ADVERTISEMENT

Brick

Have wonder if Clint Hurtt is lined up and Brick is looking for a landing spot.

Getting permission is a courtesy not a requirement. Haley leaving for aggy would suck. He really came through this year recruiting.

The kind of coaching turnover we are having is not good.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
Vaughn is the only surprise so far. New OC's installing a new offense usually bring their guys in to do it.

Going into your 3rd season and being on your 2nd OC, 3rd WR coach, 2nd DL coach, 2nd DB coach, 2nd RB coach, 2nd TE coach, and 2nd OL coach is certainly surprising to me.

Going into your 3rd season and being on your 2nd OC, 3rd WR coach, 2nd DL coach, 2nd DB coach, 2nd RB coach, 2nd TE coach, and 2nd OL coach is certainly surprising to me.
Isn't it 3rd OC? Watson, Norvell, now Sterling Gilbert? Or you don't consider Norvell? He never did get to install "his" offense I guess.

Funny Luicci writes there is a plan in place but follows up that a plan B is in place. This guys is pretty amazing.

Higdon says Brick has not talked to Sumlin.

Looking like the media got Haley talking in BCS confused with Haley talking to Sumlin

Reactions: Dogged Horn
This is Charlie's team, he can run it how he feels is best for success. I just want success on the field, or his ass is gone.

Time will tell if these are good moves or not.

Texas should never lose a coach we want to keep because of money, I get it that guys leave because they see opportunity with other schools, but lateral changes should never happen if we are happy with that coach and his results.

Texas should never lose a coach we want to keep because of money, I get it that guys leave because they see opportunity with other schools, but lateral changes should never happen if we are happy with that coach and his results.
Yes. But you're assuming he left for money.

Some might leave because they see some writing on the wall, and want to get out on their own accord.

Not that this is the situation, but it's a legitimate hypothesis.

TX 1972 come again?

Not sure why brick would leave after this D-Line Haul. Got to be excited to get them on campus. Possibly the Chavis tie is tight.

Where is there any evidence that Brick has any interest in College Station? People act like his bags are packed. Just because he was speaking at a conference there doesn't mean he's leaving.

Let him go..the aggies can have him

A&M has made an official offer to Coach Haley and it will be more money than he's making in Austin.

They mentioned this one could come down to whether or not Texas wants to make a counter offer.

Rumor on Twitter that if Haley makes lateral move to A&M that Texas will go after DL Coach Sean Spencer of Penn State. Just a rumor right now and long way until we reach that point just throwing it out there. Not sure how much truth there may be here.

TX 1972 come again?

Not sure why brick would leave after this D-Line Haul. Got to be excited to get them on campus. Possibly the Chavis tie is tight.
That's the line just before the previous quote. Guess you didn't listen to Dylan that much.

The coaching turnover isn't that big a deal.
If Vaughn is about to be hit with NCAA sanctions he'd be replaced anyway.
Anytime you change OC's there is going to be some new postion coaches. Idealy you'd like to have the same staff but with the money today and as many head jobs as we're open there is going to be a lot of movement.

It's not like these coaches are leaving for stability either. One coach went to LSU and Brick might go to A&M. Both coaches on the same thin ice Strong is on. Maybe thinner.

Last edited:
I spent a lot of time last year complaining about the lack of production from our Dline. Not sure as a coach where he was that great. Also not sure as a recruiter what he did. Most of the quotes I saw from last year were about how Strong closed the deal with a lot of these kids.

I know Strong was leading the recruitment for Fowler, Elliott, and Daniels, not sure about the others.

With that said, if Brick choses to leave for aggsy he is stepping into his own nest of hornets, it's a matter of when not if, they fire Sumlin.

I spent a lot of time last year complaining about the lack of production from our Dline. Not sure as a coach where he was that great. Also not sure as a recruiter what he did. Most of the quotes I saw from last year were about how Strong closed the deal with a lot of these kids.

I know Strong was leading the recruitment for Fowler, Elliott, and Daniels, not sure about the others.

With that said, if Brick choses to leave for aggsy he is stepping into his own nest of hornets, it's a matter of when not if, they fire Sumlin.
LSU has nothing good to say about haley ;) like I said...let atm have him.

On the radio this morning, they are saying this is about Haley's relationship with Chavis. Chavis is a mentor to Haley, apparently a "father figure". It sounds like it is all up in the air, but where there is smoke...
I'm not too concerned with many of these changes given the circumstances, I just hope the new recruits stay excited

Rumors that aggy is offering Brick 3 years guaranteed. Texas isn't going to touch that as they'd have to extend it to the other coaches too.

On the radio this morning, they are saying this is about Haley's relationship with Chavis. Chavis is a mentor to Haley, apparently a "father figure". It sounds like it is all up in the air, but where there is smoke...
I'm not too concerned with many of these changes given the circumstances, I just hope the new recruits stay excited
Once coaches start interviewing other places you might as well cut ties with them. Cut the cord....

The coaching turnover isn't that big a deal.
If Vaughn is about to be hit with NCAA sanctions he'd be replaced anyway.
Anytime you change OC's there is going to be some new postion coaches. Idealy you'd like to have the same staff but with the money today and as many head jobs as we're open there is going to be a lot of movement.

It's not like these coaches are leaving for stability either. One coach went to LSU and Brick might go to A&M. Both coaches on the same thin ice Strong is on. Maybe thinner.

I disagree. Constant turnover causes major consistency problems. Each one individually isn't a big deal, but all of them together and pretty much every year is.

Rumors that aggy is offering Brick 3 years guaranteed. Texas isn't going to touch that as they'd have to extend it to the other coaches too.

Salary offered by aggy rumor is $400K. Texas is paying Brick $235K. I don't know how he could pass up $1.2mil guaranteed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT