ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball

Why is Terry so confused? Carr has been a turnover machine today. Give him some bench time to re-group. Put in Morris.

Reactions: horn wild
Man Carr is flat out shitting the bed this 2nd half. This game should not be close. Way too many unforced errors.

he sat and got it together. he's good.

man, disu's development has been fun to watch! i was always kinda meh about him but in the last month or so, he's been outstanding!

we only have 3 team fouls so we can be aggressive defensively the rest of the way.

One win away from CDC being in a really tough spot. Maybe the toughest he’s ever been as Texas AD

I was coaching at a D2 school in Indiana when BCG was at Kentucky. One of our mens basketball assistant had ties to Kentucky. He said that Kentucky had to hire a driver to shuttle him around because of drinking issues. There were also issues of him getting into with fans while being drunk in a bar. After that he goes to Tech and has a terrible record and has tons of player and staff turnover and resigns before the start of the second season. He would be a terrible fit a Texas.
I heard whispers. But never heard it was THAT bad.

This isn’t really what Texas does but if you wanted to find the next great coach… the Penn state coach is your guy. He’s probably going to Notre Dame though

Not if he hires Billy Donovan. That’s a no freaking brainer
Yeah but that’s kinda the point if he doesn’t want to hire Terry and from what you read, hear and know about CDC he doesn’t want to. The more Terry wins the only name that you could sell is Billy Donovan or Jay wright. Neither of which are locks to come at all

Yeah but that’s kinda the point if he doesn’t want to hire Terry and from what you read, hear and know about CDC he doesn’t want to. The more Terry wins the only name that you could sell is Billy Donovan or Jay wright. Neither of which are locks to come at all
I would almost bet if those are his targets that there’s already been some reaching out to see if there’s interest. I would say you have to at least make those 2 guys tell you no after you offer them big money.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
I would almost bet if those are his targets that there’s already been some reaching out to see if there’s interest. I would say you have to at least make those 2 guys tell you no after you offer them big money.
Oh I’m sure Texas has already reached out. I think that’s how the Donovan rumors got started is Texas has reached out. I read an interview with Jay wright the other day. Think I posted it here. Didn’t sound like a guy who is wanting to coach right now. If he has been approached he probably has declined or will. Donovan who knows.

CDC better not mess this up. It ain’t complicated. RT will earn the job if he leads us into the Sweet 16. If he drags this out he risks losing RT to another school and then we have no other viable options. Stop messing around and offer him the job with one more tournament victory.

Reactions: freeper
Houston struggling to put away Northern Kentucky. Sasser couldn’t go in the 2nd half. Wouldn’t be surprised. If Auburn beats them Saturday. They kinda got screwed having to play auburn in Birmingham

This here been an emotional, Intense, and dramatic season at TX like nothing we've ever seen.

This is such a great story let's talk more about this.

And I want Rodney Terry as the next coach at Texas.

This here been an emotional, Intense, and dramatic season at TX like nothing we've ever seen.

This is such a great story let's talk more about this.

And I want Rodney Terry as the next coach at Texas.
That’s kind of the sad part about this year. Because of the situation that Chris Beard put himself and the school in and because the school has let this situation drag out with coach Terry it’s kinda overshadowed what the players have done

Andrew Funk putting on a shooting clinic against the Aggies. Jalen Pickett is arguably the best all around player in college basketball. Penn State is going to be one tough out. They’re rolling right now. I can hope they are blowing their whole wad tonight

Andrew Funk putting on a shooting clinic against the Aggies. Jalen Pickett is arguably the best all around player in college basketball. Penn State is going to be one tough out. They’re rolling right now. I can hope they are blowing their whole wad tonight
Keep in mind Colgate was the best 3 point shooting team in the country. Texas when they lock in is capable of defending anyone in the country

Reactions: Archmadness
I think the Aggies will roll over PSU and will give UT all they can handle. They get after it and play hard. Buzz is a terrific coach. I also agree with the previous poster - I'm not sure getting to the Sweet 16 guarantees the job for Terry, but losing to ATM will guarantee NOT getting the job. This will be the most watched 2nd round game.
Whelp, we were both wrong. I had aggy giving US a hard time.
I do like the fact that RT is about 3 rows up scouting the game. He and Ogden have really grown on me.
Put me in the boat of its either Wright or Donovan, and if not, RT.

That’s kind of the sad part about this year. Because of the situation that Chris Beard put himself and the school in and because the school has let this situation drag out with coach Terry it’s kinda overshadowed what the players have done
No what the whole team has done including coach Terry and his staff.

I’m sorry but this whole tournament was rigged against aggy. Not only getting a lower seed, but being forced to sit and watch Texas advance before their game? Not fair.

They already knew they had no shot in the next round, so their poor little hearts were just not in this game. Damn shame what’s happening to so many sheep tonight.

Aggies defense was atrocious tonight. We have to be locked in on guarding the 3 against PSU. We need to stay home with their shooters and allow Pickett to play one on one. Let him take most of their shots. His game is predicated on the defense coming over to help so he can find his shooters. We have to put some size on him. Probably Timmy Allen to start and then Brock. He killed the Aggies by taking advantage of mismatches with smaller guards.

Vegas has Texas opening as a 6.5 point favorite

Game time is Saturday at 6:25

CDC better not mess this up. It ain’t complicated. RT will earn the job if he leads us into the Sweet 16. If he drags this out he risks losing RT to another school and then we have no other viable options. Stop messing around and offer him the job with one more tournament victory.
I like RT. I like his personality. He's not a polished turd. I hope he can manage behind the scenes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT