ADVERTISEMENT

2020 recruiting

@Belldozer1 the last Texas HS football game I saw was back about 2007 or so.....went with a good buddy of mine to Lockhart to watch the Fightin' Unicorns dismantle the Lions. My buddy is a huge NB fan, his daughter went to school there and back in the day, he played ball at Northshore. I remember that game mostly because your favorite Sooner, Tom Wort, wreaked havoc that night on Lockhart. I think he ended up with something like 22 tackles that game.....
like any “once” small town so much has changed here, so much so that I don’t even keep up with the hs football scene around here anymore. My kids actually go to Canyon schools and coming from a Unicorn parents point of view, that could be considered child abuse LOL. Who the hell named us the Unicirns I’ll never know but damn what we’re they thinking?

Anyway, the Unicorns that I was a part of in the 80’s were much like the Dallas Cowboys of the last 20 years, close but no cigar.

We’d make the playoffs, even the semi’s but then get run over, such as in 1983, iirc, when we had a pretty salty squad and made it to the semi’s just in time for Willowridge and Thurman Thomas to run over us. For a county with 4 high schools in it I can really only count on probably 1 hand the D1 talent that we have produced in football

Last edited:
Hes very high on Texas. I think we do get him.

Check his twitter feed. He was very pleased that Travyeon Williams went to the NFL. aggy has very little in terms of competition on the roster.

I disagree with this philosophy when picking a school but it appears he is an aggy lean. If we pick up D. Glass, we will have a very crowded RB room.

We need to be building the team (O-line and D-Line), not create landing spots for coveted players. Recall the MB years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Iitbhorn3
Check his twitter feed. He was very pleased that Travyeon Williams went to the NFL. aggy has very little in terms of competition on the roster.

I disagree with this philosophy when picking a school but it appears he is an aggy lean. If we pick up D. Glass, we will have a very crowded RB room.

We need to be building the team (O-line and D-Line), not create landing spots for coveted players. Recall the MB years.

Agree with your last paragraph. We are seeing, just like the old adage--- games are won and lost at the line of scrimmage.

Just ask Bama what it's like to try and stop clemson's D-line from coming into their backfield on every play.

We need 8 reliable guys on the Oline and 8 man eating savages on the Dline.

Everything else will fall into place.

What leads you to believe Texas might not be building the team and attempting to create "landing spots for coveted players"?

Last I checked Herman and Co ARE building this team. And when you have a 5 star RB whose interested in you, you go after him, which is what we are doing.

I dont know what you're talking about.

Sounds like Texas had a good recruiting event for the 2020 class Saturday with several top prospects in the house. There might have been a commitment that hasn’t been announced yet, Carrington put out the emoji.

I’m glad they’re not wasting any time and getting out in front of it, can’t have another in-state cycle like last year.

Sounds like Texas had a good recruiting event for the 2020 class Saturday with several top prospects in the house. There might have been a commitment that hasn’t been announced yet, Carrington put out the emoji.

I’m glad they’re not wasting any time and getting out in front of it, can’t have another in-state cycle like last year.

Carrington? First and last names please.

RB Zach Evans – 6’0″ 205lbs – North Shore HS

We were not sure if Zach Evans would make it into Texas this weekend, and he almost did not make it. Luckily he and four-star offensive tackle Damieon George were able to get a ride from one of the North Shore coaches up to Austin in time to hear the speeches from Coach Herman, Sam Ehlinger, and Matthew McConaughey. Any time they can get this player on campus over A&M or Oklahoma, it is a win.

To make up for the missed time, Tom Herman made sure to put the main focus on the generational runningback by making sure he sat next to him and bonded with him during the OU basketball game and prioritized him in personal meetings.

8idX6ZP.png

We are told that the focus of the meetings was to make sure Evans understood the need for him at Texas and how they would go about utilizing his unique capabilities. This isn’t a new pitch to Evans, but same the depth of the pitch was impressive.

This recruitment will be a tough one, but Texas seems to be in a good position after the win in New Orleans.

This is encouraging news on Zach Evans.

I've decided to take a closer look at the 2020 class, and I know this is really early but damn, Texas has a good shot at some damn good players.

QB - Card is the #3 duel threat QB in the country, we good there.
RB - 3 of the top 10 are from Texas and it looks like we have a good shot at the top RB out of Cali. So keeping our fingers crossed we are going to finally get a 5'star talent back there.
WR - It's actually a thin year for Wr talent, or maybe it's too early to tell but so far only 2 guys jump out and one is committed to aggsy and the other has all CBs to aggsy.
TE - So far nothing jumps out
Oline - We have 2 committed and will likely take 3 more, we are in on some damn good talent, I love how this class is shaping up.

Dline - We are in on a few top level guys but again doesn't look deep in Texas this year
LB - Not a lot of Texas guys look high level, this is a position that Orlando will likely be looking out of state to fill.
DB - We are in on 3 of the top 5 Corners in the country and 3 of the top 5 safeties in the country, I have a feeling we are going to be really good again.

Honestly this is shaping up to be another top 3 class for Texas.

I've decided to take a closer look at the 2020 class, and I know this is really early but damn, Texas has a good shot at some damn good players.

QB - Card is the #3 duel threat QB in the country, we good there.
RB - 3 of the top 10 are from Texas and it looks like we have a good shot at the top RB out of Cali. So keeping our fingers crossed we are going to finally get a 5'star talent back there.
WR - It's actually a thin year for Wr talent, or maybe it's too early to tell but so far only 2 guys jump out and one is committed to aggsy and the other has all CBs to aggsy.
TE - So far nothing jumps out
Oline - We have 2 committed and will likely take 3 more, we are in on some damn good talent, I love how this class is shaping up.

Dline - We are in on a few top level guys but again doesn't look deep in Texas this year
LB - Not a lot of Texas guys look high level, this is a position that Orlando will likely be looking out of state to fill.
DB - We are in on 3 of the top 5 Corners in the country and 3 of the top 5 safeties in the country, I have a feeling we are going to be really good again.

Honestly this is shaping up to be another top 3 class for Texas.
I think it’s too early to tell. I’ll be closely watching to see how Herman matches up against Fisher for the top instate talent.

Coach, can you please share some of the particulars on Jake? Star rating, size/measurables, who all had offered him, etc.?
3* OT right now, should only move up the rankings. He's always played OT but I think he'll slide into an inside position at the next level. He's got a mean streak, always blocks to the whistle and finishes blocks on the ground looking for a pancake. Very smart kid, was offered by Stanford. What sets him apart is his technique, he may be the most polished HS OL I've ever seen (besides Greg Little). You can tell he's been coached well, puts in the extra work to be great, and really focuses on the details of blocking techniques. Hope that helps!

3* OT right now, should only move up the rankings. He's always played OT but I think he'll slide into an inside position at the next level. He's got a mean streak, always blocks to the whistle and finishes blocks on the ground looking for a pancake. Very smart kid, was offered by Stanford. What sets him apart is his technique, he may be the most polished HS OL I've ever seen (besides Greg Little). You can tell he's been coached well, puts in the extra work to be great, and really focuses on the details of blocking techniques. Hope that helps!
I have heard that he has a nasty streak to him that is unrivaled by anyone we have recruited recently. Those dudes have got to love finishing people and demoralizing them along the way and this dude does just that

Sounds like Evans skipped the aggy Super Bowl Party. They were bragging about having him in College Station for a multiple day visit but it turns out he didn't go at all. So aggys decide to lash out at his brother on twitter and accuse him of being paid. Bold strategy there, let's see how that works out for them.

Sounds like Evans skipped the aggy Super Bowl Party. They were bragging about having him in College Station for a multiple day visit but it turns out he didn't go at all. So aggys decide to lash out at his brother on twitter and accuse him of being paid. Bold strategy there, let's see how that works out for them.

He didn't show, because of course we paid him (or his brother) not to go, and we paid him because Herman got owned in state last year and is scared of Jimbo, because Jimbo and A&M and so awesome!

He didn't show, because of course we paid him (or his brother) not to go, and we paid him because Herman got owned in state last year and is scared of Jimbo, because Jimbo and A&M and so awesome!

So awesome!

Weekend visitor's list:

Grad transfer
-RJ Proctor (OL from UVA)

QB Hudson Card, Lake Travis
RB D'Aunte Prevost, Arlington Bowie
OL Jake Majors, Prosper
OL Logan Parr, O'Connor
WR Keith Miller, The Colony
WR/RB Mookie Cooper, St. Louis (Mo.) Trinity Catholic
TE Shamar Thomas, Kountze
DE Robert Wooten, Stafford
LB Corey Flagg, North Shore
LB Brennon Scott, Bishop Dunne
CB Ryan Watts, Little Elm
CB Jalen Kimber, Mansfield Timberview
CB Jahari Rogers, Arlington (Maybe)
CB Dwight McGlothern, Trinity Christian-Cedar Hill
S Xavion Alford, Shadow Creek

QB Charles Wright, Austin High
QB Preston Stone, Parish Episcopal
WR Latrell Neville, Willowridge
OL Hayden Conner, Katy Taylor
DE Tunmise Adeleye, Katy Tompkins
DE Landon Jackson, Texarkana Pleasant Grove
DE Ja'Tavion Sanders, Denton Ryan
S JD Coffey, Kennedale

QB Quinn Ewers, Southlake Carroll

Reactions: LonghornMM
Weekend visitor's list:

Grad transfer
-RJ Proctor (OL from UVA)

QB Hudson Card, Lake Travis
RB D'Aunte Prevost, Arlington Bowie
OL Jake Majors, Prosper
OL Logan Parr, O'Connor
WR Keith Miller, The Colony
WR/RB Mookie Cooper, St. Louis (Mo.) Trinity Catholic
TE Shamar Thomas, Kountze
DE Robert Wooten, Stafford
LB Corey Flagg, North Shore
LB Brennon Scott, Bishop Dunne
CB Ryan Watts, Little Elm
CB Jalen Kimber, Mansfield Timberview
CB Jahari Rogers, Arlington (Maybe)
CB Dwight McGlothern, Trinity Christian-Cedar Hill
S Xavion Alford, Shadow Creek

QB Charles Wright, Austin High
QB Preston Stone, Parish Episcopal
WR Latrell Neville, Willowridge
OL Hayden Conner, Katy Taylor
DE Tunmise Adeleye, Katy Tompkins
DE Landon Jackson, Texarkana Pleasant Grove
DE Ja'Tavion Sanders, Denton Ryan
S JD Coffey, Kennedale

QB Quinn Ewers, Southlake Carroll
Appears to be a huge recruiting weekend that could help propel the 2020 class.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT