ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting thread (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pooch, you're a decent poster. However, you just called Cherry slow, while bragging about Moore. All credibility lost.

Why do you think Cherry is fast? Did you watch the tape? He looks like Daylon Mack running down the field at FB. Watch the film and tell me who is faster.

That's because he committed to UT. You've shown clearly that you're a ridiculous homer. Cherry and Wheeler are much better than Moore and you called our LB class meh while in reality it was one of (if not the) tops in the country. You have zero credibility. Cherry could've played anywhere in the country.

In fact, let me expound a little on the mental illness that is being an aggy football fan. You're so eaten up with anger, bitterness and envy of never seeing your team succeed that you've simply shut down. Your brains are closed shut. You insulate yourself from reality and fact and believe what you want to believe no matter what. You're literally unable to admit UT had a higher ranked class than aggy because that's all you had going for you. You seriously can't admit fact. It's sad really.

We're just talking prospects dude chill out a bit. Im not a huge fan of Cherry no biggie. He does not look like a big 12 linebacker IMO. Wheeler depends on how he adapts to Mike, hes intriguing to me. I like Morroe better then both. He's quick , instinctive has film taking on blocks and getting through traffic. He just needs to add some size but I think he's a very good player.

way not to actually answer the question, its obvious you've seen them in a foot race.
I've seen them both play. I've seen both of their timed measurements. Cherry is faster. Fact. UT had the #1 ranked recruiting class in 2015 in the state of Texas. Also fact. Just because you don't want to believe fact or reality, don't make stuff up about me.

Dude, don't take our word for it. Simply read the skill set ranking for Wheeler, Cherry and Moore. That's the order they'll go in. Per 247

The only plus side measurable for Moore per the gurus is his lateral movement and instinct. Wheeler and Cherry are with him in both categories and advanced in all others.

The only real plus for Moore is that he is on campus...

if you want to talk about pursuit and speed, this kid is going to be fun to watch at SAM... Talk about fitting the Big 12 mold, he made big plays in that same Semper game Moore was at... we had a stellar LB class!
http://www.hudl.com/v/CsMKV
Heck, even this kid fits the Big 12 mold http://www.hudl.com/v/DCMTB both have 4.6 speed.

Last edited:
Dude, don't take our word for it. Simply read the skill set ranking for Wheeler, Cherry and Moore. That's the order they'll go in. Per 247

The only plus side measurable for Moore per the gurus is his lateral movement and instinct. Wheeler and Cherry are with him in both categories and advanced in all others.
Don't confuse pooch with facts. They're meaningless to him. What he wants to be true is the truth.

Reactions: CoachEmUp64
In the mean time and while Aggy is preoccupied with arguing Texas, LSU is pulling the slot machine lever and landing high profile recruits... as will Bama and Auburn.

Why do you think Cherry is fast? Did you watch the tape? He looks like Daylon Mack running down the field at FB. Watch the film and tell me who is faster.

I didn't say Cherry is fast, but he's faster, and a much better tackler, than Moore. You just said Cherry is slow, if so then Moore is molasses in the winter. 4.75 is good speed for a MLB. Not a Big 12 LB? He reminds me a lot of Aaron Harris, but hits harder. I guess you probably didn't like Harris either, huh?

Reactions: Scholz
Just mark my words, Pooch, Cherry will be a stud, and he will make you eat your words.

Agree to disagree, Moore will be a better college linebacker then both IMO. I went back and watched film on all 3 and im not sure its close. I don't get the Wheeler hype at all plus he plays half the time at defensive end (which he is better at on film).

Who was the last good LB Aggy rolled out? Sean Porter? Von Miller?

Jonathan Stewart and Sean Porter in 2012, Darian Claiborne in 2013 was on his way to being a star. I am really excited about our top 4 guys in Alaka, Washington, Hilliard and Walker, they just need to stay healthy.

Here is a fun question, who do you expect to have the better defense next year Longhorns or Aggies?

Here is a fun question, who do you expect to have the better defense next year Longhorns or Aggies?
Did you really just ask that? So you're one of those Aggy's that thanks just by adding Chavez their defense is going to improve big time? It's not just the DC they had issues with tackling etc. that also falls on position coaches at the very best I see Aggy as breaking in or around top 50 Texas will be better than that.

Did you really just ask that? So you're one of those Aggy's that thanks just by adding Chavez their defense is going to improve big time? It's not just the DC they had issues with tackling etc. that also falls on position coaches at the very best I see Aggy as breaking in or around top 50 Texas will be better than that.

What's gonna save the Horn DL this year? Poona?

I know what you have, problem is you think it's worth a flip. I just wanted to see if had an actual argument here. It's clear you don't.
You're an idiot, little troll..
Shiro Davis
Tank Jackson
Hassan Ridgeway
Naashon Hughes

More than capable DL with depth to back them up...

POOCH!!! "Charles O isn't even fast on film and doesn't get into the backfield." Ur probably right about Charles being fast BUT did you watch him own that OL.....maybe Elbert in that camp. I know u watch quite a bit of film so maybe someone could post it for ur viewing pleasure. Oh..oh I can hear the spin about how those drills are soooo Defensive bias. Oh and I just think Chris Warren just wasn't big enough for the SEC. Aggsy writing aggsy jokes themselves lol

No clue, his 4 biggest offers came in this month. Arkansas, UCLA, Texas and OU. Sounds like one to watch unless he commits. Norvell visited him yesterday. He was being recruited by Jeff Banks and Jim Gush as well. Sounds like a descent fall back guy if they can land him.

Rivals has him as a deuce at 6'4" and a biscuit shy of 300.

Per Nike Dallas Combine back in March:
Okafor is a 6'3, 287-pounder rated as a low three-star prospect -- he's the No. 1197 prospect overall, the No. 66 offensive guard, and the No. 151 player in Texas. However, a more telling sign of his value to college coaches is an increasingly-expanding offer list that now includes OU, Arkansas, Kansas, Minnesota, TCU, Texas Tech, UCLA, and Washington.

Okafor ran a 5.45 40-yard dash at the Dallas Nike Combine in March that matched that of Owens at The Opening regional camp the following day. And based on his film and overall build, he has a powerful upper body that aids his punch at the point of attack.

Obviously Owens was Texas top target when uncommitted and they are looking for a similar prospect.

http://www.hudl.com/v/BfUbe Okafor

http://www.hudl.com/v/DNdW0 Owens and our QB commit

Notes on Denzel Okafor from Scout:

- [Greg Powers] UT is his 11th offer. I think the Horns are sitting pretty here. We just happened to be at Lewisville today checking out Okafor. He spoke VERY highly of UT.

- Okafor showed well enough today playing RT and LT that both UT and OU offered after seeing him. Both OL coaches were at his practice. What I really loved was his leadership. He was the leader on offense. After practice he addressed the team. Great stuff.

- Okafor is a solid 3-star in the Texas top 100 at No. 92 in the Scout rankings.

- [Gabe Brooks] Okafor is interesting. Today was my first time seeing him in-person. What stood out: length, length, length. There is a ton of space on his frame to add weight. He's almost an OT version of Charles Omenihu from that perspective. He looks a tad narrow, but that could possibly be remedied by adding the aforementioned weight, which he should be able to handle a lot of.
This kids recruitment is taking off... Since he received his Texas offer, he has received 5 more including OU, AGGY and LSU.

The one thing I love is aggsy delusion.

All during Mack's tenure, no matter how bad the aggsy class was, they never stopped telling everyone how underrated it was and how they were going to be better than Texas.

You have a great offensive class, I have no doubts, but it's not all great, especially when you don't know if you will keep your QB, and it's looking like you won't. and you didn't get any RBs of note.

I'd say it was great for the offense you run, and that is what it's all about.

As for Texas you got 1 player in Mack that is someone Texas would take, you have a few others that are pretty good, but don't think you can compare your class to the Texas D class. It doesn't compare. Your best linebacker is on par with our 4th best we took and far below Jefferson and Cherry. Your delusion that more is better than Cherry is on par with some of my favorite arguments like Reggie is better than Vince and Farmer is better than Benson. Cherry is better, stronger and faster than Moore, the numbers don't lie. The offer list doesn't lie either.

Your argument about the safety position is even funnier since it's a spot that has a lot smaller impact on the passing game than corner does. Just look at the NFL draft, every year there are multiple corners taken and very few safeties in the first two rounds. I look at your safety class and it's not bad, but it's not better than the Texas class. At best I'd call it a wash, but on number of high quality safeties I'd take our class.

Again, You have a great WR and Oline class, but the Texas WR class is still pretty damn good. You have a great offensive line class, we got some good kids as well. There is about a 25% chance you have a QB in this class. You have a very good TE, we might have a great one, if not you win that position. Hands down we have a better RB class, and it isn't close.

So outside of wr and oline, your class is far below Texas. The Texas class isn't perfect, we didn't get the QB we wanted and we missed on a couple of DTs and offensive linemen, but we killed it at every other position, and this is definitely a class to build upon.

Reactions: Scholz
DB is a wash because our safety class is better then yours. We destroyed you on the defensive line and Lockhart is better then Charles O just turn on the tape. I have to concede linebacker, I just have no real argument however I am looking forward to seeing how these 2 classes develope.

I didn't respond to this yet, so I thought I'd address it now.

Vasser blows away anything you got at DE, and as was mentioned above, Charles O is a speed rusher and far superior to what Lockhart does. You know how I know Charles O is better? Because at the end, Texas stopped recruiting Lockhart and Sumlin kept on recruiting Charles O pretty hard. Not only that, but one of the first kids that but one of the first kids Jim Harbaugh started to recruit when he took over at Michigan was Charles O. That tells me right there who the better prospect was.

I will give you the nod at DT, especially since I really like Keke, I actually think he will be a better prospect than Mack. Mack is immature and doesn't handle himself very well. I don't think he can handle the lights of big time college football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT