ADVERTISEMENT

Urban Meyer said no thanks?

It never made sense to me why the power brokers want their serfs to be poor. It makes no sense. You can take more from them if they have some money. If they are broke as sh!t, you can't take from them. And if you try and take something from someone that has nothing to give up, that's when the torches a pitch forks come out. Just ask Marie Antoinette.
I'll also never understand how politicians talk about supporting middle class but then destroy their small businesses with sh!t like this. Sorry small business owner, you can't be open--- but an identical place owned by a Hollywood studio can be open---- right next door to your place.

I think it boils down to this---- the people in power see all of us as just fvcking stupid dolts that have to be told what to do 24/7--- and the powerful people live behind their aged homes with armed security guards and they FEAR anything anymore. It's like law enforcement wasn't created to protect us from each other, but instead to protect the powerful from US. One day if we rise up and start clipping these fvckers, they hope law enforcement steps in and saves them.

I've got some bad news for them.
We’re on the same page. I’m only here for a couple of years so I’ll be able to leave. But, it’s giving me insight as to what could spread to the rest of the country if unchecked. It’s not an academic exercise anymore. The evil is very real. I’m seeing it first hand.

“Awful” is subjective. These unprecedented times in which we are living touch every aspect of our lives. It’s arguable whether posts on science or Constitutional rights are political posts.
MM does an incredible job keeping things reigned in while recognizing we are living in unprecedented times.
Although we don’t have the great James Woods’ famous Twitter response (INSTABLOCK) available to us, you do have unfollow available.
I know all about blocking. That worthless, washed up, Trump D sucking loser Woods blocked me on twitter for calling out his BS.

We’re on the same page. I’m only here for a couple of years so I’ll be able to leave. But, it’s giving me insight as to what could spread to the rest of the country if unchecked. It’s not an academic exercise anymore. The evil is very real. I’m seeing it first hand.
"The sky is falling!! The sky is falling!!!". What a scared puss.

So.....Shelly, UMs wifey, liked a tweet from Kirk Barton that basically says UM will not accept the UT gig. Take that tidbit for what it's worth.

Enough of your BS.
Careful ace. Mod longhorn mm will look away if clob94 or anyone else, even Sooners, rants political leaning right.

If you even hint saying anything near the middle or God forbid left, Longhorn MM...ie Cleetus from Dukes of Hazzard’s and the rest of the redneck rally will come at you hard.

Careful ace. Mod longhorn mm will look away if clob94 or anyone else, even Sooners, rants political leaning right.

If you even hint saying anything near the middle or God forbid left, Longhorn MM...ie Cleetus from Dukes of Hazzard’s and the rest of the redneck rally will come at you hard.

You really aren't too smart, are you?

So.....Shelly, UMs wifey, liked a tweet from Kirk Barton that basically says UM will not accept the UT gig. Take that tidbit for what it's worth.
I just take that as more games from the Urban Meyer camp. One thing everyone needs to remember about him is yes he’s a great coach, but he also likes the drama and attention. I could honestly see him never coaching again, but stringing many teams along for the next few years.

The fact is though. Urban Meyer will be 57 next season and in questionable health supposedly. If you buy the premise that there are only 5-6 college jobs he’d even consider Texas very well may he his last best offer for a return. Baring someone jumping to the NFL very few of the jobs he’d want will be open over the next 5-6 years. It very well could be Texas or nothing for Urban Meyer if he does want to rerun to coaching

Surly is down the hall to the left.

Conservative yes. But my east coast private grad school background is hardly the stuff of redneck rallies. Sorry to not conform to your predetermined image.

I'll wait for you to show me where I've gone on a political rant. If I do talk politics, I do my best to remain balanced. There's stupidity on both sides. It just so happens that right now, there's one side being a tad more stupid than the other. And calling people race based names like "rednecks" is no different than making a black, brown or Asian slur. It shows your lack of character as well as your hypocrisy.
As I said, at this moment in history, one side is acting more stupid than the other.

Club, 'stupid' is not the right word to describe the far left. It seems too benign and unintentional.

There is far more intention and manipulation.

Everything they blame others for (racism or intolerance) they exhibit and spread to a much much much greater extent...

Well looks like Urban isn't going to South Carolina cause Shane Beamer will be the next head coach, we still have a chance haha

Well looks like Urban isn't going to South Carolina cause Shane Beamer will be the next head coach, we still have a chance haha
I hope some of the others they interviewed turned them down and they didn’t pick Beamer over them because if they did that’s a miss

I just take that as more games from the Urban Meyer camp. One thing everyone needs to remember about him is yes he’s a great coach, but he also likes the drama and attention. I could honestly see him never coaching again, but stringing many teams along for the next few years.

The fact is though. Urban Meyer will be 57 next season and in questionable health supposedly. If you buy the premise that there are only 5-6 college jobs he’d even consider Texas very well may he his last best offer for a return. Baring someone jumping to the NFL very few of the jobs he’d want will be open over the next 5-6 years. It very well could be Texas or nothing for Urban Meyer if he does want to rerun to coaching
I wouldn't bet a beer either way but if the wifey doesn't want you to go on a fishing trip that you're invited to, you tell the boys you don't feel like going.
I will maintain a sceptical hope.

Reactions: freeper
I wouldn't bet a beer either way but if the wifey doesn't want you to go on a fishing trip that you're invited to, you tell the boys you don't feel like going.
I will maintain a sceptical hope.
Yeah don’t get me wrong I’d like for him to come here. I just think a lot of the stuff surrounding Meyer over the years his him liking the drama and focus to be on him, and I think teams pining for him every off season kinda plays in to that John Gruden kinda falls in to that catagorey to. He loved being courted. Not sure he was ever seriously considering many of the jobs he was being courted for

Reactions: GuaranteedFresh!
Yeah don’t get me wrong I’d like for him to come here. I just think a lot of the stuff surrounding Meyer over the years his him liking the drama and focus to be on him, and I think teams pining for him every off season kinda plays in to that John Gruden kinda falls in to that catagorey to. He loved being courted. Not sure he was ever seriously considering many of the jobs he was being courted for
For sure. What red blooded man doesn't like having his ego stroked but right now UT is the the hot mess with daddy issues though.
Take the high pay potential out of the equation and honestly, I don't see why anyone successful would voluntarily come here now. This ain't the same UT we grew up with, academically or athletically.

For sure. What red blooded man doesn't like having his ego stroked but right now UT is the the hot mess with daddy issues though.
Take the high pay potential out of the equation and honestly, I don't see why anyone successful would voluntarily come here now. This ain't the same UT we grew up with, academically or athletically.
Dude--- you ever going to get a hall pass and let the wife play Monopoly with the kids one evening so we can grab a beer? Oil bidness is slow and I promise to cut you off after 2 pints. Plus, I need another shooter for a helo hog deal I'm lining up. An actually shooter. Not some plug Nancy.
Let's make it happen, SMS.

• Haha
Reactions: GuaranteedFresh!
Well, remember the Saban thing, we could have had him and they messed that up, they might mess up UM deal also, looks like the same footprints!

To me, it's looking more likely that Herman returns for another season. CDC will probably need to make a statement pretty soon to provide some clarity.

Reactions: westx

Don't worry, the MSM and Big Tech have Aces back. We can have Orangebloods ok?

I’ve often wondered why College programs don’t look more at NFL coordinators more. Would expand the pool a little more. Seems like every year every school is looking at the same pool of coaches, or depending on getting coaches to leave programs, or someone to come out of retirement.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT