ADVERTISEMENT

2020 recruiting

Solid list,

We are done at TE recruiting, Hullaby was the only TE/H-Back we are taking in this class.
We aren't getting George and we aren't getting Evans. Those guys are bama bound. However I think we get Bejan Robinson as our 5'star back to build around. Highly doubt we get Dwight McGlothern, he is blOwU/aggsy bound.

I also think we take one less DB and one more linebacker. I'm calling my shot that we get Justin Flowe.

I think we clean up in Arizona again

You base this comment on what information? Texas is very much in solid contention to land Evans and George. I have a North Shore contact that backs this up.

You base this comment on what information? Texas is very much in solid contention to land Evans and George. I have a North Shore contact that backs this up.

George is enamored with Bama and Evans wants to play with George. Plus, Evans is all about the line in front of him and Bama's offensive line recruiting has been stellar. I just think Evans is going to pull an Adrian Peterson and make his business decision and go to Bama.

With that said, I'm not concerned because there are so many quality RBs this year it has blown me away. Milton is by far the best I've seen followed by Evans, but then it gets jumbled with about 6 guys that are all equally great and in my opinion are 5'star talents. That is how deep we are in Rbs. Texas will get a couple of good ones.

George is enamored with Bama and Evans wants to play with George. Plus, Evans is all about the line in front of him and Bama's offensive line recruiting has been stellar. I just think Evans is going to pull an Adrian Peterson and make his business decision and go to Bama.

With that said, I'm not concerned because there are so many quality RBs this year it has blown me away. Milton is by far the best I've seen followed by Evans, but then it gets jumbled with about 6 guys that are all equally great and in my opinion are 5'star talents. That is how deep we are in Rbs. Texas will get a couple of good ones.

Evans may end up at Alabama. He may not. Yes, they're recruiting him hard and he's interested in them, but so are lots of other schools. Zachary is very interested in Texas. There is as good of a chance that he ends up wearing burnt orange as he does Alabama crimson, IMO. I will post more about Evans and the other North Shore kids when I know more. Another NS kid to keep an eye on is LB Corey Flagg. His star rating will rise this year. Flagg has a nose for the football, plays sideline to sideline and whistle to whistle. His coach, Jon Kay said, "Corey will be in the NFL one day". Flagg is an all-out baller.

Hell, I may end up at the tidy bar tonight? One just never knows. Or I might hit the brothel? I guess we'll just have to wait n see!
:D

Evans and George are a packaged deal. Unless Herman promises Evans we are taking George, we don't get him. I hate that but that's how it is.

Lets get Milton and Bijan.

Evans and George are a packaged deal. Unless Herman promises Evans we are taking George, we don't get him. I hate that but that's how it is.

Lets get Milton and Bijan.

There is no reason for Texas to not offer both. George is massive. I watched them both play four times last year. Evans is a homerun threat every time he touches the ball and is one of the best RB's to come out of Texas in years. George needs some help with his diet and footwork, but he has a ton of potential.

There is no reason for Texas to not offer both. George is massive. I watched them both play four times last year. Evans is a homerun threat every time he touches the ball and is one of the best RB's to come out of Texas in years. George needs some help with his diet and footwork, but he has a ton of potential.
George has an offer and has been on campus multiple times. He has had quite a slide on the recruiting sites, going from ranked 211 to 429 but I agree that the potential is there. He not quite the slam dunk that our other 2020 OL are but with a redshirt and some development he could be great.

George has an offer and has been on campus multiple times. He has had quite a slide on the recruiting sites, going from ranked 211 to 429 but I agree that the potential is there. He not quite the slam dunk that our other 2020 OL are but with a redshirt and some development he could be great.
And if it takes taking him to get Evans, then yes he is a take!

Evans is waiting until NSD2. Herman better have a fall back plan so he doesn't get caught holding his d!ck like last year. My opinion is lock one of the others up and leave a spot for Evans if he wants in.

In order to get Evans, every school in the country are recruiting him (George) like he is a 5'star. That isn't the issue. The issue is, where does he want to go, and as of now that is Bama.

Last edited:
In order to get Evans, every school in the country are recruiting him (George) like he is a 5'star. That isn't the issue. The issue is, where does he want to go, and as of now that is Bama.

So Evans is going wherever George wants to go. That's kinda Fd up.

That is what he has said but I have my doubts on how concrete that is. He could be just helping his friend by attaching himself to him so that George gets more offers. Then they both end up going where they want separately.

This isn't true. No one knows where any of these kids are going at this point. Heck, the kids themselves don't even know where they want to go yet. Texas is recruiting Evans hard, and he likes the UT coaches. We have every bit as good of a shot to land him as Alabama does.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
That is what he has said but I have my doubts on how concrete that is. He could be just helping his friend by attaching himself to him so that George gets more offers. Then they both end up going where they want separately.
The quotes from Evans regarding being a package deal are some of the most strongly worded I have seen from a recruit. These package deals rarely come to fruition as each guy does what is best for them.

I wouldn't mind having them both in burnt orange but still a long way to go in these recruitments.

This isn't true. No one knows where any of these kids are going at this point. Heck, the kids themselves don't even know where they want to go yet. Texas is recruiting Evans hard, and he likes the UT coaches. We have every bit as good of a shot to land him as Alabama does.

There is no denying this, however Nick Saban has the one thing he can hang his hat on. Offensive line recruiting. Over the last 3 years he has signed 11 offensive linemen 3 5'star, 7 4'star and 1 3'star. Not to mention in the Bama backfield, he will share time with lots of other 5'star talent so he doesn't get worn down. These are both big things that Evans has talked about in the past that he wants. Lets also remember Bama has had some good success recruiting North shore players. Add to all that the fact that George is all over Bama right now, I'd say the odd strongly favor Bama to get Evans.

The quotes from Evans regarding being a package deal are some of the most strongly worded I have seen from a recruit. These package deals rarely come to fruition as each guy does what is best for them.

I wouldn't mind having them both in burnt orange but still a long way to go in these recruitments.

It would be Christmas for Texas if we could get these guys, I'm only saying my opinion based on what I mentioned above.

I am going to say this again, there are a lot of great backs this recruiting cycle, Evans is one of the top 2, but man there are some great players out there that can carry the rock. I don't see how Texas doesn't come away with at least 2 great backs. For me the real prize is Milton, he is a man among boys. I actually think he is better than Adrian Peterson was when he was a high school junior. Same size and speed, but much better cutting ability, and he cuts without losing speed. Milton actually explodes out of his cuts.

There is no denying this, however Nick Saban has the one thing he can hang his hat on. Offensive line recruiting. Over the last 3 years he has signed 11 offensive linemen 3 5'star, 7 4'star and 1 3'star. Not to mention in the Bama backfield, he will share time with lots of other 5'star talent so he doesn't get worn down. These are both big things that Evans has talked about in the past that he wants. Lets also remember Bama has had some good success recruiting North shore players. Add to all that the fact that George is all over Bama right now, I'd say the odd strongly favor Bama to get Evans.

It would be Christmas for Texas if we could get these guys, I'm only saying my opinion based on what I mentioned above.

I am going to say this again, there are a lot of great backs this recruiting cycle, Evans is one of the top 2, but man there are some great players out there that can carry the rock. I don't see how Texas doesn't come away with at least 2 great backs. For me the real prize is Milton, he is a man among boys. I actually think he is better than Adrian Peterson was when he was a high school junior. Same size and speed, but much better cutting ability, and he cuts without losing speed. Milton actually explodes out of his cuts.
It'll be tough to compete with the OL Bama has put together year in and year out. Hoping we have enough success this year on the field with continued success in recruiting in the 2020 and 2021 class to make Evans feel comfortable that our OL is legit too.

New offer out to the top 2020 JUCO ILB, Juwan Mitchell. He will play his second season of football this fall and graduate in December. He plays for Butler CC a school Texas has become familiar with recently.

He is only the 2nd ILB offered in 2020 apart from Justin Flowe who is definitely a long shot at this point. Mitchell certainly looks the part with good speed, play recognition and coverage abilities.

https://247sports.com/college/texas...1-junior-college-inside-linebacker-131741132/
https://247sports.com/Video/Im-Built-Different--8774775/

Reactions: LonghornMM
Some interesting recruiting notes from TFB:
Jahari Rogers doesn't seem to be considering OU anymore. His grandfather played DB there so they were seemingly the favorite early. With some other CB targets coming off the board, having a legit shot at Rogers is huge.

Dameion George was interviewed and continues to be fully committed to playing with Zach Evans next year. I haven't seen two guys so committed to the idea of being a package deal. What doesn't fit though is that George sounds close to a decision but Evans has been saying it'll be NSD1 or 2 for him.

Also, Prince Dorbah is down to Texas and LSU. I think this one lands Texas.

Texas has a relatively small but very high quality official visit weekend starting today.

I haven't seen a great list yet on any free sites but I have gathered that the following recruits will be in town:
5 star RB Zachary Evans
4 star O-line commits Jake Majors and Logan Parr
4 star OT target Chad Lindberg
3 star OT target Damieon George

4 star WR (and former commit) Mookie Cooper

4 star DT Vernon Broughton
4 star S Chris Thompson Jr

A lot of top targets are competing in the UIL Track State Championship in Austin this weekend so will be in town and may do unofficial visits.

Texas has a relatively small but very high quality official visit weekend starting today.

I haven't seen a great list yet on any free sites but I have gathered that the following recruits will be in town:
5 star RB Zachary Evans
4 star O-line commits Jake Majors and Logan Parr
4 star OT target Chad Lindberg
3 star OT target Damieon George

4 star WR (and former commit) Mookie Cooper

4 star DT Vernon Broughton
4 star S Chris Thompson Jr

A lot of top targets are competing in the UIL Track State Championship in Austin this weekend so will be in town and may do unofficial visits.

Add 4 star OT tackle commit Jaylen Garth to the list. All 5 of Texas' OL commits will be on campus - along with Evans who they want to showcase their OL recruiting to. I like it!

Again, it is a small list but commitments from any of the uncommitted guys would be huge as they represent the 1st, 61st, 66th, 70th, 97th, and 427th (who is closely linked to the number 1) ranked recruits in the nation.

Just talked to my contact who is very close to the NS program. He told me that George wants to play early and not redshirt. Texas is pushing him to redshirt, which realistically is what would be best for him. George is down to 4 schools - Texas, Alabama, and two others he wasn't sure of. Texas leads and this weekend is big, but his decision could be influenced based on the O-linemen that Texas has committed and who they're still recruiting. George is now 6' 7" 370 lbs.

Evans is leaning towards Texas, with Alabama at #2 right now. He has whittled his list down to 11 schools and will most likely announce his decision at one of the all-star games in January.

Bottom line is, Texas is in good shape with both kids. What does contradict what others have said in this thread is that George wants to commit early and Evans wants to wait and announce late, so the package deal theory may not be accurate.

Still a lot of time between now and NSD. I'll be in the press box and/or on the field at the Katy/North Shore game at Galena Park Stadium and will try to find out more info then.

Add 4 star OT tackle commit Jaylen Garth to the list. All 5 of Texas' OL commits will be on campus - along with Evans who they want to showcase their OL recruiting to. I like it!

Again, it is a small list but commitments from any of the uncommitted guys would be huge as they represent the 1st, 61st, 66th, 70th, 97th, and 427th (who is closely linked to the number 1) ranked recruits in the nation.
Another addition

Princely Umanmielen, 4 star DE, is also on campus for an Unofficial visit.

Just talked to my contact who is very close to the NS program. He told me that George wants to play early and not redshirt. Texas is pushing him to redshirt, which realistically is what would be best for him. George is down to 4 schools - Texas, Alabama, and two others he wasn't sure of. Texas leads and this weekend is big, but his decision could be influenced based on the O-linemen that Texas has committed and who they're still recruiting. George is now 6' 7" 370 lbs.

Evans is leaning towards Texas, with Alabama at #2 right now. He has whittled his list down to 11 schools and will most likely announce his decision at one of the all-star games in January.

Bottom line is, Texas is in good shape with both kids. What does contradict what others have said in this thread is that George wants to commit early and Evans wants to wait and announce late, so the package deal theory may not be accurate.

Still a lot of time between now and NSD. I'll be in the press box and/or on the field at the Katy/North Shore game at Galena Park Stadium and will try to find out more info then.

Well if immediate playing is what George wants, than he goddamn sure ain't going to Bama. Lol.

EDIT: Did you say 6'7 370??? Jesus H Christ. Do you know how bad you gotta be to be that size, yet still only a 3-star? I have a feeling this guy would never play a down at Texas or Bama. I still take him to get Evans though!

Seriously though, that dude really needs to shed weight. That can't be healthy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2300 Nueces
Well if immediate playing is what George wants, than he goddamn sure ain't going to Bama. Lol.

EDIT: Did you say 6'7 370??? Jesus H Christ. Do you know how bad you gotta be to be that size, yet still only a 3-star? I have a feeling this guy would never play a down at Texas or Bama. I still take him to get Evans though!

He was over 400 lbs. at one point. North Shore has him on a diet. They prepare his meals for him. Where ever he ends up on college, they need to have him on a strict diet. He is a hard worker and spends a lot of time in the weight room.

I recall Evans saying the strength of the Oline is key in his recruitment. If George wants to play early but Texas recruits a strong class where hes lower on the totem pole, something has to give. If hes not likely to start early for Texas, theres no way hes starting early for Bama.

I recall Evans saying the strength of the Oline is key in his recruitment. If George wants to play early but Texas recruits a strong class where hes lower on the totem pole, something has to give. If hes not likely to start early for Texas, theres no way hes starting early for Bama.

Exactly what I was thinking. So, Evans wants a great OL, but George seems to require an average at best OL. There's definitely a conflict here.

Apparently Zack Evans didn't make it in for the visit. Not sure why exactly. Haven't heard for sure if George did or not.

Zack Evans is 43% Longhorns and 14% Aggie, 14% Okie State, per the "experts" on 247. Rivals has him at 86% Longhorns.

Yet here are his unofficial visits:

Texas A&M 6 visits & campus events
Alabama 3
Oklahoma 2
Auburn 1
Baylor 1
Georgia 1
Okie State 1
Ole Miss 1
Tennessee 1
The good guys 0 visits, supposedly​

Hmm...

Zack Evans is 43% Longhorns and 14% Aggie, 14% Okie State, per the "experts" on 247. Rivals has him at 86% Longhorns.

Alabama 3
Oklahoma 2
Auburn 1
Baylor 1
Georgia 1
Okie State 1
Ole Miss 1
Tennessee 1

Hmm...

Exactly, someone isn't telling the truth. George is not starting anywhere in P5 football as a freshman. He needs serious work to be starting material.... What cracks me up ,and the same with the tweeting poet, these guys all think that they could be starting in the NFL NOW if not for being held back. They have their hands out with demands...... this won't end well for them. Someone is going to get burned. If Herman is smart, he is making other plans at RB and OL. Keep going the grad transfer route. Those guys have been sifted and are more likely to be good locker room guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: HornDrummer

Alabama 3
Oklahoma 2
Auburn 1
Baylor 1
Georgia 1
Okie State 1
Ole Miss 1
Tennessee 1

Hmm...

Evans has been on the UT campus several times. He sat courtside next to Herman at a Texas basketball game this past season. I don't think that any of them were as an official visit though. Texas is solidly in the mix to land him.

Alabama 3
Oklahoma 2
Auburn 1
Baylor 1
Georgia 1
Okie State 1
Ole Miss 1
Tennessee 1

Hmm...
Yeah, I don't think these visit numbers are correct. He has been at UT a lot. The aggy boards always complain about him no-showing to their events so I doubt that number 6 is correct.

Evans has been on the UT campus several times. He sat courtside next to Herman at a Texas basketball game this past season. I don't think that any of them were as an official visit though. Texas is solidly in the mix to land him.
He also said being close to home is important to him as he wants his grandmother to be able to come to his games. Most think Evans is a LSU v Texas battle.

Alabama 3
Oklahoma 2
Auburn 1
Baylor 1
Georgia 1
Okie State 1
Ole Miss 1
Tennessee 1

Hmm...
Yeah, I don't think these visit numbers are correct. He has been at UT a lot. The aggy boards always complain about him no-showing to their events so I doubt that number 6 is correct.
Way wrong

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT