ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Any reasons for panic?)

Can someone explain the backstory? Everyone hates Mulkey and all I know is that she used to coach Baylor.
Not everyone hates Mulkey as I don’t but many OBer’s do. She coached at Baylor during the rape scandals and defended sending daughters to Baylor in a combative fashion. Her teams owned our ass for the years she coached there. She is annoying in the way she coaches from the sideline. She didn’t give her former player Grinder the support that she should have while in the Russian prison due to criticism that Griner had leveled on her after she left the program. She has a very wrinkled face that OBer’s love to ridicule and she dresses in games now like a clown. She taught my son in physical education at Louisiana Tech and was very supportive of him in all his classes as well as hers and he was a difficult student so I don’t think she is a horrible person. She has scars from a dad that deserted her mom, a husband who she loved very much leave her cold, and a university that she had played for and coached at as an assistant for years while patiently waiting for Barmore to retire refuse to give her the longer term contract she deserved So she left for Baylor. She doesn’t trust many people sadly and it shows . She is in a happy place now at LSU and has already put together a great program. My perspective is different than my brethren here on OB regarding Mulkey but I am willing to take the heat for it.

Not everyone hates Mulkey as I don’t but many OBer’s do. She coached at Baylor during the rape scandals and defended sending daughters to Baylor in a combative fashion. Her teams owned our ass for the years she coached there. She is annoying in the way she coaches from the sideline. She didn’t give her former player Grinder the support that she should have while in the Russian prison due to criticism that Griner had leveled on her after she left the program. She has a very wrinkled face that OBer’s love to ridicule and she dresses in games now like a clown. She taught my son in physical education at Louisiana Tech and was very supportive of him in all his classes as well as hers and he was a difficult student so I don’t think she is a horrible person. She has scars from a dad that deserted her mom, a husband who she loved very much leave her cold, and a university that she had played for and coached at as an assistant for years while patiently waiting for Barmore to retire refuse to give her the longer term contract she deserved So she left for Baylor. She doesn’t trust many people sadly and it shows . She is in a happy place now at LSU and has already put together a great program. My perspective is different than my brethren here on OB regarding Mulkey but I am willing to take the heat for it.
I don't care about most of that stuff. She's a shitty person. That, I do care about.

There were Baylor women's athletes that were among those sexually assaulted and she stood up and protected the bad guys at the expense of being an advocate for those women when they needed one.

To be fair, Clark hasn't complained about it all.
It’s part of basketball culture. If you’ve devoted your life to be a top basketball player, this isn’t news to you and you know it’s all part of the game. To the victors go the spoils. Clark did the same thing to another team previously, so she’s aware that it is what it is. In baseball you’d get earholed after something like that. Just different cultures.

I might have to leave OB if we go 8-4
Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

I see you have the kicking game as a position of worry. Is it just the punting situation or the place kicking as well?? I noticed Bert Auburn is not listed in the scholarship board, so is he not on scholarship?? While I know he missed a kick against Bama, he did nail a near 50-yarder in that same game and connected on 80% of his attempts.

I know Anwar always says you can't trust college kickers, and I usually tend to agree. However, Auburn was a pleasant surprise last season IMO. Hopefully, he can build on it. Hook 'em!

Thanks Ketch for all you do! Keep it up!

I see you have the kicking game as a position of worry. Is it just the punting situation or the place kicking as well?? I noticed Bert Auburn is not listed in the scholarship board, so is he not on scholarship?? While I know he missed a kick against Bama, he did nail a near 50-yarder in that same game and connected on 80% of his attempts.

I know Anwar always says you can't trust college kickers, and I usually tend to agree. However, Auburn was a pleasant surprise last season IMO. Hopefully, he can build on it. Hook 'em!

Thanks Ketch for all you do! Keep it up!

I'm mostly thinking of the punting game, but there's always a PK concern.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT