ADVERTISEMENT

Astros Playoffs

I was going to start one as well, so glad you did.

I too am glad we get the Rays, even though they won the season series against us. Different teams now.
Our starting pitching is lined up nicely and we even get balsa wood Correa back.
Of course we get the daytime game Friday, but prime time Saturday.
Going to be a fun post season boys!
Got my flag up front of the house!

Go Stros!!

Read that this bet was to offset his potential losses due to the marketing campaign he is running that if the Astros win the world series, everyone who bought a mattress in the last year over a certain dollar point gets a 100% refund. Said that deal could end up costing him $10MM
He does this every year with the Astros and I think the Rockets. I have a feeling he does just fine.

Read that this bet was to offset his potential losses due to the marketing campaign he is running that if the Astros win the world series, everyone who bought a mattress in the last year over a certain dollar point gets a 100% refund. Said that deal could end up costing him $10MM
He is betting all over Vegas to cover any losses he may have.

Reactions: ASURAM2010
Nice, clob! I've got a front row seat from my home office, sitting in front of my computer, working and watching the game at the same time.

Mack interviewed on Fox News the other night. He gave away $13M in free mattresses in 2017 Astros WS win.

I just don't see how anyone can deal with Verlander, Cole, and Greincke in a 7 game series. Especially in combination with our line-up.
Bats get you through the regular season. Arms get you through the play offs. We have the best rotation in baseball since the Braves in the early 90s.

..okay, how about now
1993 Braves
Greg Maddux
(20-10, 2.36), Tom Glavine (22-6, 3.20), Steve Avery (18-6, 2.94), John Smoltz (15-11, 3.62)

1998 Braves
Greg Maddux
(18-9, 2.22), Tom Glavine (20-6, 2.47), Denny Neagle (16-11, 3.55), Kevin Millwood (17-8, 4.08), John Smoltz (17-3, 2.90)

2019 Astros
Justin Verlander
(21-6, 2.58), Gerrit Cole (20-5, 2.50), Zack Grienke (18-5, 2.93)

Where the Braves win out is overall team ERA. Houston isn't as strong at the back end of the rotation, relievers or closers. The top 3 is pretty comparable which says a lot. The 96-98 seasons where quite ridiculous in Atlanta.

1993 Braves
Greg Maddux
(20-10, 2.36), Tom Glavine (22-6, 3.20), Steve Avery (18-6, 2.94), John Smoltz (15-11, 3.62)

1998 Braves
Greg Maddux
(18-9, 2.22), Tom Glavine (20-6, 2.47), Denny Neagle (16-11, 3.55), Kevin Millwood (17-8, 4.08), John Smoltz (17-3, 2.90)

2019 Astros
Justin Verlander
(21-6, 2.58), Gerrit Cole (20-5, 2.50), Zack Grienke (18-5, 2.93)

Where the Braves win out is overall team ERA. Houston isn't as strong at the back end of the rotation, relievers or closers. The top 3 is pretty comparable which says a lot. The 96-98 seasons where quite ridiculous in Atlanta.
And as I said--- "rotation". I didn't bring set up guys or relief guys or closers into the conversation. I would put the astro's playoff starting rotation up against the Braves starting rotation right now.

I'm paying your braves a compliment.

And as I said--- "rotation". I didn't bring set up guys or relief guys or closers into the conversation. I would put the astro's playoff starting rotation up against the Braves starting rotation right now.

I'm paying your braves a compliment.
Same team, same team. I'm a stros fan. I was ribbing Robococks about his Braves comments a few posts ago. I just was curious and wanted to pull the numbers.

I totally agree, in the playoffs, when you are relying on your top 3, the Stros current rotation is up there as one of the best all time. MAddox, Glavine and Smoltz were crazy good together for most of the 90s, glad the Stros have a comparable rotation. Hope there is someway to keep it together.

Same team, same team. I'm a stros fan. I was ribbing Robococks about his Braves comments a few posts ago. I just was curious and wanted to pull the numbers.

I totally agree, in the playoffs, when you are relying on your top 3, the Stros current rotation is up there as one of the best all time. MAddox, Glavine and Smoltz were crazy good together for most of the 90s, glad the Stros have a comparable rotation. Hope there is someway to keep it together.

Okay, so there hasn't been a staff even assembling the Braves with Maddox, Glavin, Smoltz. This is the closest we have seen. Will it stay intact? Verlander and Greinke are signed till 2021, the astros will just have to sign Cole in the offseason.

Okay, so there hasn't been a staff even assembling the Braves with Maddox, Glavin, Smoltz. This is the closest we have seen. Will it stay intact? Verlander and Greinke are signed till 2021, the astros will just have to sign Cole in the offseason.
Doubtful that will happen, to expensive.
What I wouldn’t mind happening is we sign both Cole and Springer to long term deals and trade/let Correa walk.

Yeah its gonna be tough to keep everyone. Sucks but the Astros cant just resign everyone.

Aaaaaaaand then we took the field.
Taking our pitching not named Verlander or Cole out back for a hitters clinic.

Reactions: freeper
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT