ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting thread (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of shape, injury prone, and not very good. I have no clue how he was rated so highly coming out of HS when the dude had serious injury issues in his JR/SR year. Camrhon Hughes stole his job after horrible performances against Baylor and OU. My only regret is we didn't see attrition early, but we needed bodies last year.

James was going to play very little this year if at all because of his injury. So in three years of college ball he will have 2 starts under his name, both of which were terrible.
I had high hopes for this kid based on his size, but he was having hell busting into the two deep. He sounds lazy... Maybe he can get right and get healthy and succeed elsewhere with three years to play two, bu i just don't see it. He was also having academic issues...They didn't expect him to be on the team by fall due to that.

Jeff Traylor is covering some ground while out recruiting, I think I'm going to really like having this guy on the staff!

Reactions: Godz40Acrez
I read several places that he was NOT having academic issues......but he was not going to be a player ever for us, so both sides happy with the seperation.

I had high hopes for this kid based on his size, but he was having hell busting into the two deep. He sounds lazy... Maybe he can get right and get healthy and succeed elsewhere with three years to play two, bu i just don't see it. He was also having academic issues...They didn't expect him to be on the team by fall due to that.

He got benched for a guy nicknamed "No Contact At All", lmao. That's all you need to know. Mack Brown special. Like I said above, not sure why the kid was ever rated so highly when he's had major injury issues since his JR year of HS.

I read several places that he was NOT having academic issues......but he was not going to be a player ever for us, so both sides happy with the seperation.

Yep, which is why we gave him a full release. Strong doesn't even care if he goes to a Big 12 team.

Per Coach

“He had the knee injury, so he's going through that,” Strong said. “And he's had some work to do academically.”

He got benched for a guy nicknamed "No Contact At All", lmao. That's all you need to know. Mack Brown special. Like I said above, not sure why the kid was ever rated so highly when he's had major injury issues since his JR year of HS.
NCAA is going to be an interesting watch.

Per Coach

“He had the knee injury, so he's going through that,” Strong said. “And he's had some work to do academically.”

Probably a combination of things. Academic issues wouldn't surprise me, it's pretty widely known that James is lazy.

You have had more than 72 hours to comply. I've never received an email address. The only way this continues is if we up the stakes! All you have to do is send me an email address, everything is electronic, including transfers. This will be my last post on the subject. You've had ample opportunity to comply!

No you had the opportunity to comply. Sorry dude but like it or not we aren't doing things the way you want to.

Yep, which is why we gave him a full release. Strong doesn't even care if he goes to a Big 12 team.

Texas always gives full releases to transferring players. Texas doesn't want the bad PR of blocking schools, regardless with a full release he still loses more eligibility transferring within the conference. It's a moot point because there isn't a big 12 school that wants him. I doubt he goes to an FBS school at all.

Texas always gives full releases to transferring players. Texas doesn't want the bad PR of blocking schools, regardless with a full release he still loses more eligibility transferring within the conference. It's a moot point because there isn't a big 12 school that wants him. I doubt he goes to an FBS school at all.

I have no clue what Strong's policy is. Maybe he gives full releases, but it's common for coaches to block transfers within conference. Not saying I agree with that.

No you had the opportunity to comply. Sorry dude but like it or not we aren't doing things the way you want to.
You still cant follow simply instructions... Message me and we can hash this out. It's simple and I explained it last Friday. Total D is the bet and fine if that is what is holding you up, there is nothing else to hash out. If you want to put your money where your mouth is, you could have complied with a message as I directed, you never did!

Like I said, I'm done chump... We can see right through you!

Last edited:
Give it a rest, dude, it's obvious how things went down. So, how 'bout you don't bring it up until you win or lose at the end of next season.

Hook 'em

Reactions: Godz40Acrez
I have no clue what Strong's policy is. Maybe he gives full releases, but it's common for coaches to block transfers within conference. Not saying I agree with that.

Yes it's very common, but it hasn't happened in a long time at Texas. At least not in recent history where that that kind of information is reported on. It's not a good PR move especially for a school like Texas. There are too many people champing at the bit to make Texas look bad any way they can; giving them that kind of ammunition is ridiculous. Not to mention blocking transfers is one of the stupidest things the NCAA allows, so it would be embarrassing if Texas did that imo.

ATH Christian Wallace told Horns247 that he is trying to set up a visit to see Texas this weekend. Wallace was on campus for the spring game and added that the Longhorns are in his top two along with LSU. It wouldn't be surprising to see Wallace commit on campus if does indeed make the trip.

Update on LB Jordan Carmouche: Jordan Carmouche is an outside linebacker from Manvel (Texas) with plenty of attention. Agility, Athleticism and pass coverage skills are just a few of his strengths. The 6-foot-1, 220-pound backer is a four-star recruit and member of the Scout 300.

With close to 20 scholarship offers Jordan Carmouche has plenty of options moving forward. He has a close relationship with his recruiting coach from Texas, Tommie Robinson. ”I talk to Coach [Tommie] Robinson the most,” Carmouche said. “He is a great person and coach. They have a great program full of tradition and I like how Coach Strong is a defensive minded coach and how many guys he gets to the league.” Carmouche has yet to make final plans as far as visits are concerned but he will be back in Austin sooner or later. ”I will probably visit them either in the summer or next year,” Carmouche said. “I am just trying to figure out exactly where I want to take visits in the near future.”

Texas was by Permian High School yesterday to see CB Desmon Smith, per 24/7.

http://247sports.com/Player/Desmon-Smith-77735

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3427150/desmon-smith

tOSU commit QB Tristen Wallace of DeSoto reached out to Scout yesterday to let them know UT stopped by his practice. He was scheduled to speak with the staff last night. According to Higdon, Texas coaches also went to see TCU commit QB Brennen Wooten in practice yesterday. So still looking for a 2nd QB in 2016 apparently.

You still cant follow simply instructions... Message me and we can hash this out. It's simple and I explained it last Friday. Total D is the bet and fine if that is what is holding you up, there is nothing else to hash out. If you want to put your money where your mouth is, you could have complied with a message as I directed, you never did!

Like I said, I'm done chump... We can see right through you!

I said we will hash it out here so there is no question as to what we agreed to so that when you did supply a contrac t it met the standars that were set before everyone else on the board so there was no way to say either of us ducked out because of a BS backroom negotiation. Set the terms and lets role.

I said we will hash it out here so there is no question as to what we agreed to so that when you did supply a contrac t it met the standars that were set before everyone else on the board so there was no way to say either of us ducked out because of a BS backroom negotiation. Set the terms and lets role.
You are full of shit... Move along poser. It's all covered in this thread. I;m not going to rehash so you can beat around the bush. You're a complete waste of breath!

If you think I'm concerned with anyone on this board and their opinion, you are sorely mistaken. The parameters were set, I gave you a way to contact when you asked and you have run in circles ever since.

Again, I'm done.

Last edited:
When it comes to the myriad offers we are sending out in relation to the small slots available in the 2015 recruiting class...have a troubling question.

OK, here's my question -- we send out offer to a low rated recruit who seems to show no interest in us and we are waiting on to see what another recruit we are truly dialed in on is gonna to do (ie. Chritian Wallace/DT's). WHAT IF, if this low rated recruit that seemingly had no interest in us immediately accepts?

What then??

When it comes to the myriad offers we are sending out in relation to the small slots available in the 2015 recruiting class...have a troubling question.

OK, here's my question -- we send out offer to a low rated recruit that seems to show no interest us and we are waiting on to see what another recruit is going to do (ie. Chritian Wallace/DT's). WHAT IF, if this low rated recruit that seemingly had no interest in us immediately accepted?

Don't know about that scenario, the light at the end of the tunnel may not be a...

That's the problem with the strategy. If he commits you have to accept the commitment (or at least that's what I hope Strong would do). Alabama is known for pulling offers or offering greyshirts when they get better options. I have no problem with the strategy as long as Strong accepts whoever commits. Normally a player you aren't pushing isn't going to commit though, that's why you can slow play players.

Quit grandstanding in this excellent thread spineless slug aggroid.

He clearly gave you a medium to settle this matter yet you keep cluttering this thread chirping about notta. Do whats in your best interest, quietly slink away...

That's the problem with the strategy. If he commits you have to accept the commitment (or at least that's what I hope Strong would do). Alabama is known for pulling offers or offering greyshirts when they get better options. I have no problem with the strategy as long as Strong accepts whoever commits. Normally a player you aren't pushing isn't going to commit though, that's why you can slow play players.

What gets reported as an offer and what actually went out are often two different things. The recruits and the services may call it an offer, but it may not be committable unless conditions are met. Bama may send a guy an offer that is contingent on him coming to one of their camps and kicking ass and getting final approval from the coaches. The recruit calls that an offer and the service lists an offer from Bama, but it's really just an invitation to camp.

Schools do this because these days a lot of recruits won't consider you unless you offer. So rather than Bama just sending an camp invite, they send an offer with conditions, so then the recruit can tell everyone that Bama offered

Reactions: Bass Elder
Out of shape, injury prone, and not very good. I have no clue how he was rated so highly coming out of HS when the dude had serious injury issues in his JR/SR year. Camrhon Hughes stole his job after horrible performances against Baylor and OU. My only regret is we didn't see attrition early, but we needed bodies last year.

James was going to play very little this year if at all because of his injury. So in three years of college ball he will have 2 starts under his name, both of which were terrible.

I knew how you felt, before you even replied.

I knew how you felt, before you even replied.

Felt that way for a good while. Only offensive lineman we have from Mack Brown's recruiting classes that is worth a damn is Perkins. Maybe Raulerson if he develops. Mack Brown and Stacy Searels should be embarrassed. Vahe, Williams, Nickelson, and Hodges will all get substantial minutes this year because it's needed.

Felt that way for a good while. Only offensive lineman we have from Mack Brown's recruiting classes that is worth a damn is Perkins. Maybe Raulerson if he develops. Mack Brown and Stacy Searels should be embarrassed. Vahe, Williams, Nickelson, and Hodges will all get substantial minutes this year because it's needed.
Vahe committed to Brown....I guess we should go ahead and cut him loose then? Since Mack doesnt know anything about football or recruiting.

Higdon (with some tortured English) on some OL-related developments:

"There are some things going on that would at least worst case scenario make me believe you will see Patrick Hudson take a visit to Austin in the near future. Not only Hudson but I would not be surprised to see Greg Little step foot on the Texas campus. I would say of the two I would expect Hudson to visit over Little but something to keep an eye on. Most people have the belief that Kellen Diesch and Jean Delance are not going to end up at Texas. Maybe they will maybe they won’t but I can tell you IMO I like the way Jay Norvell is handling not only Diesch but also working his way in a bit with DE Brandon Bowen".

Vahe committed to Brown....I guess we should go ahead and cut him loose then? Since Mack doesnt know anything about football or recruiting.

Vahe is a good lineman, put him in the Mack recruits that are good. 2, I'm impressed.

Mack knows plenty about football and recruiting. He got lazy towards the end of his tenure, especially in recruiting. I could go into great detail on this if you like, it won't look good for your boy Mack. I'm grateful for everything Mack did for the program, but I speak the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT