ADVERTISEMENT

AGGIES 4TH YEAR COACH DOING WONDERS

I have a hard time arguing where we are ranked. We could do better, but we could be this years version of Arkansas. You can have a really good team in the SEC West and it not be enough. Smart Aggies realize that being in the SEC West is awesome, but it is the toughest place to play. I prefer the tough games that people are interested in watching, but there is an argument that playing Tech, WVU, Kansas, Iowa St. Etc.. ain't all bad.
If we finish at the bottom, Sumlin will need 10 wins in 2016 to save his job IMHO. I don't understand why so many Aggies expect to win 9 or 10 games this season. I believe 6 or 7 teams we play will be ranked when we play them (Arizona St., Alabama, Auburn, Arkansas, LSU, Ole Miss, & maybe Miss State or South Carolina if the East is bad). I'm expecting 8-5 with a minor bowl win vs. mid tier Big 12 team. I think we will have a better team than last year, but not good enough. But of course, if we beat Arizona State my brain will stop functioning for a few weeks and i will expect way to much. Funny how much more realistic I am before game 1 is played.

I beleive that's a fair assessment, I have thoughts on these games but I have no idea what to truly expect until we start playing some games, will the defense actually be improved, are we going to start running the ball, will the new OL coach and run game coordinator show improvement in our oline play? The Arkansas game is going to be a big one for us, they lost some studs on D but Beliema has done a good job there. MSU lost a lot on defense but are returning probably the best QB in the SEC. Ole Miss is replacing their QB but overall has a good retuning team. I believe Auburn will be better, interested to see how much of an impact Muschamp has in year 1. I actually think their offense will be better with Johnson at QB. Then you have LSU who I actually am expecting us to beat at this point with their QB issues and Kevin Steele at DC. Its going to be interesting.

I wouldn't expect a win at LSU or due to an excuse at QB or due to a change at DC. First, winning "at" LSU is a feat in and of itself and y'all have been unable to beat them twice at home, second, they haven't had a QB the past three years and third, their defense will be SALTY!

Until you beat them, I'd check that off the list with a big L.

I wouldn't expect a win at LSU or due to an excuse at QB or due to a change at DC. First, winning "at" LSU is a feat in and of itself and y'all have been unable to beat them twice at home, second, they haven't had a QB the past three years and third, their defense will be SALTY!

Why are you expecting their defense to be salty? They have salty DBs but im not sure about the rest of the defense. Also our inability to beat them has been entirley due to John Chavis and the defense he put on the field. He was the only DC in America who showed any capability of stopping our offense in 2012, and 2013. I know you don't want to admit it but Chavis is going tobe a huge loss for them. They may still be a good defense but it won't be at the level it has been.

You are correct. We have no business expecting a win in Baton Rouge. They have better athletes than we do right now. That state is loaded. They seem to have more DL and LB blue chippers that the state of Texas. Hate those guys worse than you guys.

Once again, aggy will be a nobody in CFB, as they are every year. a&m is regressing under Sumlin, no one respects them and DKR East is no home field advantage for them. :D

Reactions: Scholz
Why are you expecting their defense to be salty? They have salty DBs but im not sure about the rest of the defense. Also our inability to beat them has been entirley due to John Chavis and the defense he put on the field. He was the only DC in America who showed any capability of stopping our offense in 2012, and 2013. I know you don't want to admit it but Chavis is going tobe a huge loss for them. They may still be a good defense but it won't be at the level it has been.

el oh el.

No, Will Muschamp had very little problem with them in 2012 as well. LSU is stacked on defense, at every position. They will be good. If you think that's why y'all have a chance, cool. Coach Boom is a better DC than Chief IMHO...

You are correct. We have no business expecting a win in Baton Rouge. They have better athletes than we do right now. That state is loaded. They seem to have more DL and LB blue chippers that the state of Texas. Hate those guys worse than you guys.

But, this guy gets it!

Last edited:
You may be slow, but you are starting to figure it out... I think he gets four years, regardless, possibly even five, but yes... Year three better be moving up in the win column. He also needs to start beating OU, TCU and Baylor. Only one of those was completely out of reach last year.

This isn't a rebuild... He is building his team!

If Strong goes 6-7, 7-6, and 7-6 Texas needs to fire him. It doesn't bother me much, but the image of the great Texas teams are fading year by year. That isn't good for the program.

No, Will Muschamp had very little problem with them in 2012 as well. LSU is stacked on defense, at every position. They will be good. If you think that's why y'all have a chance, cool. Coach Boom is a better DC than Chief IMHO...

Will got Johnny in his first career start and our coaches conceded that the offense had been scaled back for his first start. Tell me about LSU's defensive depth chart, i'd like to hear more since you seem to have such a good grasp of it. I think Chief is a better DC then boom but either way both are top 5 guys.

Schools like Bama, Auburn, & LSU just take football more seriously than we or you guys do. Do they worry about perception of paying players? Nope. Think academics are more important than football? Nope. You don't beat schools like these consistently with clean hands. You have to make winning the priority, not honor codes and branding. It is what it is. They care more about winning at all costs than we or you guys do.

If Strong goes 6-7, 7-6, and 7-6 Texas needs to fire him. It doesn't bother me much, but the image of the great Texas teams are fading year by year. That isn't good for the program.
Thanks for your concern Aggy, I think he has it under control for now!

Losing Chavis will hurt LSU down the road. Not this year. He hand picked every defensive player they have. They won't stop being fast and aggressive just because he left. Just like it will take him a recruiting cycle or two to make us look like he wants. We'll know how much Chavis will change things in year 2, just like you guys will with Strong this year.

Losing Chavis will hurt LSU down the road. Not this year. He hand picked every defensive player they have. They won't stop being fast and aggressive just because he left. Just like it will take him a recruiting cycle or two to make us look like he wants. We'll know how much Chavis will change things in year 2, just like you guys will with Strong this year.
Much, much better logic than your brethren!

Much, much better logic than your brethren!
If you guys can't move the ball versus decent teams this year, I'll be on hear making fun of Strong. If Chavis doesn't make our defense respectable in year 2, I'll bitch about him too. Year 1 is not a good gauge to me. Strong is on the clock, Chavis will be in 12 months. Of course, internet boards are no place for good sense. Actually, I'll probably bitch if we don't turn it around this year, but I'll be wrong to do it.

Show me where I'm wrong, Pooch! Just how objective are you?

I fell I am very objective, I wanted to see if you actually knew what you were talking about or were you just throwing sh!t at the wall with your claim that they were loaded at every position. They are not particulary loaded at LB or DL, DB is stacked but not the others. I actually believe we have better Dline talent and depth going into 2015.

I don't understand all the hype on Auburn. They lose their qb and pick up a DC and they get bumped to #2 after finishing fourth last year and losing to A&M. Makes no sense. No DC should give a team a jump like that immediately. It takes time to establish a defense.

I fell I am very objective, I wanted to see if you actually knew what you were talking about or were you just throwing sh!t at the wall with your claim that they were loaded at every position. They are not particulary loaded at LB or DL, DB is stacked but not the others. I actually believe we have better Dline talent and depth going into 2015.
You always seem to think you have it all figured out... LSU has way more talent on the defensive side of the ball the Aggy... It's not even close! Like a broken record and you do not come across very objective.

You always seem to think you have it all figured out... LSU has way more talent on the defensive side of the ball the Aggy... It's not even close! Like a broken record and you do not come across very objective.

Show me. Tell me all about their talent on defense, I'll wait. Its you who are not being objective. I study football, I know depth charts, I know what recruits teams are bringing in, I understand how to apply analytics to performance and determine the what when and why. I understand the impact of player turnover. I am not always right and i understand that but my opinions are informed opinions not emotional based.

Show me. Tell me all about their talent on defense, I'll wait. Its you who are not being objective. I study football, I know depth charts, I know what recruits teams are bringing in, I understand how to apply analytics to performance and determine the what when and why. I understand the impact of player turnover. I am not always right and i understand that but my opinions are informed opinions not emotional based.
Then compare the players for us so we can see just how objective you are, position by position.... You are completely full of shit! Taylor Hamm, is that you?

Reactions: MB-HORNS

Why don't you show us?

Since you are the one making the ridiculous point. How about you back it up with just a semblance of what you claim to know???

Our aggys always talk tough this time of year, you know, before the football games are actually played. By the time August gets here, they'll be a shoo-in for the 4 team playoff. Don't know why anyone is surprised with such "objectivity". :D

"No DC should give a team a jump like that immediately"

Yet aggybrent.....most of u aggs on here are telling us Chavis will have aggsy defense ranked in the top 25.

100thplus to 25ish isn't considered a BIG jump......GTFO

"No DC should give a team a jump like that immediately"

Yet aggybrent.....most of u aggs on here are telling us Chavis will have aggsy defense ranked in the top 25.

100thplus to 25ish isn't considered a BIG jump......GTFO

Chavis is their saving GRACE, didn't you know... Only he can will a team to shutdown Aggy so Aggy wins big now that Chavis is on Aggy turf...

Auburn's new QB can play. He ate up Arkansas. I agree on the defense. I guess they think getting Lawson back will give them a pass rush, but I don't see it either.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT