ADVERTISEMENT

This Just Got Real

I am guess that that pepper hamilton report is so bad that baylor doesn't want it to see the light of day. I doubt any of the lawsuits that baylor is facing will see a court room.
Bingo! Briles had his lawyer buffaloed. Then the lawyer sat down with the PH lawyers and they had a "come to Jesus" meeting. Lawyer told Briles that he would be cooked if it all came out.

Only thing is, if we're smart enough to figure this out- so are the victims lawyers. Sooner or later that report is coming out.

Last edited:
Bingo! Briles had his lawyer buffaloed. Then the lawyer sat down with the PH lawyers and they had a "come to Jesus" meeting. Lawyer told Briles that he would be cooked if it all came out.

Only thing is, if we're smart enough to figure this out- so are the victims lawyers. Sooner or later that report is coming out.
Not so sure. Attorney-client privilege; attorney work-product.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
Briles was pushing to have his Baylor attorneys released and was refusing to settle the title IX lawsuit. The information that was used to fire him would have become public in a wrongful termination lawsuit.

Listen Art Briles needs to accept the terms of his buyout and go home. It would be foolish and arrogant to go public with this he will come out worse. We all know that Baylor is a religious school and according to their pr people Briles attends church regularly. If he's that religious than he needs to put his wife and children ahead of this lawsuit nonsense.

Ha - I defended Briles even after the bitter end! Actually - I don't think you are too far off, EXCEPT:
(a)
alleging it's UT's fault - you will get that from every fan base - from Nebraska leaving, to ATM leaving, to SWC breakup, and it will happen again when you are the biggest dog on the street. I wouldn't say there is a big movement among BU leadership making this allegation.

(b) Everybody alum I've spoken to and everything I've read - if you are truly a good Baptist, you CONFESS AND REPENT. Come clean with all details, and only then can we get our act together. Until then, there are those that will say BOR overreacted, the Administration was at fault for not having processes in place (and point to the PH report for this), etc. We have more than our share of infighting when times are good. Give us a good controversy and we will (and are) imploding.
As I see it, neither point runs counter to anything in my post... or anything I believe, for that matter. You're just adding information.

The only thing I couldn't have written, besides defending Briles, is your "big movement among BU leadership" statement. I'm flabbergasted by it. In my view, it would be beyond pathetic if even a single Baylor regent were to do this. That is, if a regent were to point to Austin, in a desperate and obvious attempt to distract from Baylor's mess. A mess that is not entirely subsiding, I might add. But that's what you implied, that some of the leadership at BU is doing just that. Incredible. As a believer, maybe I put them on a pedestal?

I'm not entirely ready to crucify Briles, though. I'm not willing to believe he's such a one-sided character, despite rumors about underhandedness. He does seem guilty of putting his own success ahead of victims. Under the huge umbrella of "giving people second chances," he just happened to benefit, while rape victims got screwed over, repeatedly.

The worst thing about this, IMO, isn't Briles getting money, as evil as that is. It's that Baylor-town isn't learning the lessons here. BU continues to use secrecy to hide the guilty and the depth of their wrongdoing, and their fans want it to blow over and get Briles back. It's like PSU, all over.

The lawsuits will bring some things to light, unless BU manages to settle, and seclude into secrecy yet again.

Last edited:
it was in Briles' best interest to settle for less. PH showed him the damaging info and Briles knew if it ever became public, he'd never get another job anywhere. Settle, let things calm down then in 1-2 years, try for another role.

I think the storm has passed in Waco and the aftermath is beginning in Waco. We all know it's going to last for a few years. So now I look back at the Briles era at Baylor. With the retirement of Steve Spurrier, Art Biles was ready to take his place as the best offensive mind in college fb. After RG III won his Heisman, their offensive recruiting kept improving to the point where this year they were going to have 4 and even some 5* talent across the board. But only on offense. However, Andrew Billings made AA last year showing that they could recruit a legit 4* on defense and raise his game to AA level because of that they had their best year in defensive recruiting in the Briles era. They finished in the top 20 in recruiting something they've never done before.

But there was a drawback to their play on the field. While their offense was elite, the defense was average. I've been following college fb in Texas for a long time and their dc Phil Bennett has been a sorry coordinator everywhere he's went. Since he's been there, Baylor has been in the bottom 5 in penalties the last 5 years mostly because of their defense. I will take Vance Bedford over Bennett 7 days a week and twice on gameday. There were just two many basketball scores in Baylor games. To be fair today's rules are to blame for some of that. Their kicking game was average at best their kickoff guy left the team because he felt the coaches wouldn't let him kick it to the end zone. Those two things led to their losing to Michigan State in the Cotton Bowl a couple of years ago.

They were set to have the most talent ever on their team this year. But Art Briles and others refused to kick off about a dozen ***holes on his team. He didn't kick them off they were just suspended until the court case was settled. We know he should have just kicked them off period. Let them go play at some Div 2 school, the price you play for p***ing away your scholarship. In the case of Devin Chafin he was going to play despite countless charges against him since he's been there. It's kind of like Joe Mixon in the sense that his team didn't even need him anyway. But most coaches think winning is worth anything and in Art Briles case he went to far. If he had just gotten rid of these kids this would have never happened. You know the biggest reason why those holdouts want to be released? Every recruit goes to the school of their choice because of the hc. And these parents have felt betrayed by Art Briles. I heard that Baylor players past and present are working diligently to get those kids to stay at Baylor but if they even keep two they'll be fortunate.

All of this is proof positive that despite his great mind for offense Art Briles couldn't be bothered about anything else. Ive noticed that on their boards that there are Baylor fans, some of them former players who were frustrated by this. Art Briles and RG III had saved Baylor fb. And whether we wanted to admit or not Baylor was close to making the playoffs the last two years and their chances of cracking it were improving every year. But it will not be and deep down Art Briles knows he has only himself to blame for all of this.

I think the storm has passed in Waco and the aftermath is beginning in Waco. We all know it's going to last for a few years. So now I look back at the Briles era at Baylor. With the retirement of Steve Spurrier, Art Biles was ready to take his place as the best offensive mind in college fb. After RG III won his Heisman, their offensive recruiting kept improving to the point where this year they were going to have 4 and even some 5* talent across the board. But only on offense. However, Andrew Billings made AA last year showing that they could recruit a legit 4* on defense and raise his game to AA level because of that they had their best year in defensive recruiting in the Briles era. They finished in the top 20 in recruiting something they've never done before.

But there was a drawback to their play on the field. While their offense was elite, the defense was average. I've been following college fb in Texas for a long time and their dc Phil Bennett has been a sorry coordinator everywhere he's went. Since he's been there, Baylor has been in the bottom 5 in penalties the last 5 years mostly because of their defense. I will take Vance Bedford over Bennett 7 days a week and twice on gameday. There were just two many basketball scores in Baylor games. To be fair today's rules are to blame for some of that. Their kicking game was average at best their kickoff guy left the team because he felt the coaches wouldn't let him kick it to the end zone. Those two things led to their losing to Michigan State in the Cotton Bowl a couple of years ago.

They were set to have the most talent ever on their team this year. But Art Briles and others refused to kick off about a dozen ***holes on his team. He didn't kick them off they were just suspended until the court case was settled. We know he should have just kicked them off period. Let them go play at some Div 2 school, the price you play for p***ing away your scholarship. In the case of Devin Chafin he was going to play despite countless charges against him since he's been there. It's kind of like Joe Mixon in the sense that his team didn't even need him anyway. But most coaches think winning is worth anything and in Art Briles case he went to far. If he had just gotten rid of these kids this would have never happened. You know the biggest reason why those holdouts want to be released? Every recruit goes to the school of their choice because of the hc. And these parents have felt betrayed by Art Briles. I heard that Baylor players past and present are working diligently to get those kids to stay at Baylor but if they even keep two they'll be fortunate.

All of this is proof positive that despite his great mind for offense Art Briles couldn't be bothered about anything else. Ive noticed that on their boards that there are Baylor fans, some of them former players who were frustrated by this. Art Briles and RG III had saved Baylor fb. And whether we wanted to admit or not Baylor was close to making the playoffs the last two years and their chances of cracking it were improving every year. But it will not be and deep down Art Briles knows he has only himself to blame for all of this.
Pretty strong/fair summary. One question I have with respect to an inconsistency in Briles's past - he didn't suspend Elliott or Oakman or others for real and alleged assaults, but he booted Josh Gordon (the dope smoker who for one year was the best receiver in the NFL) and Robbie Rhodes (the highest rated receiver coming out of high school), both for smoking dope. Not to minimize the transgression, but smoking pot? In this day and age that is like jaywalking. And yet he took no disciplinary action for the rapes/assaults. Why boot those two while turning a blind eye to the other, clearly more serious, crimes?

Pretty strong/fair summary. One question I have with respect to an inconsistency in Briles's past - he didn't suspend Elliott or Oakman or others for real and alleged assaults, but he booted Josh Gordon (the dope smoker who for one year was the best receiver in the NFL) and Robbie Rhodes (the highest rated receiver coming out of high school), both for smoking dope. Not to minimize the transgression, but smoking pot? In this day and age that is like jaywalking. And yet he took no disciplinary action for the rapes/assaults. Why boot those two while turning a blind eye to the other, clearly more serious, crimes?

Gordon wasn't his decision. You can verify that on the Baylor boards. It's well known that the president or AD booted Gordon against Briles wishes. Not sure about Rhodes, it may have been an NCAA thing. There is no covering up failed NCAA drug tests.

Reactions: HornosaurusRex
Big 12 to release a statement on Baylor tomorrow: http://www.burntorangenation.com/2016/6/21/11997218/big-12-conference-statement-baylor-scandal

Boren's calling for transparency. You cannot make this sh*t up: "How do you express approval or disapproval until you get the facts? Other than the media reports. You can’t evaluate all the facts just from media facts. Let’s put it this way. Give us the full facts to make sure we’re getting accurate information."

Tomorrow's statement will be really f*cking rich coming from this SOB. "Baylor has to understand: You can throw 'em down the stairs. You can cave in their faces. But, for heaven's sake, you can't rape 'em."

Last edited:
Big 12 to release a statement on Baylor tomorrow: http://www.burntorangenation.com/2016/6/21/11997218/big-12-conference-statement-baylor-scandal

Boren's calling for transparency. You cannot make this sh*t up: "How do you express approval or disapproval until you get the facts? Other than the media reports. You can’t evaluate all the facts just from media facts. Let’s put it this way. Give us the full facts to make sure we’re getting accurate information."

Tomorrow's statement will be really f*cking rich coming from this SOB. "Baylor has to understand: You can throw 'em down the stairs. You can cave in their faces. But, for heaven's sake, you can't rape 'em."

The University of Oklahoma has no right at all taking about another schools way of handling domestic violence related crimes as it relates to fb players. And for people like me who are old enough to remember him there were countless cases like this during the Barry Switzer era.

I wonder if by kicking off two guys for smoking dope, which lots of people knew about, it was Briles way of saying "hey look I'm being a disciplinarian". Don't have a clue, but wonder if it was to pull the wool over eyes.

Reactions: diadevic
The University of Oklahoma has no right at all taking about another schools way of handling domestic violence related crimes as it relates to fb players. And for people like me who are old enough to remember him there were countless cases like this during the Barry Switzer era.

Boren is the current mouthpiece for the Big 12, it's not a statement from OU.

Christ on a cracker. :rolleyes: Where's the Mixon tape, Boren? Transparency and all. Your starting RB is a girl beater. Maybe shut your gay mouth on this topic.

I'm sure the Big XII could've found a more hypocritical, more ridiculous spokesperson on this topic but I'm not sure how. Maybe $witzer.

Reactions: diadevic
Christ on a cracker. :rolleyes: Where's the Mixon tape, Boren? Transparency and all. Your starting RB is a girl beater. Maybe shut your gay mouth on this topic.

I'm sure the Big XII could've found a more hypocritical, more ridiculous spokesperson on this topic but I'm not sure how. Maybe $witzer.
Hillary is pretty hypocritical, maybe you'd support her in this role too?

Reading between the lines - you better release Parrish Cobb from LOI.

hey you were insinuating to go with the biggest hypocrite you could find so go big or go home right?
No, I was talking about how ridiculous it was for a $ooner to be talking about violence against women. Because you're scumbags.

Reactions: oldhorn2
Look, I don't have time to explain things to complete idiots today (I'm not a f*ckface whisperer in general). We're having a good day over here. Maybe try breathing through your nose or something because you're not getting enough oxygen through your mouth. Or stop trying. Something.

Reactions: swVAHorn
Look, I don't have time to explain things to complete idiots today (I'm not a f*ckface whisperer in general). We're having a good day over here. Maybe try breathing through your nose or something because you're not getting enough oxygen through your mouth. Or stop trying. Something.
Scholz I am glad you didn't take the bait douche put out. It is his ignorance that shows every time he opens his mouth or hits reply. ou is scum and he has no right to talk about anyone's character.

Reactions: Scholz
Scholz I am glad you didn't take the bait douche put out. It is his ignorance that shows every time he opens his mouth or hits reply. ou is scum and he has no right to talk about anyone's character.
How else was he supposed to respond? Defend her? Chuckulz. Baylor makes OU look heavenly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT