ADVERTISEMENT

We Will Be OK!

FlourBluffHorn

Jan 5, 2007
Tough losses are hard for me after 60 yrs of watching the Horns, seems like yesterday we had aall the Hosses running hot! and it seems like I was just watching Mantle and Whitey and Pepitone and Yogi playing ball, and Jack Lambert kicking the shit outa someone and Night Train Lane and Johnny Unitas throwing the ball, you will find out when ya get where I am in age, understanding the new sports is a real task, you can't kick the shit outa someone after the whistle and you can't spike the 3rd basemen on the slide, no more Larry Bird , time has really F'd sports up to what way they used to be played
I'll always be a horn fan thru all weather or whatever, so if ya get short with me sometimes remember I've seen it all pretty much, but cutting off the kickoff returns is the stupidest shit I have ever seen..

Go! Horns!

Hook'em

FB, you seem to live too much in the past. Those days are gone and aren't coming back. Look forward, sir. :D

Fires, Earthquakes, Tornado's, Hurricanes, Floods, Wars, Famine, that's just the short list, but, Time is your biggest enemy...enjoy yourself with ya family and do what ya want, cause just like those days, you ain't coming back either, Family is everything, the rest is shit!

Hook'em

Hook'em

Last edited:
Night Train Lane was notorious for tackling around the head. I mean he'd wrap his arms around the helmet and throw them down. Damn
Hey I’m with you OP, things like sports always seemed better in our memories and maybe they were. I was a big Yankees fan back in the old days too. Saw them play the A’s in that dump of a stadium in KC and I can stillhear some drunk behind us yelling “Pepitone is a bum!” the entire game. Saw Mick (my hero) hit one out too.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
ADVERTISEMENT