ADVERTISEMENT

who returns who goes pro

and again..HES 20 AND A SOPHOMORE LOL.... Unless you want to get a portal QB your answer is NOT to start a freshamn (RS) first year in the SEC. You pray Quinn comes back..you WANT him on that field , you NEED him on that field.
I don’t NEED anything. My life doesn’t revolve around it lol. I’m just saying his mechanics were still shit this year, you can argue with it all you want but it’s the truth. He flicks the ball with his wrist like Aaron Rodgers without the velocity

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Then why give up on him now? A 20 year old. a Kid who has only gotten better and has shown more and more progress. Imagine him next year? I guarantee this offseason he will be with some pro coaches learning more and more. Him and Manning are supposedly roommates and great friends.
Hopefully so because he needs to get it fixed. That last pass to Mitchell is a TD if it’s a back shoulder throw on a rope.

I don’t NEED anything. My life doesn’t revolve around it lol. I’m just saying his mechanics were still shit this year, you can argue with it all you want but it’s the truth. He flicks the ball with his wrist like Aaron Rodgers without the velocity
it was "a few good men" quote lmao.... and yeah. i disagree.

not his first 2 years..dude colt was always getting injured if you dont remember. He was WAAY undersized until his junior year he put on some weight and then even more his senior.
Look Quinn is not a bad QB. He's actually decent. I've just never been so goddamn frustrated with a decent QB.

He just refuses to let me get both feet on his bandwagon. One play it's holy shit! Next play he's making me think about TV shopping. Fvcking constantly.

I just don't see us ever winning a natty with him. Idc if he stays here 20 damn years, he's just not that level. His laziness drives me up a goddamn wall. I can't even call it mechanics, because he has none.

Again, hope like hell I'm wrong. It happens. A lot. So it wouldn't shock me. 🤘

Good grief 777 are you actually asking this he's the reason we were in the playoffs.
I was making a point to the ones who are "done with QE" and think we will never win with him and or he's not ganna get better. Read the whole conversation not just one comment.

I second this. He almost seems lazy and lethargic. I don’t think he has the same zip on his ball that he had prior to the injury last season vs Bama. I’m also sick of the cute, “Aaron Rodgers” side arm flicks that constantly get batted down at the LOS. I’m ready for Arch to take the reins. One full season as a RS and a full offseason as the starter. He’d be ready by September. I just think Quinn is what he is.
I think you guys truly forgot how long it takes QBs to develop. Colt threw 18 interceptions his sophomore year. Quinn's completion percentage went from 58% to 69% this year and his passer rating went from 132 to 160. That's a big jump. It takes time. It's ridiculous to say he is what he is when he made a pretty big jump from last year to this year. It's also a baseless claim to call him lazy.

I can't believe the amount of people ready to give up on Quinn and throw another freshman out there again next year. And in the first year of the SEC at that. If you go back and look at the last 15 national championships, outside of Trevor Lawrence and maybe Jalen Hurts all the teams to win national championships had experienced QBs. Quinn only has 22 starts under his belt. The game didn't really start to slow down for Colt and VY until they hit their 3rd years. VY was a little different because he had the ability to make plays with his legs so it covered up his throwing deficiencies early on.

Reactions: hookem777
I think you guys truly forgot how long it takes QBs to develop. Colt threw 18 interceptions his sophomore year. Quinn's completion percentage went from 58% to 69% this year and his passer rating went from 132 to 160. That's a big jump. It takes time. It's ridiculous to say he is what he is when he made a pretty big jump from last year to this year. It's also a baseless claim to call him lazy.
Baseless? Seriously? So you've never seen him stand there flatfooted like he's looking for cold pizza in the fridge, and throw that dinky little sidearm sissy ball that of course immediately gets rejected because it never reaches an altitude of 5 fvcking feet? Lazy is the only word to describe it. Everybody around him is frantically fighting for position, and he just looks like "ugh, whatever", no sense of urgency. Ever. Lazy.

Baseless? Seriously? So you've never seen him stand there flatfooted like he's looking for cold pizza in the fridge, and throw that dinky little sidearm sissy ball that of course immediately gets rejected because it never reaches an altitude of 5 fvcking feet? Lazy is the only word to describe it. Everybody around him is frantically fighting for position, and he just looks like "ugh, whatever", no sense of urgency. Ever. Lazy.
Dude this game is probably the only game this year I've said man he's getting blocked alot tonight. Ain't been a issue all year. I wouldn't call Quinn lazy at all.

Oh and the SEC ratings for who they think the best QB in the SEC next year will be. Guess who's first?

QE is a good QB and definitely better than last year, pretty obvious in my opinion. Although the first 3 quarters against Washington looked like his game at OSU last year.

QE is a good QB and definitely better than last year, pretty obvious in my opinion. Although the first 3 quarters against Washington looked like his game at OSU last year.
I think QE plays better when we run a fast pace offense. He doesn't over think it and just let's the talent present itself.

If this is true
as much as I want him to succeed with that ACL I just don't know.

I just read that he has a clean ACL does anyone know what that means?
Grade 1 , everything is still in one piece and requires minimal surgery.

I think

Welp...kind of anti climatic but the RUMOR RETURNING PLAYER is supposedly Alfred Collins. Now i would love to have him back for a 5th year..but i was hoping more a play maker was going to stay. Who knows maybe more will stay.

Welp...kind of anti climatic but the RUMOR RETURNING PLAYER is supposedly Alfred Collins. Now i would love to have him back for a 5th year..but i was hoping more a play maker was going to stay. Who knows maybe more will stay.
If that is the “secret” returner that is anticlimactic. I’m holding out it’s going to be Mitchell AND Sanders, with QE of course. Raise their nil.

This just in...also hearing rumors...

AD MITCHELL COULD BE RETURNING

SUPPOSEDLY we are making a huge push in uping his NIL to get him to come back..

This would be big. I was hoping we’d make a push for Evan Stewart but give me AD for one more year

Reactions: hookem777
Do you think anyone of our guys will go in the first round?
I’ve seen mocks that have Sanders, worthy and Mitchell in the first round. All 3 should be first or 2nd round. Sweat could find his way in to the first round too possibly.

I’ve been saying for awhile that if Texas wanted to get back to the top they needed to start seeing first round type talent come through here we are getting there

I’ve seen mocks that have Sanders, worthy and Mitchell in the first round. All 3 should be first or 2nd round. Sweat could find his way in to the first round too possibly.

I’ve been saying for awhile that if Texas wanted to get back to the top they needed to start seeing first round type talent come through here we are getting there
last mock draft i saw had worth top 2nd round and Mitchell late 2nd round.

I haven't heard one credible person report AD Mitchell as coming back.

Best QB and season we've had since Colt McCoy and some you guys act like he's Tyrone Swoopes lol. The only thing lazy in this whole thing is your analysis... Quinn still threw for 300 yards and had zero turnovers. The guys you should be taking your anger out on are the RBs who fumbled on 2 very crucial drives. But keep blaming the QB.....

You wouldn't know good QB play if it was right in front of your face.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT