up sign at away games anymore, pretty sure somebody will feel taunted.
This is full blown retarded. Pulling for your own team is a complete false equivalency.

And it’s Horns, aggy.

That’s a kids thing. I don’t do it and nobody did it for years in Oklahoma.
I agree on the penalty because he was taunting the fans. Screw the bad ass football players. They should be inspired by it. You say it means that much. Texas fans do the OU sucks chant playing other teams. You don’t have to go to college to do that horn sign. CDC learned it overnight.

Reactions: weevilcatch
This is full blown retarded. Pulling for your own team is a complete false equivalency.

And it’s Horns, aggy.
Some people don't get sarcasm.

The horns down is the same as any team hand sign flipped upside down to trash talk. It should be taunting if done on the field of play, but it is not equivalent to flipping someone the bird or other unmentionables. Sorry....

Last edited:
Yeah it is. But you're an obsessed Longhorn hater so you won't ever be honest about it. If an opposing player gave your fans the double bird in your stadium, you'd have something to say about it. But you won't admit that. Because you hate UT too much. And you're not honest.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT