ADVERTISEMENT

Astros Playoffs

This is my fear. The Astros bullpen is the weak link on the team. Makes me pucker up every time a relief pitcher comes in.

I recall the Astros pen being below average when we won in 2017. But we had Keuchel, Verlander, Morton and McCullers. We are missing a solid 4. We could really use Lance right now.

Well the Yankees made short order of the Twins it appears that it's only a matter of time before the Astros take out Tampa. A couple of 100 win teams playing for the American League pennant. And one of those teams is the Yankees. Doesn't get any better than that.

If the Astros lose tonight and then lose game 5, is this the biggest flop in MLB playoffs history?

Looks like we're going back to Houston for game five with Cole pitching. Thing is, if Houston wins this series, our pitching rotation is all jacked up going into the Yankees series. :mad:

I was concerned about the offense after the run production dropped off a bit late in the season and so far it's been a problem this series.

Looks like we're going back to Houston for game five with Cole pitching. Thing is, if Houston wins this series, our pitching rotation is all jacked up going into the Yankees series. :mad:

Ugh this isn't looking good.

Our bats are dead. Pitching maybe key in the playoffs but it still needs offensive support.

If the Astros lose tonight and then lose game 5, is this the biggest flop in MLB playoffs history?
Disappointing for sure but not the worst. TB is the one team I really hoped wouldn't make it because they pretty much had the Astros number all season.

Also, they're no slouch. They won only 11 less games than the Stroz. Hinch needs to do whatever is necessary to win game 5, next series rotation doesn't matter if we lose.

Actually, facing Glasnow is preferable to the "starter" approach. I think our struggle last night was as much the parade of pitchers. Did an Astro hitter face the same pitcher twice?

Actually, facing Glasnow is preferable to the "starter" approach. I think our struggle last night was as much the parade of pitchers. Did an Astro hitter face the same pitcher twice?
Nope. No 2 at bats against the same pitcher last night. If we get out to a lead I fully expect Morton to come in too.

This is going to be a very low scoring game. It might end up 2-1. Houston is very tough to beat at home and Cole is the best pitcher in MLB. I like the Astros chances.

Reactions: Oldmanastro
Well it's official the Nationals have defeated the Dodgers and the Cardinals humiliated the Braves. The Nationals were behind 3/1 in the 8th inning and hit 2 hr's to tie it and hit a grand slam in the 10th to finish the job.

Didn't they change the rule that a pitcher had to pitch an entire inning? All these pitching changes by the Rays is just bonkers.

Well, split the series at home and heading to NY without using Cole yet.
Hitting, especially timely hitting needs to improve.

Go Stros!

Well, split the series at home and heading to NY without using Cole yet.
Hitting, especially timely hitting needs to improve.

Go Stros!

This. They're not hitting well with runners in scoring position.

To steal a line from Major League: Yordan Alvarez has left a small village on the basepath this postseason.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT