ADVERTISEMENT

Vegas has ND -10 over UT at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made several points before that pic, and you know what's telling about it. I can't wait for Texas to shut you clowns up. Notre Dame is overrated and will not finish where they start the season. They'll drop after week one, and I already said why.

You haven't really said anything, just posted "We're gonna beat the crap out of you guys"

When it's come to actually discussing something......you're completely avoided it

This issue with this is that you're assuming that all Frosh All-American's are on the same level, and you're just choosing the position where you would rather have that level of talent.

What I'm pointing out is that Frosh All-American's along the OL and Interior DL are picked from a much smaller pool of players than a Frosh All-American RB..........because far more players play at RB as a True Frosh than on the OL or at DT

Basically, if you have 50+ teams with True Frosh RBs getting significant snaps then when you pick the best of them (Frosh All-American) you're getting the best out of a 50 player pool

But usually that pool would be much smaller for positions like OL and DT, where even major NFL prospects have a tendency to Red-Shirt
(for example, Zach Martin and Ronnie Stanley.......just from ND)

So when you're picking the Frosh All-American OLs you may only be picking from a 10-20 player pool (at least of P5 players)

This type of smaller pools for the "power positions" is why being a Frosh All-American at those positions just isn't as valuable as it is at the skill positions.

It's far more likely that there are Red-Shrt Frosh that will come in and be as good (or better) than the Frosh All-American along the LOS than at the skill positions

So what you're discussing is completely separate from what I'm saying

No, what I am discussing is that we have frosh AA from last year that are going to skullfuk your team but you dont think ours are any good... only yours...... glad i could clear that up for you bud. ;)

No, what I am discussing is that we have frosh AA from last year that are going to skullfuk your team but you dont think ours are any good... only yours...... glad i could clear that up for you bud. ;)

I've never said that at all. Sorry for forcing you to stick to reality, bud.

I've said that you have to stop creating a double standard for Frosh All-Americans (for the same position, between teams) and that you have to understand how many True Frosh actually play at any given position, and how that affects Frosh All-American status for the position.

I've never said bat NDs Frosh All-American LB is better or worse than Tecas Frosh All-American LB.

I've just pointed out that the award isn't as meaningful at some other positions, where the True Frosh talent pool is smaller.

I've been consistent in evaluating both Morgan and Jefferson, even giving the significant edge to Jefferson in that direct comparison

I've never said that at all. Sorry for forcing you to stick to reality, bud.

I've said that you have to stop creating a double standard for Frosh All-Americans (for the same position, between teams) and that you have to understand how many True Frosh actually play at any given position, and how that affects Frosh All-American status for the position.

I've never said bat NDs Frosh All-American LB is better or worse than Tecas Frosh All-American LB.

I've just pointed out that the award isn't as meaningful at some other positions, where the True Frosh talent pool is smaller.

I've been consistent in evaluating both Morgan and Jefferson, even giving the significant edge to Jefferson in that direct comparison

Not as meaningful? A freshman AA implies that a 18 yr old kid came in - forced their way in to a starting job, and did more than enough to garner national notice for their production. Smaller pool? Only bc it is harder for a freshman to break a 2 deep as a starter.... an AA is an AA regardless of freshman or regular. You dont get to decide how much weight each position holds.

Sorry to stick to reality bud.

LS...I doubt he will get it, but from what I can see of this new debate, he is discounting OL freshmen AA because they come from a much smaller pool than say RB freshmean AA?...is that right?

What our friend Decker is disregarding is that ANY freshman playing OL, QB or even DL is such a rarity. What he is discounting is that those freshman that can gain enough min to get those honors are already in an elite group. Decker has this backwards. A freshman RB is not unique. A freshman QB or OL is astonishingly rare.
For Decker to say that the pool is too small to be meaning ful is sort of like comparing astronauts to truck drivers.There are many of one and few of the other. I maintain that to be the best of the few is very much more impressive than being the best of the many.

So has anyone put any money down yet?

Both sides seem very confident, so if the line is down to 3.5 then it should be a no-brainier on both sides to bet big? (Especially Texas if they are getting points & think they will win).

I waited & got in at 3.5 which was nice because with all the betting coming in at that low number Bovada is predicting it to go back up & finish somewhere near 6.5 - 7 (with homefield getting 3, predicting ND 10 points better).

So if you are betting Texas you should wait until it goes back up unless you already got in at -10 at the beginning. Then you're good.

So I just need ND to win by 4 & cash out.

Not as meaningful? A freshman AA implies that a 18 yr old kid came in - forced their way in to a starting job, and did more than enough to garner national notice for their production. Smaller pool? Only bc it is harder for a freshman to break a 2 deep as a starter.... an AA is an AA regardless of freshman or regular. You dont get to decide how much weight each position holds.

Sorry to stick to reality bud.

The issue here is Frosh All-Americans are NOT at all similar to actual All-Americans, especially at positions like the OL.

Evaluating how valuable each award is at each position is ABSOLUTELY part of the intelligent analysis process.

The smaller pool of Frosh to compete with along the OL is MASSIVELY impactful to the signings ce of the award.

That's reality

LS...I doubt he will get it, but from what I can see of this new debate, he is discounting OL freshmen AA because they come from a much smaller pool than say RB freshmean AA?...is that right?

What our friend Decker is disregarding is that ANY freshman playing OL, QB or even DL is such a rarity. What he is discounting is that those freshman that can gain enough min to get those honors are already in an elite group. Decker has this backwards. A freshman RB is not unique. A freshman QB or OL is astonishingly rare.
For Decker to say that the pool is too small to be meaning ful is sort of like comparing astronauts to truck drivers.There are many of one and few of the other. I maintain that to be the best of the few is very much more impressive than being the best of the many.

That's simply foolish, and disproven over and over again.

Being the bigest finish in a small pond is almost never as good as being the biggest finish in a large pond.

If you want proof....

Go look at the Frosh All-American list at OL and RB for the last 10 Years.

What percentage of the Frosh All-Americans at OL v. RB (or WR) eventually became 1st/2nd Team All-Americans?

****SPOILER ALERT****
The percentage is much higher at RB/WR than OL

So it's actually you that's missing the point

My bad Decker....I must have misunderstood what the discussion was about. I thought you were discussing which was the bigger accomplishment. Very clever of you to work in the big fish in a small pond analogy...nice!

As far as future accomplishments proving present results....sorta seems like saying who was the better college player using NFL stats.

Reactions: Scholz
That's simply foolish, and disproven over and over again.

Being the bigest finish in a small pond is almost never as good as being the biggest finish in a large pond.

If you want proof....

Go look at the Frosh All-American list at OL and RB for the last 10 Years.

What percentage of the Frosh All-Americans at OL v. RB (or WR) eventually became 1st/2nd Team All-Americans?

****SPOILER ALERT****
The percentage is much higher at RB/WR than OL

So it's actually you that's missing the point

SPOILER ALERT!!! You are a tool..... and nobody cares anymore.... you have been douche-speaking to us for awhile now... like i stated many threads ago, you started off OK, but now you are just annoying.... actually though you seem to be acting like a normal gomer....telling us how our team isnt as good as your team.. finding ways to make similar accomplishments look like nothing for us, but they are strengths for you.... ignoring continuity aspects to your own logic to spin a bad for Texas in to a good if it is happening to ND....

You just continue to live in your safe green and gold world..... however come game 1 - prepare to have your asses handed to you in a hurry.... might just be best to stop discussion till that point.... although I have a feeling that after Texas wins we dont see any of the domer fans over here anymore...

"Making an immediate impact is hard enough. Performing at an All-American level as a freshman shows the elite level of talent a college football player possesses."

Reactions: LonghornSoldier
You can't pump it up for your own team but downplay it for the other team.

Which is exactly what Texas fans in this thread are attempting
(Foolishly)

THIS came from you? Go choke yourself on a large bag on penis.THIS is all you and your retard buddy have been doing since you got here.....NOBODY fron Texas was trying to spin shit this wayuntillong after how you told us something on our side was no good and then came back a few posts later and explained how what was detrimental to uswas actually a strength for nd.... you keep moving the parameters all over the place just so you CAN act like a douche.....

the only foolish one around here are you and your buddy farly....you 2 idiots have been operating outside of reality for weeks to this point.... and then you went full retard when you suggest it is Texas fans trying to pump one and dump the other... even though I ****ING CALLED YOU OUT ON THIS CRAP LOOOONG AGO...... NOBODY started doing it for Texas until we noticed how you and yours were totally incapable of applying the same guidelines to each team... go back and read junior - i have been caling you and the other tard out for awhil eover this... and now you act like it was Texas fans to start with using the double standard crap you have been preaching since the day you got here.....

EVEY single post you make only further solidifies my belief that you are a troll- even a well disguised troll, but your colors came out and we can see you for the douchetard you truly are now....just leave now..... it will save you some face when Texas skullfuks your domers and you decide to never come back again... probably keep Texas fans from tracking you down afterwards to smash you with the retard diatribe crap you have been posting here.

The only foolish thing here is you acting like a dick after being called out for being a hypocrite, and then having the audacity to act like it is the other way...

SPOILER ALERT!!! You are a tool..... and nobody cares anymore.... you have been douche-speaking to us for awhile now... like i stated many threads ago, you started off OK, but now you are just annoying.... actually though you seem to be acting like a normal gomer....telling us how our team isnt as good as your team.. finding ways to make similar accomplishments look like nothing for us, but they are strengths for you.... ignoring continuity aspects to your own logic to spin a bad for Texas in to a good if it is happening to ND....

You just continue to live in your safe green and gold world..... however come game 1 - prepare to have your asses handed to you in a hurry.... might just be best to stop discussion till that point.... although I have a feeling that after Texas wins we dont see any of the domer fans over here anymore...

I think all your anger has confused you

In fact, I'm the one pointing our that you can't say "Frosh All-America LB #1 is going to be a SUPER-STUD for my team" while in the very next sentence saying "Frosh All-American LB #2 is a MAJOR WEAKNESS for your team"

That's an actual example of inconsistency, which I pointed out, and was using to discuss the status of the ND LB core and how the stack up against Texas

Not sure why it made you so mad???

Pointing out that the pool of True Frosh who play is INCREDIBLY VARIABLE by position (such at the OL having far fewer) isn't inconsistent at all

That's just a fact, and something that needs to be considered when analyzing a team as well

THIS came from you? Go choke yourself on a large bag on penis.THIS is all you and your retard buddy have been doing since you got here.....NOBODY fron Texas was trying to spin shit this wayuntillong after how you told us something on our side was no good and then came back a few posts later and explained how what was detrimental to uswas actually a strength for nd.... you keep moving the parameters all over the place just so you CAN act like a douche.....

the only foolish one around here are you and your buddy farly....you 2 idiots have been operating outside of reality for weeks to this point.... and then you went full retard when you suggest it is Texas fans trying to pump one and dump the other... even though I ****ING CALLED YOU OUT ON THIS CRAP LOOOONG AGO...... NOBODY started doing it for Texas until we noticed how you and yours were totally incapable of applying the same guidelines to each team... go back and read junior - i have been caling you and the other tard out for awhil eover this... and now you act like it was Texas fans to start with using the double standard crap you have been preaching since the day you got here.....

EVEY single post you make only further solidifies my belief that you are a troll- even a well disguised troll, but your colors came out and we can see you for the douchetard you truly are now....just leave now..... it will save you some face when Texas skullfuks your domers and you decide to never come back again... probably keep Texas fans from tracking you down afterwards to smash you with the retard diatribe crap you have been posting here.

The only foolish thing here is you acting like a dick after being called out for being a hypocrite, and then having the audacity to act like it is the other way...

Wow........got off the meds this morning?

I think I'll stay and continue CALMLY discussing actual football

You may want to try to do the same, since you're just embarrassing yourself and your fan base with this type of crap

Decker started out as a good poster. He said he wanted to discuss the game and for a while we all had a good discussion.For some reason he drifted away from legitimately discussing the teams to something else. Decker gradually slipped from having a good discussion to telling us how all our statements were bogus. In the end, I got the idea that he wanted to give us all the reasons why ND was going to not only win the game but would be great, and he was getting more and more upset that we were not agreeing with all his points.

Damn!...we all agreed that ND on paper should win this game. That wasnt good enough.I am from South Texas and I wont go titties up to anyone even though I only have a rock and they have a gun and a knife. That attitude has gotten my ass whipped on occasion, but I can limp away with my head held high.

I dont have a problem with farley and I like back and forth smack. Lets have a good game with no injuries on either side.

I think all your anger has confused you

In fact, I'm the one pointing our that you can't say "Frosh All-America LB #1 is going to be a SUPER-STUD for my team" while in the very next sentence saying "Frosh All-American LB #2 is a MAJOR WEAKNESS for your team"

That's an actual example of inconsistency, which I pointed out, and was using to discuss the status of the ND LB core and how the stack up against Texas

Not sure why it made you so mad???

Pointing out that the pool of True Frosh who play is INCREDIBLY VARIABLE by position (such at the OL having far fewer) isn't inconsistent at all

That's just a fact, and something that needs to be considered when analyzing a team as well

It made me mad bc that is not what you started off saying.... even other posters are calling you out for troll like behaviour..... YOU started the hypocrisy stuff, and it actually had nothing to do with the fresh AA stuff either.... had you tell us that our o-line would be trash without any real experience etc, when you have less coming back on the lines than we do, and we bring back freshman AA's...... which is where you started your value system of AA at variou slevels to force your point... you took negatives or unceratins for Texas - lack of depth/experience and turned them into good things for ND using stuff about how back ups got good reps, and they picked up what they needed to in off season etc etc etc... yet then you turn around and tell us that the lines we have are going to be suspect bc we dont bring back alot of talent/depth etc etc... JUST LIKE ND yet you felt it was easily overcomable and even a good thing for ND to be dealing with it.... then you went on about the defense, etc etc....

Yall lost more talent than we did from last year - but what we lost will doom us, and what yall lost doesnt matter bc your backups from last year will be starting.... NONE of that makes any sense....

Oh and btw - thought it was really cute the way you tried to bait me in to something stupid with your "calmly discuss football" post - it does show everyone that you are in fact trolling this board and being everything i said you were.

It seems while you were "calmly" discussing anything - in between backhand compliments, straight slights and absense of reality - everyone else saw you for what your colors truly are.... trollish... and the more you post and the more you say, the less anyone here cares what you have to say, and the less respect you have from anyone here.

JUst kick rocks junior... got PAGES of you acting like an idiot and doing what you are good at troll.... just leave before you catch a boot from the site... I can see it coming already..... lol

Oh and Texas still wins by 2 scores this year.... and when they do, you have my permission to cry like a baby before wandering in to traffic on IH-35. Have a nice day and may your catholic priests stop molesting little boys! Surprised it was Penn Sate and not ND that had Sandusky issues now that I think about it... but im sure yall have your own version in the works... ;)

Decker started out as a good poster. He said he wanted to discuss the game and for a while we all had a good discussion.For some reason he drifted away from legitimately discussing the teams to something else. Decker gradually slipped from having a good discussion to telling us how all our statements were bogus. In the end, I got the idea that he wanted to give us all the reasons why ND was going to not only win the game but would be great, and he was getting more and more upset that we were not agreeing with all his points.

Damn!...we all agreed that ND on paper should win this game. That wasnt good enough.I am from South Texas and I wont go titties up to anyone even though I only have a rock and they have a gun and a knife. That attitude has gotten my ass whipped on occasion, but I can limp away with my head held high.

I dont have a problem with farley and I like back and forth smack. Lets have a good game with no injuries on either side.

I haven't asked anyone to go titties up nor predict ND to win the game, at all.

I've asked Texas fans to cite areas where they see advantages, and defend those statements from fact-based scrutiny.

For example, I've pointed out facts like:
  1. ND doesn't need to replace all 3 starting LBs from 2015 (as claimed by some Texas fans)
  2. ND also has a Frosh All-American LB that will be starting in 2016
  3. ND does have retuning starters at DT, RB, DB, etc even though we lost 2015 starters at those same positions (due to previously injured starters returning)
  4. According to Rivals, ND has actually had the higher ranked (or better) recruiting class each of the last 4 years...so we shouldn't have some big talent deficient to Texas, even among our younger players
  5. Etc, etc, etc
Having a back and forth about what you see, what I see, and what interesting/concerning

Not sure how that kind of discussion is so upsetting...

It made me mad bc that is not what you started off saying.... even other posters are calling you out for troll like behaviour..... YOU started the hypocrisy stuff, and it actually had nothing to do with the fresh AA stuff either.... had you tell us that our o-line would be trash without any real experience etc, when you have less coming back on the lines than we do, and we bring back freshman AA's...... which is where you started your value system of AA at variou slevels to force your point... you took negatives or unceratins for Texas - lack of depth/experience and turned them into good things for ND using stuff about how back ups got good reps, and they picked up what they needed to in off season etc etc etc... yet then you turn around and tell us that the lines we have are going to be suspect bc we dont bring back alot of talent/depth etc etc... JUST LIKE ND yet you felt it was easily overcomable and even a good thing for ND to be dealing with it.... then you went on about the defense, etc etc....

Yall lost more talent than we did from last year - but what we lost will doom us, and what yall lost doesnt matter bc your backups from last year will be starting.... NONE of that makes any sense....

Oh and btw - thought it was really cute the way you tried to bait me in to something stupid with your "calmly discuss football" post - it does show everyone that you are in fact trolling this board and being everything i said you were.

It seems while you were "calmly" discussing anything - in between backhand compliments, straight slights and absense of reality - everyone else saw you for what your colors truly are.... trollish... and the more you post and the more you say, the less anyone here cares what you have to say, and the less respect you have from anyone here.

JUst kick rocks junior... got PAGES of you acting like an idiot and doing what you are good at troll.... just leave before you catch a boot from the site... I can see it coming already..... lol

Oh and Texas still wins by 2 scores this year.... and when they do, you have my permission to cry like a baby before wandering in to traffic on IH-35. Have a nice day and may your catholic priests stop molesting little boys! Surprised it was Penn Sate and not ND that had Sandusky issues now that I think about it... but im sure yall have your own version in the works... ;)

So let's take a look at the complaints you pointed out here:

1. Yes, ND lost more talent than Texas did after last season. However, we also started out with A LOT more talent. So pointing out that ND still has a talent edge in some places isn't at all unfair

2. Part of why I was pointing out that retuning Frosh AAs isn't the same at all positions, is what I was getting at with comparing our OLs. The fact that Texas has "Frosh AAs" on then OL doesn't change the the issues the OL has last year, nor does it in any way cancel out the fact that at least 1 True Frosh will just be walking into starting spots in the OL.
Those are fair things to discuss for OL projections.

3. I haven't done any "bait and switch". When Texas has positions that's are talented but unproven on the CFB field...I pointed that out. In some places, such as ND WR v. Texas DB, I pointed out that ND and Texas were looking at the same/similar situations.

No sure why this is causing you to throw such a temper tantrum.....but I'm I honestly embarrassed for you.

It's probably best to try and get yourself under control before responding, becuAse tight nth time now all your doing is trying to be an "internet tough guy" and have completely ceased any actual football discussion

Try to do better

You're having a back and forth with yourself. Are all Domers such insufferable fvcksticks?
Again on a Domers board you can enjoy your circle here...frankly you've lasted longer here than you should have given your passive/aggressive trolling

You're having a back and forth with yourself. Are all Domers such insufferable fvcksticks?
Again on a Domers board you can enjoy your circle here...frankly you've lasted longer here than you should have given your passive/aggressive trolling

I like that you think a football discussion is trolling

Says A LOT

Who is the freshman AA starting for ND? HS All-American?

Notre Dame returns 5 true starters on offense and 5 true starters on defense.

Talent over the last 2 classes is very similar. Charlies first 2 classes trump ND in composite rankings but it is minuscule. Last 2 classes Texas 11/ND 15 and Texas10/ND 13. The small class Texas took upon firing Mack finished 16th versus ND at 11th in 2014.

Why would you use one source when composite rankings exist?

Last edited:
Reactions: oldhorn2
Who is the freshman AA starting for ND? HS All-American?

Notre Dame returns 5 true starters on offense and 5 true starters on defense.

You know what Spur....I would like to know that myself.....and for that matter....I would like to know how many "starters" Decker thinks ND had last year. The math doesnt add up.

Reactions: Scholz
You know what Spur....I would like to know that myself.....and for that matter....I would like to know how many "starters" Decker thinks ND had last year. The math doesnt add up.
No clue, they returned 19 starters on offense and defense in 2015. I think he likes to count Special Teams. I only look at Offense and Defense. Now, when it comes to Special Teams, they do return a freshman AA kicker. ;-)

http://ndsmcobserver.com/2016/04/notre-dame-football-new-starters/

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...-experience-lsu-ohio-state-tennessee-stanford

Last edited:
Texas only lost 1 linebacker from the 2 deep from 2015 and it's fair to say that unit will be stout. With people pointing out the front 4 as a weak point, I agree and disagree all in the same text. They have the depth depending on scheme... As for the Secondary:

"As good as the linebackers are, Texas' secondary might have a claim to the best position group on the defense.

The strength of this unit absolutely lies at the cornerback position. True sophomores Holton Hill and Davante Davis are shutdown corners in the making that have the physical ability to play with any receiver in the country. Hill's especially worth watching, as teams avoided him like the plague at times during his freshman season.

Tweeted Ryan Autullo of Hookem.com during the Longhorns game against Oklahoma on Oct. 10: "Whichever WR Holton Hill is covering hasn't gotten open all day. The freshman corner is having a great game."

The best battle here will be at the nickel position, which has produced stars like Quandre Diggs, Earl Thomas and Aaron Williams. Kris Boyd, P.J. Locke and John Bonney will compete for the role in a battle that should last into fall camp. Boyd's size, fluid hips and overall athleticism should give him the edge over Locke's football IQ.

Safety will also feature some of the competition of the offseason, as neither Dylan Haines nor Jason Hall played particularly well in 2015. DeShon Elliott's combination of size, speed and violence demands that he see the field over one of these two. Since Haines is a senior, Hall probably finds himself on the bench to begin the year.

Locke should also factor into the battle at safety, and a commitment from Brandon Jones will further muddy the depth chart. Should that happen, Elliott could easily be starting next to a freshman."

This was written well enough for me to use as reference material to previously stated facts.

I oughta thank Decker...he turned me from thinking we could win this game to full blown:

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT