ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Core values in Norman)

(1) can't get enough of clowney. someone needs to splice together all of the criticism from the pre-draft talking heads into a single package and post it on youtube at the end of the season when we makes the pro bowl.

(2) i can't be certain b/c clowney was in the middle of breaking the sound barrier there, but it looked like that was supposed to be justin blalock's block. oof. but now there's tape for any team dumb enough to try to hang a single guard out there to get him.

Ketch you should consider that every minute you don't make point number 1 free to the public, you are not helping get the word of the violence / assult issue out. It's too well written and researched not to let everyone know how bad it is in Norman. You aren't even trolling aggies or having a good time with this one, you are presenting disturbing facts everyone should know
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Originally posted by mvaddy:

Originally posted by Ketchum:

Originally posted by 40acrefanatic:
Everton isn't a crappy team, finished 5th last season.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
I said that just to piss off the Everton fans. I'm practicing my EPL hate.
Well it is fashionable for Liverpool fans to hate on their cross town rivals at Everton. But if Everton is crappy it boggles the mind to think what an appropriate descriptor is for your Dallas Cowboys.
chernobyl.jpeg

I have Dead Poets as my #1, followed by

- Good Will Hunting
- The Fisher King
- Good Morning Vietnam
- The World According to Garp
- the Best of Times
- Mrs Doubtfire
- Aladdin

And then a jumbled mess.

World According to Garp missing from top 10 of Robin Williams.

number 1 needs to be available to all and is legitimate, verifiable evidence that OU sucks.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Great read Ketch!

1. Great post regarding Stoops. Spot on. Time for the rest of the media to get on board and keep it real.

2. I think this freshman class is gonna make quite an impact slowly but surely. There are several guys in there that I feel are gonna really contribute this year. This class although highly ranked doesn't really get the notoriety of some of the previous classes however I think when all is said and done with them, we will be looking back and discussing how important it was in Strong keeping this class together.

3. Question-Mods, how do you view the transfer of Connor Brewer? Should he have stayed? Was he under developed? Where do you think he would fit in with this team and offense under Watson? How do you think he finishes in Arizona?

4. Lets go Cowboys! I'm going in with low expectations. This should get me through the season I hope.

5.Put the Houston defense with the Dallas offense and you got a Super Bowl team. Not sure if Garret could win with it. Still think he sucks and is just another puppet.

6.If QB's get 6 pts then I would say take Brees or Rodgers and then take Calvin Johnson or Dez Bryant on the way back. You can then probably find a starting running back next time around. Maybe a Knowshon Moreno / Chris Johnson type guy.

----------------------------------------------

This post was edited on 8/18 12:50 AM by HORN4LIFE512

Originally posted by Ketchum:

Originally posted by Dos Horns:
Way to go Geoff. Glad to see your comments on Stoopsie. I second the idea of sending your column to the major wire services. Nothing will ever change in Norman IMO, but your piece is right on point and well done.

Now they'll be after your ass on Sooner Scoop too! Good job harassing the Aggroids and Land Thieves with the ugly facts!
I don't mean to cause trouble for Carey, Josh, Eddie and the gang, but I take this topic very seriously and what's happening there deserves attention.

I've never forgotten the Chaisson thing. It's almost impossible to believe.
It's not just a woman thing either. There's the Dvoracek incident and all the other violent offenders he's let in his program over the years. The guy is a scumbag.

These coaches are under a lot of pressure to win. $5.25M. Some coaches are win at all cost I think the preasure of winning ( job, family. alumni, fans) sometimes outweights doing the right ways. I dont think its right what Stoops has done but when you are one place for a long time and have had success you will do almost anything to win and get it back. OU has its back against the wall in recruiting and hes that. I wouldnt be suprised if stoops leaves OU in a number of years.

Saying that I love coach Strong's approach. I took me watching one press conference to want to run through a wall for him.

Read some of the history of Liverpool from the 70's-90's under Bob Paisley and Bill Shankly. They piled up serious hardware and laid the foundation for Pool's legacy.

And while you're trolling Everton fans, one important fact to know is they used to be the same team. They split over 100 years ago over ownership disagreements about a variey of things, but the main one was the color. Red vs Blue. And the rest is history...and the blues will always be our little bitch.

As far as this season goes, until the strengthen the midfield, Pool won't contend for the title. As great as Stevie G has been throughout an amazing career, he's slowing down and remains a liability on defense. Lucas just isn't a top player. We need Emre Can to take over the defensive midfield role currently tasked to Lucas, and work Lallana into the starting 11. Bringing lambert off the bench just reminds me of Andy Carroll all over again.

Lovren and Manquillo both impressed.

You need to pick up an old Jonjo Shelvey Liverpool jersey.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

So, for those of us who have called Bob a baby shacking, puppy kicking scum, turns out, we were being kind - he's also an enabler to those who abuse women - the national media will leave this alone bc OU is one of their favorite money makers and they will not call attention to this.

Nice work Ketch - someone needed to say it even it doesn't go very far.

Stoops has a win at all cost mentality like most of the SEC has.. I can see why people have a problem with it but I understand his side too. Its his job to coach football and he lets the justice system handle the other stuff. Winning is more important to Stoops and most of the coaches in the SEC!

The interesting part for the Oklahoma administration is going to be when one of these players cold cocks a girl on campus. I would think that would open a huge jar of liability issues.
This post was edited on 8/18 6:00 AM by rgvhorn 89

This is the finest writing Ketch has ever done. The OU story is an outrage. Just to expand a bit it is a continuing story that is based upon the differences I between the two schools. Since Switzer at least and perhaps before OU has done whatever it took to win. Switzer was a pure scumbag capable of buying players ,spying and allowing a criminal element run wold on his teams. DKR was a man of integrity and to a large degree left because he could not abide the system which allowed such behavior by our arch rival. Fast forward to recent times and you have Stoops ,the total amoral-win-at-all-costs hero of the state. Contrast that to Mack Brown who was a decent human being and a man who always ran a program that demanded accountability for personal conduct. Charlie Strong has set a high standard for his players and coaches and is following the tradition of the University of Texas.
Ketch should get an award for this true and revealing expose. I think the force of the article will not be forgotten in a few minutes as suggested by a poster but will be noticed by other media. It is too serious a matter to be ignored. It will be debated and maybe some good will come of it. Journalism is largely a hum drum business of assembling facts in a readable manner. Occasionally a writer can rise above and have an impact on the world. I think Ketch has played his part to the finest.

Ketch - Perhaps a Top 10 list for "The Cars" is in order... What a catalogue these guys have - been listening to them a lot lately... Also, must give props to Ric Ocasek for being probably the ugliest front man ever and yet still happily marrying one of the all-time Sports Illustrated swimsuit modelling greats in Paulina Poriskova...

OwlsAndHorns posted on 8/17/2014...
Stoops' actions are reprehensible, and to be honest, I didn't fully appreciate just how awful it was until you wrote it all out.

Thought #1 should be emailed to every sports media outlet out there.
HC

I posted on another thread that kids need and deserve a second chance and I still believe in the second chance but OU needs to look at what Stoops is doing. The second chance shouldn't come without consequences and the players mentioned should have green prosecuted. But again, I find it hard to believe the administration at OU is rubber stamping this but I may be naive. The PR alone should be enough to warrant scrutiny from higher up. If this blows up in the media, we might see a 180 on OU's practice of bringing in kids with this type of background, I said might. This is still OU.

And then there's the possibility of one of these kids doing something like this again. Stoops is kidding himself if he thinks he has total control of this situation and the fallout that will be coming when one of these players is arrested for sexual assault isn't going well either.

Finally, this reminds me of Switzer.

Ketch, the Stoops article is a good start but I would continue and bring it back on NCAA in general. Listing our own issues, New Mexico, Brown, Miami, Lizzy Seeberg-Notre Dame....it's a long list. Some players have been removed while many are not. It needs to be NCAA core values.

It's gonna take a national uprising for America to actually do something about "violence against women" as it pertains to football. I just don't see America as a whole really doing anything that changes the product on the field by taking the best players off the field due to their violent acts against women. Wish I was wrong

Originally posted by HookemUK:
Ketch - Perhaps a Top 10 list for "The Cars" is in order... What a catalogue these guys have - been listening to them a lot lately... Also, must give props to Ric Ocasek for being probably the ugliest front man ever and yet still happily marrying one of the all-time Sports Illustrated swimsuit modelling greats in Paulina Poriskova...
Good request The are under consideration for this week.

Originally posted by LJ01:

Ketch, the Stoops article is a good start but I would continue and bring it back on NCAA in general. Listing our own issues, New Mexico, Brown, Miami, Lizzy Seeberg-Notre Dame....it's a long list. Some players have been removed while many are not. It needs to be NCAA core values.
Plenty of room for all discussions, but what is happening in Norman is a woman-battering perfect storm.

Their whole season rides on having these players around.

I commend you for exposing the truth regarding Stoops and I hope the rest of the media will get a clue. I would be ashamed and embarrassed if our coach displayed this level of morality, regardless of how many games he was winning.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT