ADVERTISEMENT

Well what if he says no? Somebody to consider

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd take a PR hit on Briles to start with for sure, but he can dang sure coach. I just think UT is too scared of the PR mess that comes with it. I think someone takes him soon because he will put trophies in the case.
I think the BOR there cleared him, right? Of course I feel he had to know.
Every head coach knows or has a damn good idea. They have several layers of protection and indemnity built in to each program for the HC.

Stoops knew how to do it. He was able to act like a choirboy and still play Mixon and Westbrook, and recruit the TE from Mizzou. Baylor, meanwhile, threw Briles under the bus, then paid him millions, then after destroying (and paying) him, stated:

“In particular, at this time we are unaware of any situation where you personally had contact with anyone who directly reported to you being the victim of sexual assault or that you directly discouraged the victim of an alleged sexual assault from reporting to law enforcement or University officials. Nor are we aware of any situation where you played a student athlete who had been found responsible for sexual assault."

This certainly puts him a level above Jimbo Fisher. Free Art Briles and hire him!

If Biden is given the presidency and Yellen gets confirmed, how much inflation do you expect over the next 2-5 years? Perhaps the deal we strike now with UM or whoever won't seem like a lot 5 years down the road if the inflation occurs as some experts predict.

If the dems get the senate then AOC will be running the country. At this point, it doesn't matter. There has been so much destruction done to small businesses that employment will never recover without a complete default on US debt. The lower skilled worker is going to suffer greatly because inflation will occur in the things that matter... food, gas, electricity, commodities in general. UBI is their answer. It's late stage theatrics in the collapse. Anyway, the worst issues will come from the right which will ignore the dictates of the left that violate constitutional rights. I think our current form of government may collapse by 2024 and then the currency. We will see. Football won't matter.

Oil markets pre date the DJIA by 10 years. They have a correlation with the amount of credit available in the future(think surging bond yields). Oil markets crashed in 2014 and have not recovered. This details a dark economic period after 2024. I'm not Kreskin but I used this indicator in 2018 to signal the correction that happened then. I believe the current theatre is occurring to prepare for the upcoming demographic catastrophe in retirement and social security by expanding the currency reserves held by banks. The 2024 crash will probably be the beginning of the end for fiat currency. Don't hold secured debt. Put yourself in a position to pay off unsecured debt with inflated dollars by owning a business that can quickly adjust to inflation. If not allowed by the banks, then default on it. I could go on but this is a sports board.

Last edited:
Listen this is what Art Briles would bring to the table. Offense and uniform combinations. That's it. That's all he cared about. His recruiting was good but not elite. Defense and special teams was what somebody else did. On defense he had a lousy coaching staff. He let Phil Bennett hire his cronies and the results spoke for themselves. Because PB played a lot of on field thugs ( Dixon, Morton, and Oakman) they got called for a lot of penalties. Defense, special teams, and penalties, costed Baylor to lose the 2 biggest games in Briles career. They lost a 20 point 4thq lead in the 2015 CB because of it. And did you ever notice all the bb scores his team had? And he'll never get away wearing those uniforms Baylor wore at TX. Not at all. Just because he's at TX doesn't mean he'll recruit better.
Imho

Leave it to 2300 Nueces to hijack yet another thread into another one of his political editorials.

Leave it to 2300 Nueces to hijack yet another thread into another one of his political editorials.
I did ask(not Nueces' fault). It relates to Texas sports in that paying a high salary like $10 million/yr may not be too bad due to the expected inflation. I made my post in jest, but also with a touch of reality. Btw, I expect inflation no matter who is in office.

The uniform thing is to grab recruits attention to schools that are trying to turn it around. No one would ever come in and try to change the Texas uniforms..........
Baylor and Oregon did it to show they are flashy. Grab attention. It worked to an extent. But the major programs rarely ever make those kind of changes.......

Reactions: diadevic
I did ask(not Nueces' fault). It relates to Texas sports in that paying a high salary like $10 million/yr may not be too bad due to the expected inflation. I made my post in jest, but also with a touch of reality. Btw, I expect inflation no matter who is in office.
Exactly, there is no other option except default.

If you are able do these:
1. Garden. Fruits and Vegetables will go parabolic in price.
2. Only drive the vehicle you need. Fuel prices will be high due to reduced production capacity.
3. Be able to defend yourself. Move out of densely populated cities.
4. Have a great weekend. Don't drink/smoke pot and drive. ;)

Reactions: westx
Exactly, there is no other option except default.

If you are able do these:
1. Garden. Fruits and Vegetables will go parabolic in price.
2. Only drive the vehicle you need. Fuel prices will be high due to reduced production capacity.
3. Be able to defend yourself. Move out of densely populated cities.
4. Have a great weekend. Don't drink/smoke pot and drive. ;)

You left out....
5. Steal cable

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT