ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (The bottom of the roster...)

He had a great spring scrimmage…but I wouldn’t call all 15 days great…I’ve been saying since his performance that everyone is overreacting to one day…
I thought he was very good in the spring scrimmage. Great seems like a step too far.

Reactions: Eagle Fang
Ketch... "I'm just going to keep saying it until I'm blue in the face ... the Longhorns really, really need to go to the mattresses for Duncanville running back Caden Durham. The kid went 10.28 this weekend. TEN-TWO-EIGHT!"

THIS!!
And it's not just his speed. Durham is shifty and runs hard.

He's a bulldog of a football player, who also just happens to have Jamaal Charles-level speed.

Reactions: horns--21
Longhorn baseball. Pitching. Geez. Are there any pitchers other than Lucas Gordon that can step up?
Mad Men Not Great Bob GIF

@Ketchum bottom of the roster breakdowns reminds me of how much less i follow recruiting nowadays beyond the 5.9-6.1 guys. For a lot of the guys he listed I’m like:

who-are-these-****ing-guys-asking.gif

It didn't quite turn out like I wanted it to. I didn't get the presentation right.

. I will be more than ok with Dallas taking Bijan Robinson in the Draft. He has Hall of Fame upside. Let's not overthink all of this.
This is going to look silly as soon as Thursday night when he’s gone way before Dallas picks. You might as well have said “I’m more than ok with Dallas taking Bryce Young.”

• Haha
Reactions: ARD438 and RLong68
This is going to look silly as soon as Thursday night when he’s gone way before Dallas picks. You might as well have said “I’m more than ok with Dallas taking Bryce Young.”
Here's hoping you are correct.

Define great?
I did in Thursday's War Room:

"I was told in addition to having a big-time arm, Murphy has a natural feel for the passing game. The areas that impressed many people are Murphy’s anticipation, throwing window ability, match-up recognition, and velocity on throws. Those are traits that were on display throughout the spring.

"Another aspect of Murphy that has so many people giddy is his leadership ability. One person told me Murphy’s personality is “infectious.” He is a player who players on the team love. In addition, Murphy was described as a great teammate this week."

"I was told in addition to having a big-time arm, Murphy has a natural feel for the passing game. The areas that impressed many people are Murphy’s anticipation, throwing window ability, match-up recognition, and velocity on throws. Those are traits that were on display throughout the spring.

"Another aspect of Murphy that has so many people giddy is his leadership ability. One person told me Murphy’s personality is “infectious.” He is a player who players on the team love. In addition, Murphy was described as a great teammate this week."
I mean... if "great" is in play... a real battle for the No.1 job should be taking place, no?

I mean... if "great" is in play... a real battle for the No.1 job should be taking place, no?
This also contradicts reports of Malik having accuracy issues of over throwing receivers in practices leading up to the spring game…

So much of this to like. He’s a dominant figure in stature and in arm strength. Those qualities don’t always translate, but when they do great things can follow.

Reactions: Anwar Richardson
Of course not. Quinn started in 10 games and is this team's starting QB. The backup for Caleb Williams could have a "great" spring, which would be a good individual achievement, but not affect the depth chart.

All of my sources said what we saw in the spring game was a carryover of how well Maalik played this spring. Hence, he had a great spring.

... Alabama quarterbacks Jalen Milroe and Ty Simpson both left a lot to be desired on Saturday in the Alabama spring game. If you're going to beat Alabama on the road this season, getting them very early on the calendar might be just the ticket to get you there.

... Alabama's five-star running back Justice Haynes looks like he's an incredible player just waiting to happen.

I saw the Alabama Spring game and I feel even more confident based off the QB play. But playing in Tuscaloosa is nothing to be confident about especially if its a night game. I don't remember Bijan ever having a huge spring game at Texas. So I don't feel to worried about the running back position at Texas at the moment. If you had to pick Justice Haynes vs CJ Baxter?

Reactions: Mars512
7. Teardrops on my Guitar

Might be the most underrated song she's written. I can't believe I just typed those words.

Drew Brees Performance GIF by National Geographic Channel
when Drew looks at me....

• Haha
Reactions: Ketchum
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT