ADVERTISEMENT

Astros Playoffs

source.gif

This. They're not hitting well with runners in scoring position.

To steal a line from Major League: Yordan Alvarez has left a small village on the basepath this postseason.
Yeah no kidding.
We need to have a 3 run lead minimum by the time we go the the bullpen.

Over/under on Correa receiving a 98mph fastball to the ribs in NY tomorrow night?

Let's do this Stroz!

This "retaliation" thing is MLB is ridiculous. Let's hope that this kind of thing doesn't happen. If you don't want a guy hitting a home run, then pitch better. You don't see players retaliating in football or basketball if a player "celebrates too much" after they make a good play. Baseball has some goofy unwritten rules. Just stupid. :rolleyes:

This "retaliation" thing is MLB is ridiculous. Let's hope that this kind of thing doesn't happen. If you don't want a guy hitting a home run, then pitch better. You don't see players retaliating in football or basketball if a player "celebrates too much" after they make a good play. Baseball has some goofy unwritten rules. Just stupid. :rolleyes:
Agreed. It's not nearly as prevalent as it used to be but it does still happen every now and then. There's still some traditional baseball purists out there that would view Correas bat drop, salute, slow walk & helmet 3pt shot as major disrespect to their team and the game.
I'd agree if it was a typical mid-game solo hr but this was a walkoff hr in the playoffs, Correas 1st.

Remember back when a pitcher hit a batter they had to tip their hat and if they didn't there'd be a bench emptying meeting at the mound.

Yeah, it's all stupid but I have to admit......... I kinda like it. o_O

Agreed. It's not nearly as prevalent as it used to be but it does still happen every now and then. There's still some traditional baseball purists out there that would view Correas bat drop, salute, slow walk & helmet 3pt shot as major disrespect to their team and the game.
I'd agree if it was a typical mid-game solo hr but this was a walkoff hr in the playoffs, Correas 1st.

Remember back when a pitcher hit a batter they had to tip their hat and if they didn't there'd be a bench emptying meeting at the mound.

Yeah, it's all stupid but I have to admit......... I kinda like it. o_O

Baseball needs to get over it. Don't want a guy to flip his bat or "take too long running the bases" after a HR? Then pitch better. No other sport but baseball do players act all butthurt over a guy "celebrating too much" after a HR. Ridiculous.

Finish it off 4-1, take a 2-1 game lead and home field advantage back.
It will be an interesting game 4 and how each manager handles the pitching. Yankees have definitely used more than Astros.

Taking back home field advantage was huuuuuuge!

Looks like Bregman took the retaliation for Correa. J/k It was just a bad pitch and a bad dodge move. Bregman dodged that ball like armadillos dodge headlights..... JUMP!

Let's get 2 more Stroz!

Supposedly a 2-2-1-1-1 takes too long.........said the league with a 162 game regular season.

Baseball is ridiculous. I know they've played a 162 game season forever, but come on, do you really need that many games to decide who makes the playoffs? Chop the season down to 100 games. That's plenty.

Same with basketball. Do you really need 82 games there too? Chop it down to 60 games there. Hell, 2/3 of the teams in the NBA make the playoffs anyway.

Reactions: DrinkToIt
Baseball is ridiculous. I know they've played a 162 game season forever, but come on, do you really need that many games to decide who makes the playoffs? Chop the season down to 100 games. That's plenty.

Same with basketball. Do you really need 82 games there too? Chop it down to 60 games there. Hell, 2/3 of the teams in the NBA make the playoffs anyway.
Sing it with me now----

Ready?

Money money money Mooney!

Mooooooooooneey!

Sing it with me now----

Ready?

Money money money Mooney!

Mooooooooooneey!

You got that right! As much sense as it makes to shorten baseball and basketball seasons, it'll never happen for that reason. Regular season basketball is unwatchable. Regular season baseball is watchable, but the games would mean more if the season were shorter.

You got that right! As much sense as it makes to shorten baseball and basketball seasons, it'll never happen for that reason. Regular season basketball is unwatchable. Regular season baseball is watchable, but the games would mean more if the season were shorter.

144 would be plenty. Or..... Go back to top 2 teams in each league play to advance to world series. After 162 games you dont need 5 teams advancing per league.

So apparently tipping is cheating? Isn’t tipping similar to tells in Poker? You see it and take advantage of it. Can’t help it if your opponent gives away their hand or in baseball their next pitch.

It's all about the benjamins (to quote Ilhan Omar). More playoff games mean more money.

Saw that Yankees fans were taunting Zack Grienke last night about his battle with social anxiety and depression. Wow. Stay classy, NY fans. :rolleyes:

That, and the whining about stealing signs, whistling about pitches, etc.
It’s getting old and they are reaching cause they know they are in trouble.
Boone is really beginning to feel the heat about some of his decisions.
I like it!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT