ADVERTISEMENT

Baylor gets a little more rapey

Umm, the scandal had broken. It was the reason for the conversation. There was already enough info out there, to know he was scum. It's good to see that you had a change of heart, though. I didn't know that you were part of that group that defended him.
Just because a scandal hits the press doesn't mean that the person is scum, or even guilty of anything. Briles did some good things on his way up, in terms of helping other coaches. Even if he hadn't, the man deserves due process and benefit of the doubt.

And, no, I'm not asserting that Briles is entirely innocent, either. It looks like he isn't. And ditto with Ken Starr. But we have people saying he's worse than Barry Switzer, and I just don't think we know that (yet). Even worse, we have people supporting the assassination of Briles and Starr (and then claiming that they didn't, and I should ST*U for calling them out on it).

You want evidence when the BU troll tries to distract with suspicions of adultery with Coach Strong. I'm sure Baylor fans would prefer we stick with the evidence here.

Last edited:
Reactions: outhereincali
...Now please don't confuse that with me thinking what Baylor is doing is okay because I believe that is awful and should be handled with the greatest amount of law enforcement possible and that if it comes out that Briles knew this then he should never be able to coach again at any level and that the administrators should never be able to cash a check again.
Ahmad Dixon says that Briles knew right away -- he was shocked how quickly -- when the girl accused him of sexual assault. Apparently, Briles has someone in the Waco PD informing him.

Oh, and use some periods, man. That paragraph is all one sentence.

Likewise...even fam will fight, but they let go and keep it pushing. But you shouldn't regret it, it's just something we both learn from, and are better for it. As in next time, I would know how to handle myself better, in that kind of situation. No need for me to be that aggressive...nobody gets one in the win column for having an ego.
Underrated post. Very true.

Reactions: LonghornSoldier
I don't see Briles going anywhere......unless this gathers much more national attention.

Thing is, the national media just doesn't care about BU that much. They care a little when they win games. But they aren't a big enough name to move the needle on the average day.

Murder in Washington DC at the White House moves the needle for say every single newspaper in the world. Same exact murder in middle of nowhere Montana, doesn't even make every Montana newspaper.

Pretty much the same deal here. If it was a blueblood school, we'd be seeing this story everywhere. The only reason it hasn't gone away, is because it is that bad. But hardly anyone is paying attention outside of the few hours surrounding Waco.....because its BU.

Reactions: swVAHorn
I don't see Briles going anywhere......unless this gathers much more national attention.

Thing is, the national media just doesn't care about BU that much. They care a little when they win games. But they aren't a big enough name to move the needle on the average day.

Murder in Washington DC at the White House moves the needle for say every single newspaper in the world. Same exact murder in middle of nowhere Montana, doesn't even make every Montana newspaper.

Pretty much the same deal here. If it was a blueblood school, we'd be seeing this story everywhere. The only reason it hasn't gone away, is because it is that bad. But hardly anyone is paying attention outside of the few hours surrounding Waco.....because its BU.
And that sums up a lot of what is wrong with this world. All true.

For those that think this isn't a national story I disagree. I listen to satellite radio and this story is the main topic this past week on the sports channels over the NBA playoffs.

Something about this scandal that hasn't been mentioned yet on this board.

Baylor as we all know is a Baptist school. It's charter is providing a quality education with a Christian mission of something something like that. There is a site that lists the 10 most religious schools in the country and Baylor along with schools like ND and BYU is on that list every year and In that regard it casts Baylor in a negative light.

And from what I've read on some of their sites a lot of alums and former players, and students who take this mission seriously are calling for people to step down. A lot of these people are season ticket holders and the fact that former fb players are calling for resignation says a lot. Lastly there are about a hailf dozen alums, rich old white men as described by some, who are fighting tooth and nail against this scandal. They don't want the fb success to be derailed.

And this sad because when there are scandals like this at other schools alums put the success in athletics above all else.

Last edited:
it will continue to be a big story. There are plenty of mainstream media types that will put together the Ken Starr connection and then the long swords will come out. They'd love to take a shot at him. Also, it swerves into the big issue of violence toward women by privileged athletes and the attempt to cover up. ala Ray Rice.

Wasn't Briles briefly in the running for our HC after Mack? IIRC he didnt want to lower himself by actually having to interview for the job. If do I guess that may be one thing Patterson handled well.

Yes, that's the case.

Didn't want that sorry POS then, and I'm especially glad we don't have him now.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
This showed up on 247 from Real Bear......dont know if it is the same realbear as was once here, but if it in anyway reflects what baylor fans really think, then they are more lost than I ever imagined
RealBear said... (original post)

There was a huge thread on ShaggyBevo at one time. Surprisingly, lots of longhorn hating and accusing fat ass ketchem for stealing the money drom the charity. Purportedly.

So fatass ketch really set them off by threatening his own LH fanbase with libel suits. The redneck tshirt shaggy posters basically gave fatass the middle finger!

Ketch is nothing but white trash! I loved that thread. I am amazed he has the rival orangeblood bully pulpit to espouse his vicious lies.

Of course Hitler was nothing but a freaking corporal.

What it tells us is that cowards look for a spokesman to front them and their hateful views. UT is using fatass to hide behind to carry thir jealous hate banner agaist Baylor.

They hate the nation and state looking at Baylor as the king in Texas. They will stoop to any level to try to regain their former status.

Baylor, our graduates, our fans, Baptists and fair minded people everywhere must unite to show we will stand and fight for truth and justice and beat back the dark side.

Everyone should remember this next time one feels like showing weakness, by calling to end this turmoil by firing Starr or possibly, Briles.

These folks get their jollies by reading such things as it inspires them to keep attacking with their vicious poison. They know Baylor and Briles will keep dominating them on a level playing field.

If they can just destroy our recruiting while improving theirs and at the same time adopt our prolific offense, that will carry them back to the promised land.

Morality, ethics and integity [sic] are not in their vocabulary.

Now my friends, these same people believe that the world is flat. "They hate the nation and state looking at Baylor as the king in Texas"

This showed up on 247 from Real Bear......dont know if it is the same realbear as was once here, but if it in anyway reflects what baylor fans really think, then they are more lost than I ever imagined
RealBear said... (original post)

There was a huge thread on ShaggyBevo at one time. Surprisingly, lots of longhorn hating and accusing fat ass ketchem for stealing the money drom the charity. Purportedly.

So fatass ketch really set them off by threatening his own LH fanbase with libel suits. The redneck tshirt shaggy posters basically gave fatass the middle finger!

Ketch is nothing but white trash! I loved that thread. I am amazed he has the rival orangeblood bully pulpit to espouse his vicious lies.

Of course Hitler was nothing but a freaking corporal.

What it tells us is that cowards look for a spokesman to front them and their hateful views. UT is using fatass to hide behind to carry thir jealous hate banner agaist Baylor.

They hate the nation and state looking at Baylor as the king in Texas. They will stoop to any level to try to regain their former status.

Baylor, our graduates, our fans, Baptists and fair minded people everywhere must unite to show we will stand and fight for truth and justice and beat back the dark side.

Everyone should remember this next time one feels like showing weakness, by calling to end this turmoil by firing Starr or possibly, Briles.

These folks get their jollies by reading such things as it inspires them to keep attacking with their vicious poison. They know Baylor and Briles will keep dominating them on a level playing field.

If they can just destroy our recruiting while improving theirs and at the same time adopt our prolific offense, that will carry them back to the promised land.

Morality, ethics and integity [sic] are not in their vocabulary.

Now my friends, these same people believe that the world is flat. "They hate the nation and state looking at Baylor as the king in Texas"

Yup... that is the same idiot realbear that used to be here.... and I LOVE how much slander he tosses out and then includes BAPTISTS in his group of backers.... funny how most "Christians" dont know or live by what their precious book says...... we wont even get in to the fact that this is a NATIONAL story being covered by EVERYONE.... and I feel like Briles and Starr may not make it through the summer as this stuff gains traction... wouldnt be surprised to see soem Waco PD go down too....

Yes, that's the case.

Didn't want that sorry POS then, and I'm especially glad we don't have him now.

I could be wrong I often am :)

but I thought the only people that Patterson was interested in was coach Strong and the guy that's at Penn State now Franklin, can't remember his first name.

I could be wrong I often am :)

but I thought the only people that Patterson was interested in was coach Strong and the guy that's at Penn State now Franklin, can't remember his first name.

There was rumor Texas was interested in Briles, but Briles would not interview and Patterson would not hire without an interview. In all fairness, if I'm Briles I don't interview either. if he's not offered the job, he's screwed his good graces at baylor. He wanted the job straight up and we wouldn't play that game. Now I'm sure the hell glad we stuck to our guns.

Reactions: Scholz
There was rumor Texas was interested in Briles, but Briles would not interview and Patterson would not hire without an interview. In all fairness, if I'm Briles I don't interview either. if he's not offered the job, he's screwed his good graces at baylor. He wanted the job straight up and we wouldn't play that game. Now I'm sure the hell glad we stuck to our guns.
That's GD right. Plus we ended up getting his playbook anyway without the extra baggage of scummy human being.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT