ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball

You're kidding yourself if you think CDC isn't going to use the tournament as a measuring stick for what to do with Terry. This team has done exactly what they were supposed to have done at this point so I don't put any extra stock into what they have accomplished. Go get to the Final Four and then we can talk about retaining him.
I agree with this. An elite 8 appearance may be enough, but personally, I would prefer a final four. That may sound too greedy, but Beard laid the foundation for this whole season. The B12 tourney win was without one of KU’s best players in McCullars. Not saying Texas wouldn’t have won anyway, but something to think about. Coach Terry is a class act.

Reactions: Hoookem722
I agree with this. An elite 8 appearance may be enough, but personally, I would prefer a final four. That may sound too greedy, but Beard laid the foundation for this whole season. The B12 tourney win was without one of KU’s best players in McCullars. Not saying Texas wouldn’t have won anyway, but something to think about. Coach Terry is a class act.
Too be fair Texas beat KU with McCullers the week before.

Reactions: westx
On a side note.... I was looking at Yahoo sports at an article about final 4 predictions from 30 " experts"..... Almost half had Texas in the final 4 and 3 or 4 had them winning...

I was coaching at a D2 school in Indiana when BCG was at Kentucky. One of our mens basketball assistant had ties to Kentucky. He said that Kentucky had to hire a driver to shuttle him around because of drinking issues. There were also issues of him getting into with fans while being drunk in a bar. After that he goes to Tech and has a terrible record and has tons of player and staff turnover and resigns before the start of the second season. He would be a terrible fit a Texas.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
On a side note.... I was looking at Yahoo sports at an article about final 4 predictions from 30 " experts"..... Almost half had Texas in the final 4 and 3 or 4 had them winning...
I mean why not? We’ve got one of most older, experienced teams in the country, peaking at the right time. Got a really good back court, which goes a long way in the tournament.
Can Terry lead them, at this point isn’t it up to the players? They know what they need to do by now. RT can just give some guidance, a game plan, and substitute properly.
I had no issue putting them in the final four, but hesitantly put them to win.

Meanwhile, my BFS has me nervous as hell about toothpaste, and even a possible second round against little step-brother.

I will say this, if we get by the first weekend, it’ll be like we can finally take a deep breath, and we could really get on a roll.

If anyone is watching to UVA/ Furman game right now that’s why ADS shouldn’t base their decisions on 1 NCAA tournament game.

It ain't just one NCAA tournament game. That's the FOURTH time Tony Bennett has lost in the first round as a favorite. Ouch!
Don’t get me wrong I’m not a Tony Bennett fan for that reason. I was using it as an example of why saying “well if Rodney Terry wins this game he’s the coach it not he’s not”

He’s either the right guy or he isn’t. Basing it on the result of one single NCAA tournament game is not a good idea.

Oh my aching back Princeton beat AZ. Number 2 seeds have lost before hell even Duke did. But losing to the Ivy League is downright embarrassing.

Rice 4 3’s to star the game. Dude is shooting lights out. Horns throwing Colgates game right back at them.

Reactions: okiehorn
If we play a team with big physical posts we are outta there. We get pushed around way too easily in the paint.

Reactions: westx
Well, what are the odds two #2 seeds lose in the first round? I should feel better…but I don’t. Damn you BFS!

Two monster upsets on the first day so far. March Madness is in full swing. The end of that Furman game was unbelievable!

they stalled us out with the zone. thinking we'll adjust. we're up 9 on a team that needs us to slow things down to give them a chance. it could get hairy early in the 2nd half, but we'll be fine

Btw, Auburn won, so Houston has to play a road game against them in the second round. Upset special.

Our defense is making #15 look like Iverson. He just dribbles on by our defense.

Meanwhile, my BFS has me nervous as hell about toothpaste, and even a possible second round against little step-brother.

I will say this, if we get by the first weekend, it’ll be like we can finally take a deep breath, and we could really get on a roll.
It won’t surprise me at all if Aggy goes down tonight against Penn State.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
If you’re tired of boring college athlete interviews, you should look up Nick Smith Jr of Arkansas post game interview today. Very likable kid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT