ADVERTISEMENT

Urban Meyer said no thanks?

Just got a note from a good friend inside of Belmont. It's not over. Meyer is still mulling things over. Texas is making a very hard play for him.
He has to be intrigued by the talent here especially on offense. And the reality is if he has any interest in coaching again at all this is probably his last best chance.

Reactions: EWNHorn
Dude--- you ever going to get a hall pass and let the wife play Monopoly with the kids one evening so we can grab a beer? Oil bidness is slow and I promise to cut you off after 2 pints. Plus, I need another shooter for a helo hog deal I'm lining up. An actually shooter. Not some plug Nancy.
Let's make it happen, SMS.
Plug Nancy, ha! Yeah, bidness in the patch is very tight. I've been staying in Ruidoso to work near a town ironically enough, called Corona.

Helping hogs social distance via Air Bacon sounds like a blast. A good buddy of mine did that through the SOWW charity. I've all but given up trying to control our local hogs. Any given night we can drop 10-15 using .300blk subsonic with a can. Still haven't found a good way to dampen the cycling sound of an ar.

There is no reason to play the Kansas game. It's troubling that UM doesn't WANT to coach here. If he has to be talked into coaching here, I might pass. Anyway, this sets up for a TH return. No reason to get players injured like Kerstetter etc.... Kansas screwed us last time. We can return the favor.

Plug Nancy, ha! Yeah, bidness in the patch is very tight. I've been staying in Ruidoso to work near a town ironically enough, called Corona.

Helping hogs social distance via Air Bacon sounds like a blast. A good buddy of mine did that through the SOWW charity. I've all but given up trying to control our local hogs. Any given night we can drop 10-15 using .300blk subsonic with a can. Still haven't found a good way to dampen the cycling sound of an ar.

About those hogs. They are more valuable than many realize. Good thing we are supposedly losing around 3000 people a day because of a coronavirus and yes it sucks but 270 Million are starving due to Covid lockdowns.

There is no reason to play the Kansas game. It's troubling that UM doesn't WANT to coach here. If he has to be talked into coaching here, I might pass. Anyway, this sets up for a TH return. No reason to get players injured like Kerstetter etc.... Kansas screwed us last time. We can return the favor.
I know it’s being framed this way, but I don’t think it’s Texas. I think Urban is probably is deciding if he wants to coach at all right now. I know it doesn’t fit the narrative but he may just not want to coach.

Reactions: StrangerHorn
There's a place just south of San Antonio that buys them alive 15-20 cents/lb. I don't have a trailer set up for feral hogs but I do plan on it.
You would need 4 128lb hogs at .20 a lb. to make $100. Then transport cost etc.. Have to be a pretty serious hobby but with a few guys and feed plots could make some money. And you have to get them from the plot/ kill area to the truck/ trailer.. Friends have 2 hunting plantations in south Georgia and they are all over the place down there...

If he has said no. It is quite likely he doesn’t coach again unless the NFL lures him
Just no longer respect Tom and he has worn out his welcome at UT in my view.. The buyout with Meyer on board is one thing.. The buyout with what else is perceived to be available is another.. It was a huge error to give Tom the extension. We'll see what happens.. But to much has gone wrong for to long at UT and I honestly feel that pruning needs to occur in several areas for the University to be what it can be. Because to much that in truth is detrimental to our kids is happening there and sadly UT is not the only University where that is the case...!!

Reactions: JDCPAgolferHorn
They will be worth $$$ dead soon enough. Especially the sub 100lb pigs. Food scarcity is real. It's not hit the US hard, yet. It's coming.

Just no longer respect Tom and he has worn out his welcome at UT in my view.. The buyout with Meyer on board is one thing.. The buyout with what else is perceived to be available is another.. It was a huge error to give Tom the extension. We'll see what happens.. But to much has gone wrong for to long at UT and I honestly feel that pruning needs to occur in several areas for the University to be what it can be. Because to much that in truth is detrimental to our kids is happening there and sadly UT is not the only University where that is the case...!!
Even know none of the other people out there are aren’t slam dunk hires the way Urban was I do think they would all be upgrades over Herman

This is likely going to play out like the Shaka situation. Shaka is not great but he has a senior laden team and they will be good this year. Next year, prolly not. He likely is not extended. The same will probably happen with Herman. No one wants to drop the cash to buy him out unless it's for UM so we will be stuck with him.

Reactions: Cary Newman
Heres the interesting thing for both Texas and Urban Meyer. They can revisit it next year. The fact is the landscape of college football is likely to be roughly the same. If Texas wants Urban and Urban wants Texas it will be on the table this time next year as well

Herman? Or Longneck? Or both?
Herman.. Ketch says he does what he does without understanding why. At this stage of his life he should have better creative intelligence and the capacity to understand the how's and whys that need to happen in order to achieve what he wants.. And often in both his personal life and in games you can clearly see that he doesn't understand the how's or whys and how they need to be adapted as his life and games unravel on him..

Herman.. Ketch says he does what he does without understanding why. At this stage of his life he should have better creative intelligence and the capacity to understand the how's and whys that need to happen in order to achieve what he wants.. And often in both his personal life and in games you can clearly see that he doesn't understand the how's or whys and how they need to be adapted as his life and games unravel on him..

Exactly, they need to take away his headset. He is a riverboat gambler at heart.

Reactions: Seminole1981
Not looking good for luring Urban. Not sure I'm too excited about the other alleged possible alternatives.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT