ADVERTISEMENT

Way to early bama prediction

We don't have the depth yet to hang with Bama for 4 quarters. If we can be competitive in the 1st half that would be a good sign. Sark is recruiting well at the moment and the depth will come as long as we don't get crazy and fire him after two years. That would undo whatever gains he made.

Here's the deal, I've read all the scouting reports, talked to all the coaches. Texas has alot of talent at the skill positions. That offensive line? Not sure yet? That question will be answered within the first drive or 2 against Bama. Bama will obviously want to try to shut down the run and then come after Ewers with blitzes etc. mixing up their coverages between zone and man. The first series or 2 both teams will be smelling each others buttholes. Ewers needs to make it well known early and often he's not in to that. If Anderson comes in for a sniff, he's needs to fart in his face and run like hell and throw it deep for one of your fast receivers. If Texas can get Bama on their heels by going over the top, you could pull the upset but I am concerned about Ewers scrambling ability? Here's a little primer on Saban D.
https://weeklyspiral.com/2022/02/17/nick-sabans-cover-7-defense-explained/

Last edited:
Reactions: westx
This game doesn't effect Sark's job security. We could lose this game by 35 points and still go onto to play for a conference championship. Bama is a well oiled machine. If we can hang with them then it says a lot about where we are headed as a team.
I said, if we get blown out and don't make the b12 championship game, then he is in trouble.

Reactions: Hoookem722
I said, if we get blown out and don't make the b12 championship game, then he is in trouble.
I think starting Ewers this year makes 8 wins acceptable. 8 wins and then a bowl win to get to 9 wins for the season is a positive with all the youth we have this season. I think that’s a realistic goal. If the defense is as good as they looked last Saturday then 9-10 wins and a conference championship is definitely attainable. I just don’t see it though with all the inexperience we have on the roster.

Next season should be really good though.

I have been wondering about this “what if”:
What if Sarks does well akin to Matt Rhule? Would he bolt for the pros? How soon would this be? As soon as this year or next?

Reactions: 2300 Nueces
I have been wondering about this “what if”:
What if Sarks does well akin to Matt Rhule? Would he bolt for the pros? How soon would this be? As soon as this year or next?
Ya, who cares. After last year, I think there will be some questions if substantial progress is not shown.

We need to show up for this game.

Last edited:
49 Bama 31 Texas. With a couple late scores to make it seem close. Unless Saban wants to prove a point, which I doubt.

I'm going to say that I like Sark's body language during the presser this week. Not saying we win, but I feel like he knows we will go out there and give them a game.
He also knows he’s playing with house money this week. He knows no one expects Texas to win. He also knows as he said this game has virtually no impact on the teams goals for the season. So. If they make it a game the world is impressed, if they somehow win, that’s great for the program, and if they get blown out that’s what everyone expected. It’s a can’t lose situation really

Playing Bama now is actually not as hard on your team as it was in days before Kiffin got there. They would have the ball for 45 minutes and run it 70% of the time, which beat the shit out of your defense. You'd have 4 or 5 defenders banged up after the game and screw your defense up the next couple weeks. Now they mainly score fast by out running you. It is just as effective but the only thing hurt is your feelings this way.

These were some pretty creative packages Sark had in that ULM game with bringing an extra OL on the field. I expect to see these again this week against Bama to help with those great pass rushers they have.

Reactions: 2300 Nueces
I like the Horns over Bama, I have been saying this for a while,
I think Texas wins the BIG XII. They are much better than people think.

Here's the deal, I've read all the scouting reports, talked to all the coaches. Texas has alot of talent at the skill positions. That offensive line? Not sure yet? That question will be answered within the first drive or 2 against Bama. Bama will obviously want to try to shut down the run and then come after Ewers with blitzes etc. mixing up their coverages between zone and man. The first series or 2 both teams will be smelling each others buttholes. Ewers needs to make it well known early and often he's not in to that. If Anderson comes in for a sniff, he's needs to fart in his face and run like hell and throw it deep for one of your fast receivers. If Texas can get Bama on their heels by going over the top, you could pull the upset but I am concerned about Ewers scrambling ability? Here's a little primer on Saban D.
https://weeklyspiral.com/2022/02/17/nick-sabans-cover-7-defense-explained/

Reading this reminded me of that scene in TAG where the dude just kept on with the gay innuendo. You had me cracking up here Bell.

Playing Bama now is actually not as hard on your team as it was in days before Kiffin got there. They would have the ball for 45 minutes and run it 70% of the time, which beat the shit out of your defense. You'd have 4 or 5 defenders banged up after the game and screw your defense up the next couple weeks. Now they mainly score fast by out running you. It is just as effective but the only thing hurt is your feelings this way.
Aggies and Sooners should really be rooting for Texas in this game. If you want a shot at making the playoffs the more losses on Bama's record the better, same for Georgia.

Reactions: Belldozer1
Aggies and Sooners should really be rooting for Texas in this game. If you want a shot at making the playoffs the more losses on Bama's record the better, same for Georgia.
The only time I'll pull for Horn obviously. 😁

56-13 Bama
Dewey, long time no see. Are you doing well? Still on the meds, I see.

I don't believe in karma but I would like to see Texas knock out Bryce Young. I'd even be good with a solid targeting hit to take him out. It's the least we could do after the 2009 NT game and the cheap shot on Colt.

Last edited:
UT leads in the 4th and pulls out a close one.

This legend appears from out of the mist, amongst the crowd and is caught on camera.

utpimp.jpg

I can tell you 3 of the 4 teams in the playoffs right now. Georgia, Bama & Ohio State. No way that let in 3 SEC teams. I would not be shocked if Michigan was the 4th and we just went mega conference early.

I can tell you 3 of the 4 teams in the playoffs right now. Georgia, Bama & Ohio State. No way that let in 3 SEC teams. I would not be shocked if Michigan was the 4th and we just went mega conference early.

No conference should have three teams in the playoff. Two is pushing it.

No conference should have three teams in the playoff. Two is pushing it.
I agree in a 4 team playoff, 2 should be the max. Once it goes to 12, it should be the best teams. No more letting teams in who have zero chance. Looking at you Oklahoma, and Notre Dame obviously.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT