ADVERTISEMENT

Well someone has to bring it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Austin Westlake high school now has 2 separate Super Bowl MVPs with Drew Brees and Nick Foles. Offhand, I think Newman HS in NOLA is the only other one with both Peyton and Eli Manning as Super Bowl MVPs.

Lincoln HS in San Diego also with Marcus Allen and Terrell Davis.

And Brady getting savaged on twitter for letting Giselle dress him is all the lolz.

SB LII is that 52 in Roman Numerals ☺?

I can only name two players on both teams and that's the qb's. The Eagles have played well without their starter. So my uninformed pick is

drumroll and a deep sigh of suspense

Philly 31
NE 28

I haven't watched a game since they DID NOT throw Kaepernic off the field and I did not watch yesterday. The NFL can kiss my Kaepernik
Not to get in a heated debate here, but come on. Look you can disagree with whst he did. That’s fine(I personally don’t care one way or another), but what exactly do you want him “thrown off the field” for? He did not violate a current NFL rule nor did he violate the law. Add to that the fact no one signed him isn’t that equivalent to “throwing him off the field”? Yeah there was no pubic metaphorical hanging maybe that’s whst you wanted I don’t know. You may of not watched the NFL this year, but be honest it wasn’t due to kappernick because the nfl did basically exactly whst you asked for. He’s basicalky been banned.

That HS is 3-0 in Super Bowls if you throw in Justin Tucker.

Man Austin is starting to be qb u in.Texas. Everyone knows about the talent in the greater Houston and Dallas, but the greater Austin area has become a hot bed for talent. Or maybe I'm just finally noticing.

Look, Kap tried to take a position on an issue that he felt needed to be brought into light. Statistically, his argument was flawed. I'm not saying there shouldn't be awareness to the issue, but from a statistics standpoint, there are greater issues facing the black community.

The second mistake he made was using his WORK platform to convey that message. Your work place is named "work place" for that very reason---- it's the place you do your WORK. The 9ers and the NFL don't pay him to do social activism during games.

When he was called out for said work place violations, instead of redirecting his efforts to off the field activities, he doubled down and threw mud in the eye of fans and police by coming to work wearing clothing not sanctioned by his work place---- in the form of socks with pigs dressed like police. This is where he crossed the line.

The NFL can fine you for not having your jersey tucked in, for not having your socks pulled up, for not wearing proper pads, for wearing eye black with messages on it........ hell, I remember in the late 80s, Roger Craig and Tom rathman had to get NFL permission to wear the huskers helmet emblem on the front of their helmet during the superbowl.

Going out onto the field wearing pig/cops socks was his death blow. You want to wear those around town? Knock yourself out. You want to bring a serious spotlight to the issue you want to expose? Call Roger Goodell, schedule a meeting and have a presser afterwards. In the NFL, as a player, there's no such thing as "ready, fire, aim". There is a system that you must go through in order to achieve your goals.
Kap didn't follow that system or the rules of it. It's cost him his career. And however you may feel about him, his issue was smeared and his message was smeared because of the way HE presented it.

When you are a high profile athlete of mixed race, you have an opportunity to be the bridge between two racial communities. He grew up in an upper middle class white family, yet he's half black. Instead of using his white priveledge to appeal to white NFL viewers and get them to pay attention to his cause, he sought only to appeal to black NFL viewers and basically told white people "ya'll don't get it because you're rich and white" all the while, he grew up rich and half white.

Opportunity wasted.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Clob. The whole argument that he used his place of work and that was the problem has always been flawed to me.

1. His place of work had no(and still doesn’t) have any rules against what he did. Now if your place of work has some kind of rule about you protesting or whatever then you’d have a point. His did not.

2. Pro athletes use their “work” to bring awareness to issues all the time. Most of the time they are applauded for it(and rightfully so). You can’t have it both ways. I’m not sure we or the nfl want to get in to the idea of accepting causes we deem worthy and effective long backlisting guys for causes we don’t like. Seems like a slippery slope for me.

Guys, the Kaepernick and players taking a knee nonsense has been beaten to death here. Let's please move on from that subject.

His place of work did not have rules against kneeling. You are correct there. However, his employer does have a regimented dress code. And by wearing the pig cop socks, he violated that. At that point, it was easy to lump the kneeling in with the pig socks, shake it over some ice and viola!

Again, the NFL is a brand. The brand must protect itself on the field. Kapernick would have no platform but for that brand. Misusing the platform that brand provided you is bad form.

Clob. The whole argument that he used his place of work and that was the problem has always been flawed to me.

1. His place of work had no(and still doesn’t) have any rules against what he did. Now if your place of work has some kind of rule about you protesting or whatever then you’d have a point. His did not.

2. Pro athletes use their “work” to bring awareness to issues all the time. Most of the time they are applauded for it(and rightfully so). You can’t have it both ways. I’m not sure we or the nfl want to get in to the idea of accepting causes we deem worthy and effective long backlisting guys for causes we don’t like. Seems like a slippery slope for me.

His place of work did not have rules against kneeling. You are correct there. However, his employer does have a regimented dress code. And by wearing the pig cop socks, he violated that. At that point, it was easy to lump the kneeling in with the pig socks, shake it over some ice and viola!

Again, the NFL is a brand. The brand must protect itself on the field. Kapernick would have no platform but for that brand. Misusing the platform that brand provided you is bad form.
Who is to say what cause is misuse of the brand and whst isn’t? See that’s the part I think is a slippery slope. I have a theory on Trump getting involved to, but I’ll shsre with you on another platform.

Idk if anyone noticed but the eagles pulled a baker Mayfield play that they ran on Georgia
I don't know if anyone else noticed but Mel Kiper has baker Mayfield going in the top 10............ and @LonghornMM told me I was crazy to draft him #1 by cleveland and turn the draft upside down and auction off that #4 in the chaos.

I don't know if anyone else noticed but Mel Kiper has baker Mayfield going in the top 10............ and @LonghornMM told me I was crazy to draft him #1 by cleveland and turn the draft upside down and auction off that #4 in the chaos.

This will be good. It'll be fun to watch Mayfield circle the drain in the NFL. =)roll

Not to get in a heated debate here, but come on. Look you can disagree with whst he did. That’s fine(I personally don’t care one way or another), but what exactly do you want him “thrown off the field” for? He did not violate a current NFL rule nor did he violate the law. Add to that the fact no one signed him isn’t that equivalent to “throwing him off the field”? Yeah there was no pubic metaphorical hanging maybe that’s whst you wanted I don’t know. You may of not watched the NFL this year, but be honest it wasn’t due to kappernick because the nfl did basically exactly whst you asked for. He’s basicalky been banned.

The Armed Forces tried to buy a commerical for the Super Bowl. They were turned down. Quickly.

They were not fast enough to suit me. Many others took a knee.

I feel no heat, but my respects are for those who have defended the Flag and all it stands for - for over 242 years so millionaires could "play" in safety.

Only GOD knows where some of our defenders are, friend. But HE will gather them all some day. From the sea and the earth.

For a modern recent example, 19 MARINE Raiders finally made it home in the '90s from Makin Island due to one old Island man who helped bury them when he was a Teenager.

As the USMC Dress Blue Detail loaded them onto the plane, the old man sang "From the halls of Montezuma...to the shores of Tripoli...
We fight our country's battles...on the land and on the sea..."

That was how he was taught our Hymn...No mention of the sky had been added to it in 1942.
Guys like Joe Foss and Pappy Boyington were still in the future.

Carson's Raiders knew they would be delivered by Submarine, so when they were on a run, they made the sound of the Diving Alarm "Ahhhhh-UUUU- Gaaaaah!"

In 1963, I was Platoon Chant. I made Platoon 119 answer me back with the sound "ERRRRRR-Raaaaggggggh!" I didn't think us Parris Island MARINE Boots should be allowed to talk MARINE RAIDER. Staff Sergeant R.P. Haskell, USMC did not correct me.

This RAIDER sound finally morfed into today's "UUU Raaahhh"...the USMC's equivolent of the Army's "Huuuu Aaaaagh." They just mean We are together.

What has spoiled millionaires playing a child's game football (rather well) in the safety they were provided have to compete or to compare with that?

NO heat, sir. Just one fake MARINE's opinion who never saw The Elephant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT