ADVERTISEMENT

We finally have details on Baylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwilk55

Jan 24, 2016
3 Baylor regents, in response to the libel lawsuit against them and the continued support of "scapegoat" Briles, have released a legal filing that finally gives some of the details and evidence of the cover up job Briles and Co were involved in. I'd like to get my hands on the document but for now, this ESPN article outlines things pretty well.

It clearly shows Briles involvement. It does not identify any other coaches or staff that were involved.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...tants-buried-player-misbehavior-documents-say

3 Baylor regents, in response to the libel lawsuit against them and the continued support of "scapegoat" Briles, have released a legal filing that finally gives some of the details and evidence of the cover up job Briles and Co were involved in. I'd like to get my hands on the document but for now, this ESPN article outlines things pretty well.

It clearly shows Briles involvement. It does not identify any other coaches or staff that were involved.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...tants-buried-player-misbehavior-documents-say

Not surprised it was only a matter of time before we knew the extent of Briles' involvement. And eventually we'll know which assistant coaches were involved and what they did. With the exception of secondary coach Cris Dishman, who only came aboard after all the crimes were committed, their careers are over. Matt Ruhle was smart to dismiss everyone associated with the fb program at Baylor.

Reactions: jsto60
We'll still get some apologist on here.

The response says Barnes showed Briles the names of the players, and he replied, "Those are some bad dudes. Why was she around those guys?" The response says Briles "offered no defense of his players and told the coach he should have his student-athlete inform the police and prosecute." McCaw allegedly told the coach that if his player didn't press charges, there wasn't anything the athletic department could do.

$ucking pathetic!

Last edited:
The response says Barnes showed Briles the names of the players, and he replied, "Those are some bad dudes. Why was she around those guys?"

This. This just says it all. Disgusting.

I'd frame this a little differently.

BU is defending itself against libel, and specifically libel against fired football director of operations Colin Shillinglaw. BU is producing emails and text messages from various parties, including the coaches, staff and AD. And many of those items are damning.

So, one (former) staff member who is implicated by name is Colin Shillinglaw. So are Briles and AD Ian McCaw.

Apparently, though, the Baylor Board of Regents decided to protect the assistants who helped Briles do this garbage. They wanted to let the rest of the snake live on, and continue the flow of money due to football success.

So they implicated the assistant coaches in this, but never by name. The Baylor regents allege that Briles' assistants and staff created a "black hole" to prevent discipline of football players for drug use, physical assault, domestic violence, threatening with guns, indecent exposure, and academic cheating.

The net results of making this information public are:
* Briles' defamation lawsuit is over. (He's already withdrawn it.)
* His halo has been recalled. No FBS program can hire Briles now. He can't speak at churches.
* Much harder to hire a Briles' assistant.
* The ice under Kendal Briles at FAU and Phil Bennett at ASU just got thinner. They'd better be on good behavior, and ditto for those programs when it comes to discipline, Title IX, etc.
* The vocal defenders of Briles will either have to shut up, or double down. (Since we all know that solid facts don't convince many people.)

Question: Was Casey Horny, now with Tom Herman at Texas, at all involved? That question is going to lurk, not just for us, but for FAU, ASU and any other program with a former associate of Art Briles.

Briles has always been scum. If people are still defending that devil, then it says a lot about them, too.

This one is the best. I do wondner if anything will come of it. We had proof of cheating by ole miss athletic department when the tunsil texts were leaked and he admitted to taking money. Nothing happened.

z7lwnqbqyi5vib7wtmhp.jpg

So I was reading about this last night when I saw the story break on Twitter. And when I was reading, I thought there is absolutely no way that this information is correct. But then I saw that other news outlets and major news outlets were picking it up and thought holy cow this worse than originally thought. Again, IF this is true (and it looks like it is) then Baylor could absolutely lose its a$$ if, when these ladies decide to come forward and proceed with formal charges. If a reporter can get information like this, just think what a pissed off attorney can find. I hope that Briles never gets anywhere close to a position that is in charge of young men, I hope that every assistant coach who was associated with this never coaches another down when their names are actually given. I also hope that Matt Rhule was given all of this information when he signed on to be the guy at Baylor, because the texts messages and emails sound exactly like lack of institutional control. Shut them down.

At this point, I agree. Horny is not worth the negative press and Herman is taking it on the chin for an old friend to be on his staff one step above a GA. The guy is a $65,000 a year QC that studies film. I have some mutual friends that were all over him for supporting Briles and none of them believe he has done anything negative. I can understand why Herman is trying to help his buddy out, but the neg is going to outweigh anything he can do for this staff regardless of alignment and trust.

I'll defend my Baylor Bears to the end, but as far as I'm concerned ---- clean that f*cking toilet!!!!!!! My whole beef was that there was no way only #CAB knew all of this - that coaching staff is small, and if he knew, then they all knew (or at least most). Or the BOR was protecting its own butt and making Briles the scapegoat. Now, it looks like Briles is not the scapegoat ... and the whole freaking staff was in on it ... AND THE BOR STILL THOUGHT THE BEST COURSE OF ACTION WAS TO RETAIN EVERYONE!!!!!

Reactions: HornsRuleU
I'll defend my Baylor Bears to the end, but as far as I'm concerned ---- clean that f*cking toilet!!!!!!! My whole beef was that there was no way only #CAB knew all of this - that coaching staff is small, and if he knew, then they all knew (or at least most). Or the BOR was protecting its own butt and making Briles the scapegoat. Now, it looks like Briles is not the scapegoat ... and the whole freaking staff was in on it ... AND THE BOR STILL THOUGHT THE BEST COURSE OF ACTION WAS TO RETAIN EVERYONE!!!!!

What do you think about Herman, hiring Horny? Myself, I think the hook up for his boy, is a stupid move.

What do you think about Herman, hiring Horny? Myself, I think the hook up for his boy, is a stupid move.
I wouldn't touch him or anyone on that staff with a 10' pole. He may be absolutely clean, but that coaching fraternity is a tight knit group. We are now seeing that several knew what was going on. I just don't see how you could NOT know what was going on. Guilt by association - may not be fair, but I have a hard time believing that he has some special skill set that outweighs the baggage.

This is why I respect you. I have talked to a lot of Baylor folks who are so blinded by the success that they can't even fathom that something like this could have happened. I think everyone who has any sort of responsibility in that university should be fired and never allowed to work in that field ever again.

Reactions: big_nasties_01
This is why I respect you. I have talked to a lot of Baylor folks who are so blinded by the success that they can't even fathom that something like this could have happened. I think everyone who has any sort of responsibility in that university should be fired and never allowed to work in that field ever again.
I still can't believe it. And I hate to open this can of worms, but - if these are "bad dudes" - are you telling me they were never paid? A "bad dude" capable of rape probably doesn't want to play for free.

Reactions: ASURAM2010
Not surprised it was only a matter of time before we knew the extent of Briles' involvement. And eventually we'll know which assistant coaches were involved and what they did. With the exception of secondary coach Cris Dishman, who only came aboard after all the crimes were committed, their careers are over. Matt Ruhle was smart to dismiss everyone associated with the fb program at Baylor.

Sometimes you just got to drain the swamp, similar to what Trump has had to do to anyone associated with the previous slimy dishonest admin. Wouldn't you agree?

I wouldn't touch him or anyone on that staff with a 10' pole. He may be absolutely clean, but that coaching fraternity is a tight knit group. We are now seeing that several knew what was going on. I just don't see how you could NOT know what was going on. Guilt by association - may not be fair, but I have a hard time believing that he has some special skill set that outweighs the baggage.

I agree with all the above. And I think it has and will, turn some parents off. It also makes me question a few things about Tom Herman. I already believe, that he isn't very genuine. He's putting him and his boys affair, over that of Texas. Horny doesn't bring anything special to the table. Even if he did, I just don't get it.

Question: Was Casey Horny, now with Tom Herman at Texas, at all involved? That question is going to lurk, not just for us, but for FAU, ASU and any other program with a former associate of Art Briles.

Herman addressed this specifically during his post signing day press conference twice:

Basically, Casey was extensively vetted prior to being hired by Herman, Perrin and several other staff members. This included a letter from Mack Rhodes (AD at Baylor) that stated Casey had been cleared of any and all involvement with the situation at Baylor. This would have included all the information that was discovered by the Pepper Hamilton Report (which is what now how been released in more detail). Pepper Hamilton did not even interview Casey.

That said, I'm not sure it is worth the baggage to bring him onto the staff.

Sometimes you just got to drain the swamp, similar to what Trump has had to do to anyone associated with the previous slimy dishonest admin. Wouldn't you agree?

The Trump white supremacist admin, is the complete opposite of the previous admin. So it's the complete opposite, of the Baylor situation. As a matter of fact, that trash you call trump, grabs (without consent) more p**** than the Baylor football team

Last edited:
If a reporter can get information like this, just think what a pissed off attorney can find.

My understanding is that this information, which comes from a legal filing, includes details of the information uncovered in the Pepper Hamilton Report. The interesting thing though, the article mentions a quote from the regents who released this, that basically says Pepper Hamilton stopped digging because he had enough information. There could be even more of these types of conversations out there.

I still can't believe it. And I hate to open this can of worms, but - if these are "bad dudes" - are you telling me they were never paid? A "bad dude" capable of rape probably doesn't want to play for free.

Diadevic, you're a good poster and seem like a good guy and as a fan there's really not much you can do about the situation but have you considered hiring some of those UC Berkeley stooges to stage a protest or something? I am optimisticly waiting for the day that one of these fake protests gets unlawful and out of hand like the one at Berkeley did and Trump orders law enforcement or the Feds to ride in a whoppin and poppin, restoring law and order.

The Trump white supremacist admin, is the complete opposite of the previous admin. So it's the complete opposite, of the Baylor situation. As a matter of fact, that trash you call trump, grabs more p**** than the Baylor football team.
Oh, hi Scholz, nice to have you back. Or have I uncovered BLH re-incarnated?

Last edited:
Gee Baylor, thats a nice new stadium you got there. Built on the backs your raped female students. I hope it was worth it.

I have a problem with this. I have to agree that all coaches should never work again and even face criminal charges.....However....what I do not understand is why someone that is raped or assaulted would ever fool around with the coaches in the first place. Why would they not instead go to the police and report a rape? It should have been the DA going to the coaches after they picked up the suspects. Why should a victim ever have to talk with anyone in the athletic department?

Reactions: ASURAM2010
One thing not being brought up. As this included the AD, Baylor cops, and Waco PD, is there anyone with a sane mind that thinks this is only the football program? No way in hell the BBall program is clean. I'll be surprised if there are not more sports with cover ups. Once you get the city cops on your side, the players feel they can rape and pillage with impunity. It's disgusting.

One thing not being brought up. As this included the AD, Baylor cops, and Waco PD, is there anyone with a sane mind that thinks this is only the football program? No way in hell the BBall program is clean. I'll be surprised if there are not more sports with cover ups. Once you get the city cops on your side, the players feel they can rape and pillage with impunity. It's disgusting.
Evidence? Of course not!

2 things--

1. Ive tried to not condemn baylor too harshly until ALL the facts were presented-- welp, i've reached my fact threshold. Burn that place down. Period.
2. @Belldozer1 is going to catch the ban hammer from MM if he doesnt quit trolling the libs.

That is all.

Reactions: Bwilk55
Evidence? Of course not!
I said is there anyone with a sane ming that thinks... I did not say there was evidence. I will say when you have no accountability, then you will generally see people make very bad decisions. I've raised 4 kids, and one thing I fought the most was the lack of accountability of their friends parents and how this would impact my own kids behavior. I'm just saying logic tells you if the football team thought there was no accountability for their actions, do you really think the BBall team is far behind? I don't think we've heard the end of this. What Baylor BOR has shown is they release just enough to cover their own asses and no more. Time will tell.

Reactions: oldhorn2
That's possible, but what we do know is that at least one player -- DL Tevin Elliott -- was caught plagiarizing -- twice -- and cheating on quizzes. Normally, he would have been suspended, but HC Art Briles and Pres. Ken Starr made it go away. Elliott got the message: "At Baylor, the rules don't apply to me." A year after this went down, Elliott raped a woman. Two weeks later, he raped another.

I'm sure his teammates got the message, too. "Hey, we can cheat! No problem!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT