ADVERTISEMENT

247 doesn't think our cupboard is bare

I clicked on the arrow to see they list 6 key contributors; J. Gray( who has never been the same post injury and is now undecisive), Flowers, Perkins, Roberson, D. Jackson (not fully recovered from injury), and Malik. So, their analysis for key players is 2 injury prone guys, 2 JAGs, and 2 FR. In other words they just went by what they rated those guys as HS Juniors and nothing else.

I don't know what is worse, that analysis or that people pay for that crap.

Quit it with the star rating in HS for talent already. Doesn't matter what they were rated if they don't fit your system. What do your own eyes tell you about them as players now? Plus Baylor and TCU have shown again and again you can win with lesser ranked players if they fit your system. How are the Patriots a dynasty with continually being in the last few picks of every round for years, in a salary cap era that is supposed to prevent dynasties? They know what fits their system that is how.

Last edited:
Bobby Burton has been ranting about confirmation bias and lack of reevaluation for HS Sr year performance at 247 for a while. This is just another example of it.

Last edited:
My grandkids go to Westlake, so they wanted me to go to a game with them, and I watched South Lake Carroll against Westlake. Now, that was a wild game and it came down to the last play and a dropped end zone pass for Westlake to win.

Sam Ehlinger is a stud, at least at this point in his life, as he is still a youngster. Him committing to UT has nothing to do with Strong. Sam loves him some Longhorns.

He could be one of the best ever to play at Texas if his progression continues.

Yeah he was right on some of them, but he just got too carried away with it. Every other post seemed to be about trolls, and he created a culture where every low post count was being called out for a troll. There were several long time members that came back, for some reason their post counts reset, and they were called trolls. There are better ways to deal with that problem.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Sucks that bomb might not come back but he was good at seeing people hiding behind fake names.

Bomb was obsessed with thinking that anyone who made even the slightest off the cuff post that they were a "troll" and tried to police the board thinking that anyone with a low post count was automatically a troll. Then he started criticizing the moderation here and threatened to leave if things weren't run the way he thought they should be. He left and acted like a 2-year old because he didn't get his way. He's not banned.

Bomb was obsessed with thinking that anyone who made even the slightest off the cuff post that they were a "troll" and tried to police the board thinking that anyone with a low post count was automatically a troll. Then he started criticizing the moderation here and threatened to leave if things weren't run the way he thought they should be. He left and acted like a 2-year old because he didn't get his way. He's not banned.

Did you ban Beaumont Horn or Belldozer? ?

I understand that he isn't banned and could come back. That's why I said might not come back. And yes he was flying to the trolls like our Horns use to do on defense by flying to the ball. But we will be there soon again. And he also did alert you when I got banned and I couldn't find how to message anyone and he was the one who came through and big mike helped as well. I liked bomb on here because it wasn't only just football on here about him but other Longhorn sports like volleyball, swimming etc. That other schools don't pay any attention too. That's my 2 cents.

Hook 'Em

Bomb provided great info, especially on recruiting. Say what you will but that dude was plugged into the twitterverse and gave us great info before even the paid sites knew about it. Did he get carried away sometimes, sure. But the recruiting thread isn't the same without him

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT