ADVERTISEMENT

WTH is this?

Mine was The relationship between physical activity and verbal behavior in preschool children with autism spectrum disorder. And it was 127 pages.

Liberalism of society is ruining things in this great country. Ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Crap like this is EXACTLY why I have always said and meant - I support nothing that comes out of Austin, Texas OTHER THAN University of Texas Sports - and if UT Sports signs on for a piece of this leftie rock, I will Ringo that in the next heartbeat. By that, I mean,

" Well...bye..."

We had this conversation over dinner one night, and she actually admitted that higher education was working to this end of favoring females over males in an effort to promote women in leadership roles.

Well that's an interesting story and all, but here and now -- almost three decades after the conversation in which she informed you of this far-reaching plot -- men are benefitting heavily from affirmative action over women in college admissions.

Sounds like she was telling you about her fantasies more than anything else.

while the idea of the program sounds good and all, they could've chosen better words than "masculinity is a mental illness". i would consider someone that hits or rapes a woman less than masculine.

They didn't use those words. That was PJ Media's spin.

Are you serious Clark? I want to believe this so badly but that's some next level sh!t right there. If this is true, it flies in the face of "may the best man/woman win".

If what this woman said was the truth rather than her own silly fantasy, then the plotters have failed spectacularly since, again, men are heavy beneficiaries of affirmative action at the expense of women in college admissions.

If you have read or heard anything about the conspiracy against males in education, all of that is a result of those efforts.

Or maybe the conspiracy is just abject, laughable horsesh*t dreamed up in "men's rights" fever swamps, given that men would be an endangered species on college campuses without gender-based affirmative action in admissions.

Last edited:
I do know that currently women outnumber men in graduation rates. I have seen the margins measured as low as 16% and as high as 25%, but women do outnumber men in graduation numbers and what I recounted here is true.

That's because, on average, women are better students.

Last edited:
Well that's an interesting story and all, but here and now -- almost three decades after the conversation in which she informed you of this far-reaching plot -- men are benefitting heavily from affirmative action over women in college admissions.

Sounds like she was telling you about her fantasies more than anything else.

In all seriousness, BBR, I had no idea that there was any affirmative action underway to benefit men, and I had no idea that such an effort was even needed, plus you could be right about that being one of her fantasies, but 30 years ago, she used to wield a lot of influence in academic circles, and now that I reflect on that fact and remember how surprised I was that neither SS nor I could find any info on Google, her influence may have been primarily due to her relationship with Hillary at that time.

In all seriousness, BBR, I had no idea that there was any affirmative action underway to benefit men, and I had no idea that such an effort was even needed, plus you could be right about that being one of her fantasies, but 30 years ago, she used to wield a lot of influence in academic circles, and now that I reflect on that fact and remember how surprised I was that neither SS nor I could find any info on Google, her influence may have been primarily due to her relationship with Hillary at that time.

I can guarantee that she did not wield a lot of influence in academic circles. In order to do that you have to publish in academic journals with high impact factors and then that publication needs to be cited but other people who publish research in academic journals. Then you need to present that research at professional conferences hosted by leading professional organizations. Then you need to use that to gain leadership roles in said organizations so you can influence the type of research and policy advocacy carried out by other members of the organization. All of this would leave a huge paper trail. This woman has none. Other than the dissertation that I found on ProQuest.

Most likely she was a prof in the Ed Department of a regional state university with either a masters program or an EdD in Higher Ed Admin who was on a panel discussion on women in higher ed that Hillary Clinton attended.

I can guarantee that she did not wield a lot of influence in academic circles. In order to do that you have to publish in academic journals with high impact factors and then that publication needs to be cited but (by) other people who publish research in academic journals. Then you need to present that research at professional conferences hosted by leading professional organizations. Then you need to use that to gain leadership roles in said organizations so you can influence the type of research and policy advocacy carried out by other members of the organization. All of this would leave a huge paper trail. This woman has none. Other than the dissertation that I found on ProQuest.

Most likely she was a prof in the Ed Department of a regional state university with either a masters program or an EdD in Higher Ed Admin who was on a panel discussion on women in higher ed that Hillary Clinton attended.

SS, it is amusing to meet someone like you, a person who knows everything in the world, except the meaning of the word, omniscient. ---- by by

[QUOTE="2300 Nueces, post: 10420492,]
Come on. We used to have strippers in the mud, kegs of beer and country gold in the parking lot. If my kids have to cut their d1cks off to go to UT, something is wrong.[/QUOTE]
You come on also. It's dicks, not d1icks.

SS, it is amusing to meet someone like you, a person who knows everything in the world, except the meaning of the word, omniscient. ---- by by

What line of work are you in? I can speak quite extenisvely about Higher Ed because I have a PhD and I work as a professor. If you Google me you will find a second and third author publication and a few of my conference presentations. I think I can speak with a tad bit of knowledge about the inner workings of higher education.

So let's take this premise that this Dr Kellogg was highly influential and was instrumental in getting women hired. (We will just ignore the fact that she couldn't get a leadership post). Faculty, Admin and high level staff are hired by committee. Faculty are hired by faculty, Department chairs are hired by faculty and Deans. Once you get to dean, provost, and president you may have 1-2 faculty members on the committee. The rest is comprised of Deans, presidents, provost and trustees. Trustees typically run the show for the president and provost. That's why universities typically have well connected men in positions of power. I mean look at UT. 24 men and 10 women in leadership from the president to the deans.

Dr. Kellogg would have had to exhert a tremendous amount of influence at the board level yet there is no record of her doing any of that. Are you basing your entire argument on a dinner conversation and no relevant experience in Higher Ed?

Last edited:
Women aren't taking over, however their input is greatly needed and appreciated. I was referencing an odd article that involved UT Austin. I was looking for some input on the man bashing. I understand the culture in Austin. My label is conservative but Austin is still one of my favorite places. Over 50% of my friends don't agree with me over 50% of the time but I don't care.

i don't think he is decrying the actual acquisition of a PhD. i think if you lead with that, it usually means you're following it with smarmy bullsh. HOWEVER, if said PhD recipient leads with strong enough points, eventually someone will say "Dang bro! You're seemingly quite well-versed on said subject! How you know so much?" and then they reveal "oh, bro, i have a PhD in that."

so lead with the substance and if the need to mention the accolades comes up, by all means.

Reactions: oldschoolcat
It's why I put the ;) at the end. Just jabbing at Mr. PhD guy.

I only have a BS. But not sure you want a PhD designing your infrastructure projects. Not if YOU have to pay for it. :)

i don't think he is decrying the actual acquisition of a PhD. i think if you lead with that, it usually means you're following it with smarmy bullsh. HOWEVER, if said PhD recipient leads with strong enough points, eventually someone will say "Dang bro! You're seemingly quite well-versed on said subject! How you know so much?" and then they reveal "oh, bro, i have a PhD in that."

so lead with the substance and if the need to mention the accolades comes up, by all means.

He didn't lead with it. The poster he was responding to was explicitly challenging his knowledge of the subject matter after an exchange of several posts. Responding at that point with one's qualifications on the subject is perfectly reasonable.

Reactions: oldhorn2 and westx
ADVERTISEMENT