ADVERTISEMENT

WTH is this?

So apparently North Carolina and Northwestern have similar programs. And all three schools admit this horse shit is not run based on any evidence.

So basically, some jackass got their feelings hurt because a man wanted to be a man and take care of their family, earn money, support their wife and kids, be a leader, etc.

And since we obviously don't have enough labels on people and pharma doesn't have enough people on Rx, we're gonna make some shot up to get more money. The new status quo...

But being a tranny is normal and cool? I think I’ll wave a dildo over this. Unreal

https://cmhc.utexas.edu/vav/vav_masculinut.html

"MasculinUT is a project by Voices Against Violence in the Counseling and Mental Health Center led by a steering committee of UT Austin students, faculty, and staff. We aim to promote healthy masculinities on the UT Austin campus through public events, educational workshops, and other forms of student involvement. Our goal is to impact campus culture to increase acceptance of gender diversity, promote healthy relationships with an emphasis on consent, and prevent interpersonal violence."

Looks more like don't be a jerk, and treat women with respect. That being said they will most likely have a table on the west mall begging students to participate in workshops in the student union. I venture to guess there may be a hand full of students at the events.

Is it that hard? Is it really that hard to treat women with respect? I mean, I don't know about ya'll but I still to this day say "yes ma'am" to every single woman. Every one. Even my 3 year old niece. I've offended women by calling them ma'am.
Actually OFFENDED them by saying yes ma'am. I had a lady from new York that I held the door for once (because that's how mom and dad raised me) that actually stopped, looked and me and said "I'm very capable of opening my own door." I stood there holding the door and said "yes ma'am. I'm sure you are. Just being polite." she replied "and I'm not a gawwd damn 'mayuum'..." as if to mock my texas accent. To which I replied "well, my momma taught me to be respectful to all women, even if they were acting like a bitch."

The moral of the story, these things are being put into place to make a small amount of people feel as though they are making a difference when in fact, this goes back to upbringing. And even in that upbringing, while being on your best behavior, you're still going to piss people off. Some people are just miserable and broken inside and determined to force their misery upon you.

https://cmhc.utexas.edu/vav/vav_masculinut.html

"MasculinUT is a project by Voices Against Violence in the Counseling and Mental Health Center led by a steering committee of UT Austin students, faculty, and staff. We aim to promote healthy masculinities on the UT Austin campus through public events, educational workshops, and other forms of student involvement. Our goal is to impact campus culture to increase acceptance of gender diversity, promote healthy relationships with an emphasis on consent, and prevent interpersonal violence."

Looks more like don't be a jerk, and treat women with respect. That being said they will most likely have a table on the west mall begging students to participate in workshops in the student union. I venture to guess there may be a hand full of students at the events.

That's how it starts and the funding grows til the wet concrete minds start to believe it.

Reactions: westx
It's the councling center. It was around when we were there. They had programs to prevent dating violence when we were there. They had tables set up on the west mall when we were there. I don't think the events were really attended all that well unless you were forced to go. Clob could tell you about one of those that happened to the 95 team. Anyway the guys that are binge drinking and beating their girlfriends probably aren't showing up to workshops hosted by the councling center

It's the councling center. It was around when we were there. They had programs to prevent dating violence when we were there. They had tables set up on the west mall when we were there. I don't think the events were really attended all that well unless you were forced to go. Clob could tell you about one of those that happened to the 95 team. Anyway the guys that are binge drinking and beating their girlfriends probably aren't showing up to workshops hosted by the councling center
True

Just to clarify, it wasn't clob or any of clob's actions or even any of clob's involvement on any level that triggered those set of events. But yes, clob was made to participate. And it was, to its core, the sort of thing that a decent parent should teach their child at home. Unfortunately, there's plenty of people that don't raise their kids right.

Everyone in the building had to go based on the behavior of two guys and one support staff. I later laughed when I found out all of the shenanigans that went on with the coaching staff.

Everyone in the building had to go based on the behavior of two guys and one support staff. I later laughed when I found out all of the shenanigans that went on with the coaching staff.
Dude.... you do know that mackovic was banging his secretary, right? His son was partying with us at the Sun Bowl (cool kid) and was in high school at the time. We got him so fvcked up that he basically spilled all the beans on his old man. We got all the dirt. I mean all of it. And don' get me started on Bucky and Cleve.

Dude.... you do know that mackovic was banging his secretary, right? His son was partying with us at the Sun Bowl (cool kid) and was in high school at the time. We got him so fvcked up that he basically spilled all the beans on his old man. We got all the dirt. I mean all of it. And don' get me started on Bucky and Cleve.

I had a friend who was an angel, well more like I got put in the friend zone by one of the angels. Those girls knew everything. I think she used the words scandalous coaches. Coaches and staff members, coaches and students, coaches and other coaches wives.

while the idea of the program sounds good and all, they could've chosen better words than "masculinity is a mental illness". i would consider someone that hits or rapes a woman less than masculine.

Reactions: freeper and westx
while the idea of the program sounds good and all, they could've chosen better words than "masculinity is a mental illness". i would consider someone that hits or rapes a woman less than masculine.

I might add that a man who works and provides for his family is less than an ogre. I don't remember these issues coming up when I was in Austin. The terminology seems be purposefully gender confusing.

The MasculinUT program does not treat masculinity as a “mental health issue,” and any such statements are simply not accurate. It was established to bring more men to the table to address interpersonal violence, sexual assault and other issues.

Like other UT programs related to sexual assault and interpersonal violence, MasculinUT is housed administratively in the university’s Counseling and Mental Health Center. Its goals include helping men explore ways to reduce sexual violence, helping students take responsibility for their actions, and fostering healthier relationships on campus and beyond.

These are important goals that we strongly stand behind. It has become clear that some of the communication and discussion surrounding MasculinUT did not convey this fully or clearly and was not effective at reaching the broad audiences the program envisioned. As a result, we will be reviewing the website and other content to ensure that it serves the program’s goals and will make any appropriate changes as we receive feedback from stakeholders.

Earlier this year, the UT System Board of Regents approved funding for mental health, student safety, and alcohol-related initiatives including efforts to reduce sexual assaults on campus. The new staff position that will oversee this program, and coordinate with other UT System schools, is part of those efforts funded by the Regents.

PJ Media is a conservative opinion site that regularly trashes higher education. They seized on the title of the program and the fact that it housed in the counseling center to erroneously conclude that the University of Texas is treating masculinity as a mental health issue in order to advance their agenda. Notice that they only cherry picked a few phrases from the website and they didn't try to contact anyone involved in the project for a comment. That's just bad journalism. If you are really outraged I encourage you to read the information on the website. Its really benign

Now I will agree there are definitely some messaging issues. This is a field dominated by women and heavily influenced by feminist theory and they are using that terminology to explain some of the rationalizations that men use justify violence against women. If your in that realm it makes sense and I doubt the people in the program though about how their terminology could be exploited by a right wing blog in order to paint the program in a negative light.

A man who hits women or doesn't provide for his family, is not really a man. A man who respects women and provides for his family is a real man. Seems simple to me.

Men should feel responsible to provide for their family, this is not asking much. This doesn't mean women shouldn't work, they should. Women should also take responsibility for their families, but traditional roles are fine with me. If my kids are not getting the necessities, it is my fault. And I should feel responsible for that. Marrying a good women makes a man's job a hell of a lot easier. But it is his job regardless.

Reactions: freeper
Translation--- we are creating this program knowing full well that any male who has or plans on ever abusing a woman will never under any circumstances set foot in this building.
This is simply being done as window dressing and for us to "feel good" about doing our part to change this behavior..... but we know it won't..... but it makes us look good..... you know, like we are trying....

Ahhhh..... the Texas angels. Daddy's, as much as I loved the Texas angels, take the advice of Willie Nelson. Don't let your babies grow up to be Angels. Trust me on this one. I will tell you though speedstrength---- the Georgia peaches have us beat in that department. Hole eee chit. At 17 years old, I was ruined for quite some time. It took me years before I went back to dating civilian girls.

The MasculinUT program does not treat masculinity as a “mental health issue,” and any such statements are simply not accurate. It was established to bring more men to the table to address interpersonal violence, sexual assault and other issues.

Like other UT programs related to sexual assault and interpersonal violence, MasculinUT is housed administratively in the university’s Counseling and Mental Health Center. Its goals include helping men explore ways to reduce sexual violence, helping students take responsibility for their actions, and fostering healthier relationships on campus and beyond.

These are important goals that we strongly stand behind. It has become clear that some of the communication and discussion surrounding MasculinUT did not convey this fully or clearly and was not effective at reaching the broad audiences the program envisioned. As a result, we will be reviewing the website and other content to ensure that it serves the program’s goals and will make any appropriate changes as we receive feedback from stakeholders.

Earlier this year, the UT System Board of Regents approved funding for mental health, student safety, and alcohol-related initiatives including efforts to reduce sexual assaults on campus. The new staff position that will oversee this program, and coordinate with other UT System schools, is part of those efforts funded by the Regents.

PJ Media is a conservative opinion site that regularly trashes higher education. They seized on the title of the program and the fact that it housed in the counseling center to erroneously conclude that the University of Texas is treating masculinity as a mental health issue in order to advance their agenda. Notice that they only cherry picked a few phrases from the website and they didn't try to contact anyone involved in the project for a comment. That's just bad journalism. If you are really outraged I encourage you to read the information on the website. Its really benign

Now I will agree there are definitely some messaging issues. This is a field dominated by women and heavily influenced by feminist theory and they are using that terminology to explain some of the rationalizations that men use justify violence against women. If your in that realm it makes sense and I doubt the people in the program though about how their terminology could be exploited by a right wing blog in order to paint the program in a negative light.

This is a subject I do know something about, and it is complicated. One of my best friends, who is a retired university professor himself, has a professorial wife who is also now retired, but when she was active, she was very involved in university education on a national level e.g. She consulted with Hillary and others on education, and she was always on the short list to fill prospective university presidential openings. She actually taught college professors how to be university presidents and as such, she had enormous influence on education on a national basis.

This lady told me in the early 1990s that universities were working to increase the number of females being graduated from college not only in an effort to level the playing field, but also to actually favor females in a effort to promote peace, on a world-wide basis, since females are more peace-loving than males, what with all of our testosterone. She, in essence said, they were going to place their finger on the scales to favor females over males in education, and that this effort would benefit the world-over.

We had this conversation over dinner one night, and she actually admitted that higher education was working to this end of favoring females over males in an effort to promote women in leadership roles.

Are you serious Clark? I want to believe this so badly but that's some next level sh!t right there. If this is true, it flies in the face of "may the best man/woman win". But of course what you're saying is that the cop out would be "the woman didn't win because she was disadvantaged to start with" (excuse) and if the man wins then he's unfairly advantaged. So take the man out of the equation altogether or put him at such a disadvantage that he can't win and viola!

For the betterment of society, you need to name names, bro.

This is a subject I do know something about, and it is complicated. One of my best friends, who is a retired university professor himself, has a professorial wife who is also now retired, but when she was active, she was very involved in university education on a national level e.g. She consulted with Hillary and others on education, and she was always on the short list to fill prospective university presidential openings. She actually taught college professors how to be university presidents and as such, she had enormous influence on education on a national basis.

This lady told me in the early 1990s that universities were working to increase the number of females being graduated from college not only in an effort to level the playing field, but also to actually favor females in a effort to promote peace, on a world-wide basis, since females are more peace-loving than males, what with all of our testosterone. She, in essence said, they were going to place their finger on the scales to favor females over males in education, and that this effort would benefit the world-over.

We had this conversation over dinner one night, and she actually admitted that higher education was working to this end of favoring females over males in an effort to promote women in leadership roles.

Its not true. Higher ed is similar to the cafeteria scene from mean girls. That person may have had an influence in her little group but not over higher ed as a whole. The other thing is that the boards of trustees typically hire people in leadership positions. Professors have little or no say. Boards at private colleges are typically well connected and powerful alums and are usually political appointees for public universities. Look at it this way 8 of the 10 presidents in the Big 12 are men, 84% overall are men and and overwhelming majority of college administrators are white men.

My name is not, Clark, but I am very serious. The lady in question is Dr Ruth Kellogg, and both, my wife and I, questioned her at dinner to make sure we understood exactly what she was saying. If you have read or heard anything about the conspiracy against males in education, all of that is a result of those efforts.

Since she has been retired for more than 10 years, now, I am sure there cannot be any repercussions, but we were not shocked in the least to hear what we learned since she had always been prominent in "Women's Studies".

________ studies professors don't typically have much power. She may have been influential in women's studies but not Higher Ed as a whole. I tried a Google search. Couldn't find her, Combine that with the fact that she wasn't able to land a president job and that should be all you need to know about her influence in higher ed.

favor females in a effort to promote peace, on a world-wide basis, since females are more peace-loving than males, what with all of our testosterone
Unless the future leaders that are attending these universities are women from Russia, Middle East and Africa, then it would be a waste of time. I think there is some validity to the above quote but, not an absolute.

She has been retired for more than 10 years, and I cannot speak to the amount of success in her efforts, but our conversation took place more than 20 years ago, and at that time, she was plenty influential. Hillary worked closely with her on education issues, and she led me to believe that her efforts to tip the scale in favor of women was not just a local effort.

I do know that currently women outnumber men in graduation rates. I have seen the margins measured as low as 16% and as high as 25%, but women do outnumber men in graduation numbers and what I recounted here is true.

She has been retired for more than 10 years, and I cannot speak to the amount of success in her efforts, but our conversation took place more than 20 years ago, and at that time, she was plenty influential. Hillary worked closely with her on education issues, and she led me to believe that her efforts to tip the scale in favor of women was not just a local effort.

I do know that currently women outnumber men in graduation rates. I have seen the margins measured as low as 16% and as high as 25%, but women do outnumber men in graduation numbers and what I recounted here is true.

You sure you got the name right. 3 things get you influence in higher ed. Publishing, Presenting and Fundraising. It doesn't matter when you worked that stuff is stored in academic journals forever The only Ruth Kellogg that is showing up is an Economics Professor from the University of Chicago who published a few articles between 1935 and 1950. I cant find any type of reference in google, JSTOR, EBSCO, or Lexus/Nexus.

Last edited:
I think I found her dissertation.

AN INVESTIGATION OF STUDENTS' ATTITUDES TOWARD LEARNING RELATED TO THEIR LOCUS-OF-CONTROL AND TO THEIR TEACHERS' BELIEFS ABOUT INDIVIDUALIZATION.
by KELLOGG, RUTH JEAN, State University of New York at Albany, 1973, 111 pages; 7331182

Cant find anything else about her. Must not have been all that influential.

Just for grins search for Jack Wilmore. Now that dude was influential.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT