ADVERTISEMENT

Baylor gets a little more rapey

War room:

We'll start this edition of the War Room off with a little discussion about the Baylor rape scandal as it relates to The University of Texas and the Big 12.

One high-level source within the University of Texas food chain told me on Thursday that people within the UT system and the rest of the schools in the Big 12 are keeping very close tabs on what is taking place in regards to the Baylor's response to its own independent review from Pepper Hamilton.

The same source indicated the following to me:

a. There has been and there will continue to be communication between Baylor and the rest of the schools within the Big 12 in the coming days and weeks. It has been strongly expressed by those inside the conference, and not just at Texas, that it is in Baylor's best long-term interests to send a very strong public message in regards to all that has happened and all that is in the Pepper Hamilton investigation report.

b. If Baylor doesn't take strong enough action in the eyes of those at Texas and at the other schools around the Big 12, it could have very big implications on the future of the league.

What does that mean? It means that if Baylor continues to embarrass the rest of the schools in the Big 12, this source indicated that the incentive to include Baylor in any of UT's long-term plans will decrease significantly.

"Why would we want to be associated with that?" the source asked me. "Nothing is going to happen any time soon, but there's a growing sentiment that we just don't want to be associated with them. I would label the current view of what we're watching as disgusting."

Let me make sure to stress that this info comes from a single source (I have reached out to other sources tonight and haven't yet heard back from them), but it comes from a high enough place that I thought it warranted sharing in this week's War Room.

Stay tuned. (Ketch)

He should have already been fired. When I saw the mod on this very board stand up for Briles, along with others around here, it made me want to vomit. I thought they were all apart of the same club or something. Who would send their kid to play for that maggot? Why would you defend that enabler?

Last edited:
so I guess this means Baylor is fixing to slide back to the basement and be sealed in. Hope their fans enjoyed the small bit of relevancy this got them.

Not so fast my friend. Copy Kansas State and bring back Teaff!

LMAO - Snyder at K-State was always a winner... what he did with that program is unmatched.... Teaff wont be able to sustain or build on what Briles has done to this point.... and with the damaging info flying out of Waco about all of this, I doubt any high profile coach will even look twice at Baylor for a long, long time.... I have a feeling Baylor just reserved Door Mat status in CFB yet again.....

He should have already been fired. When I saw the mod on this very board stand up for Briles, along with others around here, it made me want to vomit. I thought they were all apart of the same club or something. Who would send their kid to play for that maggot? Why would you defend that enabler?

Along with the moderator I to complimented Briles. But at the time we said it the tale scandal had not broken out. Naturally I have a different opinion about Briles now.

Do you remember former TT coach Spike Dykes? He told a story about when he was a high school coach he pointed out an 18 wheeler next to the stadium. He told his team that every piece of furniture he owned was in that truck and he said they told him to leave town if he lost the game. He said those idiots actually believed him. He said some of them are now doctors and lawyers and they still haven't figured it out that he made the story up. When questioned why he did that he joked that if you're not willing to do whatever it takes to win regardless of the rules you don't belong in coaching.

He may have been joking when he said that but Art Briles has done what most college coaches do once the team starts winning.

LMAO - Snyder at K-State was always a winner... what he did with that program is unmatched.... Teaff wont be able to sustain or build on what Briles has done to this point.... and with the damaging info flying out of Waco about all of this, I doubt any high profile coach will even look twice at Baylor for a long, long time.... I have a feeling Baylor just reserved Door Mat status in CFB yet again.....
Tongue in cheek. Teaff is old enough to be Snyder's father.

Art Briles is the devil himself. I can't believe that people actually defended that piece of shit, including a few Longhorn fans on this site. He allowed that environment to be...wins over morals.

Yep, I've been saying he's a snake for a long time. Just sittin back and enjoying the sh*t show now.

Reactions: Texxxxas
You know we've recently had some bad kids. I can't remember the other kids name but along with Montrell Meander who knows what really happened. Who knows what really happened with Case McCoy and Jordan Hicks? But that was before the new coach. Even if Charlie Strong doesn't make it and has to be let go, we should all appreciate his core values especially in regards of respect towards women. And in light of the scandal at Baylor, and there will be another rape scandal at a school soon, we are fortunate to have a man like coach Strong who didn't just pay lip service but really took steps to make sure his players showed respect towards women.

A few things I've noticed on a Baylor board recently. The BOR is going to be meeting before the end of the month. It said that the chairman's term will expire at the end of the month and he wants to make a decision about Briles's and Starr's future before it does. Word around the Waco campfire says he's really angry with Starr about this.

More will be revealed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Metcalf #2
I'm with you 100%. Which is why I'm trying to figure out why he framed his statement as parties taking "sides".
diadevic you are the one trying to frame it that way..you said it was pathetic he was sucking up...enemies can agree on certain things and this is one of those things....trying to deflect from what is being said won't change anything about how the world sees Baylor right now.

Along with the moderator I to complimented Briles. But at the time we said it the tale scandal had not broken out. Naturally I have a different opinion about Briles now.

Do you remember former TT coach Spike Dykes? He told a story about when he was a high school coach he pointed out an 18 wheeler next to the stadium. He told his team that every piece of furniture he owned was in that truck and he said they told him to leave town if he lost the game. He said those idiots actually believed him. He said some of them are now doctors and lawyers and they still haven't figured it out that he made the story up. When questioned why he did that he joked that if you're not willing to do whatever it takes to win regardless of the rules you don't belong in coaching.

He may have been joking when he said that but Art Briles has done what most college coaches do once the team starts winning.

Umm, the scandal had broken. It was the reason for the conversation. There was already enough info out there, to know he was scum. It's good to see that you had a change of heart, though. I didn't know that you were part of that group that defended him.

Last edited:
Reactions: LonghornSoldier
Remember Montrel Meander? Remember why he was kicked off the team? Before there was even a trial?

Coach Strong came in and talked about core values among them being respect to women. Because we didn't have a good team, he was mocked by other teams fans especially Baylor. I looked at their boards and read it myself.

Who's being mocked now?
Respecting women includes having sex with them even they are married to a prominent booster.

Respecting women includes having sex with them even they are married to a prominent booster.

New member... and already a shitty troll.....bravo junior.... you do realize that posting lies about high profile persons with absolutley NO proof is grounds for one hell of a lawsuit.... sound like a bitter UoL fan, or just a Texas hater.... but I would give you the benefit of the doubt and say you are both..... now why dont you run back to the kids table with the rest of the underdeveloped minds that TRY to troll the board and let the grown folk get back to discussing things.

Reactions: swVAHorn
Umm, the scandal had broken. It was the reason for the conversation. There was already enough info out there, to know he was scum. It's good to see that you had a change of heart, though. I didn't know that you were part of that group that defended him.

Ya know Texxxxas, we had words and did our own back and forth over stuff awhile back.... but I kept a watch on you and I must say that you are one of the better posters on here.I regret we had to have our issue for whatever reason, but you are a solid guy as far as I go. I think I understand your style a little better now too.

Reactions: Texxxxas
Ya know Texxxxas, we had words and did our own back and forth over stuff awhile back.... but I kept a watch on you and I must say that you are one of the better posters on here.I regret we had to have our issue for whatever reason, but you are a solid guy as far as I go. I think I understand your style a little better now too.

Likewise...even fam will fight, but they let go and keep it pushing. But you shouldn't regret it, it's just something we both learn from, and are better for it. As in next time, I would know how to handle myself better, in that kind of situation. No need for me to be that aggressive...nobody gets one in the win column for having an ego.

There have been times, Texxxxas and I would've definitely come to blows if we had met in a bar. I have a feeling we'd end up helping each other up and buying each other beers afterward though. He's good people, just very opinionated and damn sure gonna speak his mind, like me.

I think something will happen before Big 12 media days this summer. Because this will be the forefront of all questions for Briles/Baylor and other Big 12 members/commish. This is not going away. What pisses me off is BU is using it's "private" school status to shield itself from responding.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal

Look smart *** Coach Strong did not have that kind of relationship with the woman. She was involved in a nasty divorce and the husband was throwing all sorts of **** at the wall to see if something was true. It wasn't.

I thought and still do think that Art Briles, has a brilliant offensive mind there's no denying that. And Baylor is actually at a point where they now sign the best offensive talent in Texas and that's why I respect him.

I don't know if he's scum. Barry Switzer? Yes Jerry Tarkanian? Yes But as the face of a football program that now has a national profile he has to take a stand, regardless of how much or how little involvement he had. He has to take a principled stand when something even remotely resembling this scandal happens. Whether he was involved or not, whether he has to step down or not, his silence has damaged his image, his reputation, and his University.

I thought and still do think that Art Briles, has a brilliant offensive mind there's no denying that. And Baylor is actually at a point where they now sign the best offensive talent in Texas and that's why I respect him.

I don't know if he's scum. Barry Switzer? Yes Jerry Tarkanian? Yes But as the face of a football program that now has a national profile he has to take a stand, regardless of how much or how little involvement he had. He has to take a principled stand when something even remotely resembling this scandal happens. Whether he was involved or not, whether he has to step down or not, his silence has damaged his image, his reputation, and his University.

He knew..... no doubt about it.... he probaby knew A LOT.... waaay to much being swept under the rug for him to not have known. He needs to step down before they fire him at the end of the investigation. This scandal is damaging more than Baylors athletics.. it is damaging the BRAND of the school itself... and sitting right at the top of the shit pile is Briles and the AD.. and i think both will be gone before the year is done.

They say the cream rises to the top. Sadly however....not as fast as the scum. Briles really is more like Jackie Sherrill than Baylor folks want to admit. Then there is this....Briles...may...not ...survive...into...the...summer.

When that happens the baylor faithful will collectively shake their fists to the heavens and blame Texas...the media...the victims...and anyone but Briles. That is sad....normal, expected, but sad.

They say the cream rises to the top. Sadly however....not as fast as the scum. Briles really is more like Jackie Sherrill than Baylor folks want to admit. Then there is this....Briles...may...not ...survive...into...the...summer.

When that happens the baylor faithful will collectively shake their fists to the heavens and blame Texas...the media...the victims...and anyone but Briles. That is sad....normal, expected, but sad.

Fwiw, my Baylor family members and childhood friends who are season ticket holders want Briles, Starr, and the ad Ian Mcgraw to all step down. My cousin said that there is a growing number of students, and former players who are calling for Briles and Starr to step down. I don't have the link but I read a story about a Baylor coed who was raped and not by a player. She reported to the police, and told her story, her life story, to Starr himself. He said you have an amazing life story and then did nothing. The point is he's doing nothing about violence towards women at his school he's not just protecting fb players.

It's not that I don't have any anger towards Art Briles, far from it. But Ken Starr is personal to me and I don't have to explain his past to you I'm sure you know. But to do what he did and then cover up, do nothing about something far more serious, when it's his duty as school President to do so ....... Sooner or later this Pepper report is going to be made public Ken Starr can't bury it this time and if Ken Starr is culpable he will be subject of much deserved scorn and the country will remind him of Clinton/Lewinsky.

When that happens it will be karma and I will enjoy the h*** out of it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT