Am I the only person who thinks Jerrick Gibson should be getting more carries?

Green Gloves

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2014
He seems to get downhill fast, runs behind his pads, and set ups his blocks. The perfect guy to compliment Blue and the huge O-line.

Reactions: westx
He’s a true freshman. He’ll get his carries.
I am sure he is struggling with pass protection and maybe his hands aren’t great. I just saw that TD at Michigan with 4 yards after contact running like Bevo after UGA and want to see more of that as we enter SEC play.

I am sure he is struggling with pass protection and maybe his hands aren’t great. I just saw that TD at Michigan with 4 yards after contact running like Bevo after UGA and want to see more of that as we enter SEC play.

I agree with you, but I trust Choice more than just about any other coach on staff. It is probably a combination of factors (some you mentioned): playbook mastery, pass pro, health, endurance, longevity, etc.

I think he will start to see more time on the field

Reactions: westx
I agree with you, but I trust Choice more than just about any other coach on staff. It is probably a combination of factors (some you mentioned): playbook mastery, pass pro, health, endurance, longevity, etc.

I think he will start to see more time on the field
Thanks for the reassurance. You are right, Choice is the best man to make that decision. I love what Blue brings ( when he protects the ball), but my eyes see Gibson as a better compliment than Wisner. Truthfully, most of our RB's would be starters other places, so you have to give the coaches all the credit for finding these guys and getting them ready with all the injuries we have had.

Reactions: weevilcatch