ADVERTISEMENT

AGGIES 4TH YEAR COACH DOING WONDERS

What about 2014?
We made a lot of coordinators look good in 2014. Pooch is a homer, but less so than Scholz or Bomb. He is not in the same league as FlowerBoundHorn, that guy is the champ. Being a homer is more fun anyway, no decent fan is totally objective.

Thats what I thought. They are losing 4 of their front 7 including Kwon Alexander, they lost both of their starting defensive ends in Hunter and Rasco. They aren't replacing any of those guys with better players. They lost 4 of their top 5 tacklers and 3 of their top 5 tackles for loss guys. Lets also not forget that they are replacing their DC with a far more subpar DC. Their DBs are salty no doubt. They will be shifting between a 3-4 and 4-3 and I don't know that this will fit their personel very well.

We made a lot of coordinators look good in 2014.
I just find the "objective" aggy timeframe cherry picking that constantly goes on by you guys (and pooch in particular in this case) to be humorous, that's all.

I'm pretty sure the Bama DC did a decent job during the 59-0 prison raping (and that's only because they were being kind) last year in stopping your juggernaut offense.

We made a lot of coordinators look good in 2014. Pooch is a homer, but less so than Scholz or Bomb. He is not in the same league as FlowerBoundHorn, that guy is the champ. Being a homer is more fun anyway, no decent fan is totally objective.

Lol, who in the hell are you? We finished 32 in total offense and 28 in scoring offense against the 5th toughest schedule in the nation, and that was considered a bad year. Maybe i'm sort of a homer but geez dude.

Thats what I thought. They are losing 4 of their front 7 including Kwon Alexander, they lost both of their starting defensive ends in Hunter and Rasco. They aren't replacing any of those guys with better players. They lost 4 of their top 5 tacklers and 3 of their top 5 tackles for loss guys. Lets also not forget that they are replacing their DC with a far more subpar DC. Their DBs are salty no doubt. They will be shifting between a 3-4 and 4-3 and I don't know that this will fit their personel very well.

What you thought? You didn't compare shit, Taylor!

Don't they have like 5 Sophomore D-linemen (7 total), some damn good ones...They simply reload at the LB position with big physical players and yes their back field is salty... Their defense has better talent than Aggy!

Lol, who in the hell are you? We finished 32 in total offense and 28 in scoring offense against the 5th toughest schedule in the nation, and that was considered a bad year. Maybe i'm sort of a homer but geez dude.
We are all homers, or we wouldn't be on this site. I wasn't crazy about Spav or the OL play last year, but we were ok. We just weren't 2012 or 2013 good. You are more reasonable than most, but I just think it will take Chavis a year to turn it around. Hope you're right. I would take you over Snyder as DC, so obviously I think we'll be better. Just let Bomb, Sholtz & FBH handle the crazy talk.

What you thought? You didn't compare shit, Taylor!

Don't they have like 5 Sophomore D-linemen (7 total), some damn good ones...They simply reload at the LB position with big physical players and yes their back field is salty... Their defense has better talent than Aggy!

As I expected you are generalizing their players you actually have no idea what they have. Its ok. It's just exactly what I thought.

We are all homers, or we wouldn't be on this site. I wasn't crazy about Spav or the OL play last year, but we were ok. We just weren't 2012 or 2013 good. You are more reasonable than most, but I just think it will take Chavis a year to turn it around. Hope you're right. I would take you over Snyder as DC, so obviously I think we'll be better. Just let Bomb, Sholtz & FBH handle the crazy talk.

Depends on what you consider a turn around. I am projecting a defense that at least finishes in the 50's. I am high on our dline talent and i like what we have returning at LB as long as they can stay healthy. Safety should be good but corner is a major question, if we get the pass rush we are expecting then corner play will be less of a factor since we won't have to cover as long. It seems we are expecting big years from Garrett and Hall and they will be the most impactful players on D. My biggest question is what will our offense be like, by looking at the depth chart we should be able to score on anyone but i am concerned that there are concepts being brough in that will take time to mesh and i am not sure we have that kinda time.

As I expected you are generalizing their players you actually have no idea what they have. Its ok. It's just exactly what I thought.
Nope! I know who they have I'm trying to get you to show me where Aggy is better! You can't seem to do it....Just like I told you Texas will have a better defense then Aggy this year! You are the one claiming AGGY has something...

Spill it or STFU...

Nope! I know who they have I'm trying to get you to show me where Aggy is better! You can't seem to do it....Just like I told you Texas will have a better defense then Aggy this year! You are the one claiming AGGY has something...

Spill it or STFU...

please don't bring up the bet, you know what happened there just like all of your post in this thread. It would be really easy to shut me up if you had a clue about what you were talking about and like I told you regarding the bet you don't dictate to me, I have given you enough now you can shut me up by posting something knowledgable or continue to look like a goon throwing sh!t on the wall. Its ok either way I already know you don't know anything.

please don't bring up the bet, you know what happened there just like all of your post in this thread. It would be really easy to shut me up if you had a clue about what you were talking about and like I told you regarding the bet you don't dictate to me, I have given you enough now you can shut me up by posting something knowledgable or continue to look like a goon throwing sh!t on the wall. Its ok either way I already know you don't know anything.

You never sent your email a$$hole, that is the end game....It was my bet, using my attorney, your damn straight I'll call the shots!

You still have not told us where Aggy has more talent on the defensive side of the ball? You are doing your typical beat around the bush routine where you continue to deflect...

Aggy doesn't have anything close to a dominate D-line... their LB core is battling shoulder issues and they don't have shit for cover corners, but you feel good about Safety and you think the tackling woes are instantly fixed, they/D-line won't get gashed as they did last year in some fashion, get real!

Start comparing players on D, know-it-all... We want to see your objectivity!

Last edited:
You never sent your email a$$hole, that is the end game....It was my bet, using my attorney, your damn straight I'll call the shots!

You still have not told us where Aggy has more talent on the defensive side of the ball? You are doing your typical beat around the bush routine where you continue to deflect...

Aggy doesn't have anything close to a dominate D-line... their LB core is battling shoulder issues and they don't have shit for cover corners, but you feel good about Safety and you think the tackling woes are instantly fixed, they/D-line won't get gashed as they did last year in some fashion, get real!

Start comparing players on D, know-it-all... We want to see your objectivity!

You are mixing up them not being as good on defense with us being better then them on defense. I didn't say we were going to be bette rthen them on defense but i did say they were not going to be the same defense they have been under Chavis, Steele sucks and always has, and to your question I believe we will be significantly better on the defensive line and have better defensive line talent then they do. Their linebackers are better and their DBs are significantly better IMO. They will still be a top 50 maybe 30 defense and we will be hopefully between 50 and 60. I said we would beat them becasue their defense would not be the same and that they have QB issues. I said that the reason we have been unable to beat them while in the SEC even though we played 3 close games was due to Chavi's defense. Now, is there anything you would like to add.

You are mixing up them not being as good on defense with us being better then them on defense. I didn't say we were going to be bette rthen them on defense but i did say they were not going to be the same defense they have been under Chavis, Steele sucks and always has, and to your question I believe we will be significantly better on the defensive line and have better defensive line talent then they do. Their linebackers are better and their DBs are significantly better IMO. They will still be a top 50 maybe 30 defense and we will be hopefully between 50 and 60. I said we would beat them becasue their defense would not be the same and that they have QB issues. I said that the reason we have been unable to beat them while in the SEC even though we played 3 close games was due to Chavi's defense. Now, is there anything you would like to add.
I said they had more talent on D and they will be better on D. You just agreed to that, that is all! Other than that, I said don't count on a win in Baton Rouge until it actually happens and that they have had QB issues for years! I like the "three close games" even though they were dominated in all three and the second game which was played in BR wasn't close by any means (34-10)! Played them somewhat close at home in two games, I suppose...

Not including incoming freshman:
http://lsu.247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/Roster
versus
http://tamu.247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/Roster

Last edited:
"I am high" and "I study football"

Those quotes from pooch speaks volumes.

And don't call pooch and aTm posters on this board"homers"............"DUMBASSESS" YES "homers".......who knows.

2013 we got dominated 2012 was 24-19 and last year was 23-17 I hardly call those 2 dominated. They may be better on D then us but they will be worse then they have been. They were the number 1 defense in the SEC do you expect them to remain there? They won't be better on D then they were last year, if they give up even one more TD per game that moves them all they way to the 40's nationally from number 4 overall. I am not impressed with their Dline talent overall, Lacouture and Godeaux are good players but not dominant.

I haven't posted in a while but I really want an Aggie to explain a few things.

Why would Chavis be in the hot seat for not producing after year two and not Sumlin, where as if the Texas O doesn't produce it is Strong and not Watson?

I really cannot believe that some of these Aggies do not understand the difference between a coach starting his second year on a program in which he started with 8 O linemen, non existing depth on most positions and on top of that had to kick out double digit amounts of players for being knuckle heads, and a coach who inherited very good talent, and went from 10-2 to 8-4 to 7-5 and is looking at possibly a 6-6 or another 7-5 season, and losing a lot of recruiting momentum and media attention.
Don't get me wrong, TAMU is still recruiting well, but at the beginning of the 15 cycle Texas out recruiting TAMU seemed impossible, and yet it happened. The 16 cycle has started as a much more even playing field, so yes, after TAMU being in consideration for #1 classes for a bit, they are have regressed. Same with the media attention, don't kid yourselves, those ratings against Alabama are not about you.

Strong may be in over his head, maybe he will get fired after year 4 and never amounts to anything, nobody knows. What we all know is that it is impossible to determine that right now. Strong's first complete recruiting class hasn't played a down of football yet, most of them aren't even on campus, Sumlin has had three complete recruiting cycles to get his players in and the results speak for themselves.

Reactions: MB-HORNS
2013 we got dominated 2012 was 24-19 and last year was 23-17 I hardly call those 2 dominated. They may be better on D then us but they will be worse then they have been. They were the number 1 defense in the SEC do you expect them to remain there? They won't be better on D then they were last year, if they give up even one more TD per game that moves them all they way to the 40's nationally from number 4 overall. I am not impressed with their Dline talent overall, Lacouture and Godeaux are good players but not dominant.
My you have a poor memory, those two somewhat close games as you call them were home games. The score is not indicative of the way the games played out...The first of which LSU pounded that Aggy A$$ on the ground for a couple hundred and controlled the tempo while giving up 100 yards in penalties and creating what, 5or 6 turnovers. LSU dominated even though the game remained close. As for last year, LSU did what LSU does and pounded that A$$ once again to the tune of 384 yards on the ground, once again controlling the tempo of the game... LSU grinds out wins, it's what they do! It wasn't all Chavis, it was a systemic approach on both offense and defense. My wife is an LSU swamp kitten from the town of Slidell, La. We attend many an LSU game as well, a house divided is how we live...

I've heard that, not impressed with their Dline talent before... You were talking about ours! Another one of your grand thoughts that a strongly disagree with!

Last edited:
My you have a poor memory, those two somewhat close games as you call them were home games. The score is not indicative of the way the games played out...The first of which LSU pounded that Aggy A$$ on the ground for a couple hundred and controlled the tempo while giving up 100 yards in penalties and creating what, 5or 6 turnovers. LSU dominated even though the game remained close. As for last year, LSU did what LSU does and pounded that A$$ once again to the tune of 384 yards on the ground, once again controlling the tempo of the game... LSU grinds out wins, it's what they do! It wasn't all Chavis, it was a systemic approach on both offense and defense. My wife is an LSU swamp kitten from the town of Slidell, La. We attend many an LSU game as well, a house divided is how we live...

If that makes you feel better then fine, both games we had a chance to win at the end of the game that doesn't normally happen when you're being dominated. Also, you can pound the ball when you have a defense that doesn't give up points, their defense carried their offense much like yours did last year. I would think after having to watch that all of 2014 you would understand that.

If that makes you feel better then fine, both games we had a chance to win at the end of the game that doesn't normally happen when you're being dominated. Also, you can pound the ball when you have a defense that doesn't give up points, their defense carried their offense much like yours did last year. I would think after having to watch that all of 2014 you would understand that.
Oh, I do and I don't expect their D to fall of the face of the earth as you do. They'll be top 30 as will Texas. They didn't call him third and Chavis for nothing.......

Yeah and Texas could have beat UCLA and OU last year to make their record eight wins in the regular season because they kept it close and had a chance to win both of them but that doesn't really make a freaking difference does it....

Last edited:
Back to the regularly scheduled program... How many more years can Sumlin stay on, only winning 3-4 SEC games? Are 8 win seasons enough to keep him around for a decade due to the cupcake OOC they play?

When do they suffer their first loss to the old ball coach at SC now that the permanent cross division rival is in place? Will they own that series?

How many home SEC games have they won? I said this schedule was set up nicely, but that was due to all the home games... Will it get ugly in cstat if they drop a bunch of home games this year?

Back to the regularly scheduled program... How many more years can Sumlin stay on, only winning 3-4 SEC games? Are 8 win seasons enough to keep him around for a decade due to the cupcake OOC they play?

When do they suffer their first loss to the old ball coach at SC now that the permanent cross division rival is in place? Will they own that series?

How many home SEC games have they won? I said this schedule was set up nicely, but that was due to all the home games... Will it get ugly in cstat if they drop a bunch of home games this year?

He has a winning record against every team in the SEC west other than Bama and LSU. His first class is set to be juniors this year and he needs to show improvement. 10 wins including a bowl win really need to be minimum this year.

Wait, how many games did the true fish start? 4 regular 2 and 2 and a bowl game, correct? Still really don't know what that kids going to be.

We won 8 games last year in a transition year, with a true fish QB, after losing 3 first round picks, with a super sh!tty defense. We need to be aiming for 10 wins.
Fair enough. An optimistic projection, in my opinion, but at this point in the season no reason not to be optimistic.

Hook 'em

We won 8 games last year in a transition year, with a true fish QB, after losing 3 first round picks, with a super sh!tty defense. We need to be aiming for 10 wins.

You lost a 4th and 1st rounder on the offensive line and your defense will still be shitty.

I haven't posted in a while but I really want an Aggie to explain a few things.

Why would Chavis be in the hot seat for not producing after year two and not Sumlin, where as if the Texas O doesn't produce it is Strong and not Watson?

I really cannot believe that some of these Aggies do not understand the difference between a coach starting his second year on a program in which he started with 8 O linemen, non existing depth on most positions and on top of that had to kick out double digit amounts of players for being knuckle heads, and a coach who inherited very good talent, and went from 10-2 to 8-4 to 7-5 and is looking at possibly a 6-6 or another 7-5 season, and losing a lot of recruiting momentum and media attention.
Don't get me wrong, TAMU is still recruiting well, but at the beginning of the 15 cycle Texas out recruiting TAMU seemed impossible, and yet it happened. The 16 cycle has started as a much more even playing field, so yes, after TAMU being in consideration for #1 classes for a bit, they are have regressed. Same with the media attention, don't kid yourselves, those ratings against Alabama are not about you.

Strong may be in over his head, maybe he will get fired after year 4 and never amounts to anything, nobody knows. What we all know is that it is impossible to determine that right now. Strong's first complete recruiting class hasn't played a down of football yet, most of them aren't even on campus, Sumlin has had three complete recruiting cycles to get his players in and the results speak for themselves.

nails it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT