ADVERTISEMENT

2020 recruiting

I did feel great about Ringo previously. Not sure what happened but he seemed to swing to Georgia pretty significantly. I really hope he makes it for the big visit weekend in June.

Gotta get Flowe and Smalls on campus before either of those seem real to me. If it happens, I think we will have a shot.

I think we could snag Wilson, especially selling him on the Collin Johnson role that seems to have him headed for a 1st rd draft selection.

I feel really good about Bijan at this point.

My bold prediction is that JQJ will have such a dominate year for Dville that he earns his 5th Star. And in doing so, he pushes us over the aggsy yet again for our 3rd straight top 5 finish.

My bold prediction is that JQJ will have such a dominate year for Dville that he earns his 5th Star. And in doing so, he pushes us over the aggsy yet again for our 3rd straight top 5 finish.
The meltdown would be epic. The thread regarding Bru McCoy counting for us in the rankings from last year is a novel.

There is nothing bad in this world, that the aggsy can't find a way of linking back to the Longhorns. I'm willing to bet if someone claimed the Santa Anna was a Longhorn they would believe it. I'm pretty sure they believe that one of the buildings on the 40 is named after someone who both related to Hitler and started the KKK. Not to mention is a gay communist racist, anti-Semite who hates Jesus and puppies.

Reactions: Seminole1981
2 offers out to prospects from each coast:

4 star WR LV Bunkley-Shelton caught the eye of the coaches yesterday while camping at the Cal-Lutheran camp attended by Texas. It was enough to secure an offer.
https://247sports.com/Player/LV-Bunkley-Shelton-46037808/

From the east coast, 4 star CB Ethan Pouncey has been evaluated by the staff for a while and they finally pulled the trigger with an offer. He is the younger brother to Jordan Pouncey so Texas would seemingly be in the race in this recruitment.

https://247sports.com/college/texas...ll-recruiting-Fort-Bend-Austin-121640433/Amp/

Can't figure out how aggy is picking up these WRs with a limp noodle armed QB.
Missing out on both Demas and Omeire stings a bit. That said, WR is probably the easiest position to recruit these days.

I don't think it will be a stellar WR class for us this year, unless 5 star Johnny Wilson picks us over Oregon (Oregon probably favored right now). Quentin Johnson is the mostly likely stud to head to Austin at this point - aggy was very upset when they realized he is now ranked above Omeire (BOMC, of course). We will probably partner him with a nice slot WR like Cooper, Achane or Hester and then maybe one other WR.

Interesting development with TE recruitment. JUCO TE, DeShawn Hanika is on campus this weekend. Looks like he was mostly a basketball recruit in HS but did play WR for the football team as well. He had a bad knee injury in the summer after graduating the put him on the shelf in the fall while rehabbing. He joined Butler CC as a TE in the spring and went through all of spring practice. He is an immediate qualifier, meaning he could sign with a 4 year school and start playing immediately - with 4 years of eligibility left.

Here are his HS WR highlights. I particularly like to see his willingness to block. He isn't the fastest or shiftiest WR but would be a very athletic TE.

More about his injury and background:
https://www.cjonline.com/sports/201...age-former-hayden-star-deshawn-hanikas-spirit

Missing out on both Demas and Omeire stings a bit. That said, WR is probably the easiest position to recruit these days.

I don't think it will be a stellar WR class for us this year, unless 5 star Johnny Wilson picks us over Oregon (Oregon probably favored right now). Quentin Johnson is the mostly likely stud to head to Austin at this point - aggy was very upset when they realized he is now ranked above Omeire (BOMC, of course). We will probably partner him with a nice slot WR like Cooper, Achane or Hester and then maybe one other WR.
Omeire is overrated. Many a Texas recruitik just let out a sigh of relief.

WR is the last spot I'm worried about, we only have a couple slots open and I'm sure we are going to find someone to fill them that will compete at a high level.

Interesting development with TE recruitment. JUCO TE, DeShawn Hanika is on campus this weekend. Looks like he was mostly a basketball recruit in HS but did play WR for the football team as well. He had a bad knee injury in the summer after graduating the put him on the shelf in the fall while rehabbing. He joined Butler CC as a TE in the spring and went through all of spring practice. He is an immediate qualifier, meaning he could sign with a 4 year school and start playing immediately - with 4 years of eligibility left.

Here are his HS WR highlights. I particularly like to see his willingness to block. He isn't the fastest or shiftiest WR but would be a very athletic TE.

More about his injury and background:
https://www.cjonline.com/sports/201...age-former-hayden-star-deshawn-hanikas-spirit
Sharing from another board, but looks like he has some good measurables as well. Could fit TE role depending on how much bulk he carries, or honestly, the LJH position.

DeShaun Hanika (2019) Juco TE visiting this week, full qualifier with 4 years to play.
H: 6'5" W 215
40 time: 4.7
Shuttle: 4.46
Vertical 31

measurables are terrible for a TE. especially one that is about 20 years old. Keep in mind that between 18 and 20 years the body goes through a hardening process that naturally adds about 10 to 15 lbs in bone and muscle density. This means that at most he is going to get to 230 or 240 lbs if he can really hit the weights hard over the next 4 years. To me this would be a waste of a scholarship. Maybe offer as a PWO, but I can't see him being an effective TE on a major college program.

measurables are terrible for a TE. especially one that is about 20 years old. Keep in mind that between 18 and 20 years the body goes through a hardening process that naturally adds about 10 to 15 lbs in bone and muscle density. This means that at most he is going to get to 230 or 240 lbs if he can really hit the weights hard over the next 4 years. To me this would be a waste of a scholarship. Maybe offer as a PWO, but I can't see him being an effective TE on a major college program.

Omeire's measurables from the Opening-

H: 6' 3.5" W: 217
40 time 4.69
Shuttle: 4.37
Vertical 32.5

This is 1 year out of high school, with the fall spent rehabbing a knee injury and the spring at a JUCO. Curious to see where he would land after a year with McKnight and a big time program nutritionist. If he lands around 240, I could see him more as a Jermichael Finley type - athletic TE/WR. If he gets around 260, more of a blocker lined up off tackle.

Either way, in a year where we don't have much traction at TE, I like that the staff is looking far and wide for a guy who might have a payoff down the road.

^^^

Add to that he was a basketball kid with a single year of football played.

^^^

Add to that he was a basketball kid with a single year of football played.
All that to say, he camped at Texas today but I have not seen any report of an offer. A name to file away that we could see resurface if an offer comes.

All that to say, he camped at Texas today but I have not seen any report of an offer. A name to file away that we could see resurface if an offer comes.
He included the Shhh emoji in his last tweet about his visit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT