Brick

If he stays at Texas, will Texas even put out a statement? My guess would be no, they will take more of a "nothing to see here" approach, but there is a part of me that would love to see them rub it in on Sumlin

Reactions: Dogged Horn
Another whiff by the aggys. :D

giphy.gif

so he is gone...right ???? ;) pathetic they tried to buy a recruiter when chavis makes 1.7mil and hates to recruit. They need to get that fat lazy tard off the couch and make him hit the pavement to go after these kids. Just dumb. Just shows how lazy a coach sumlin is.
I don't think Sumlin is lazy at all. I think his approach isn't very good. He is now trying to create this nation wide brand with recruiting by sending out all kinds of offers all around the country. He does get a lot of kids to come and visit and even get them on the final 3 list. Meanwhile, kids right under his nose in Texas are ripe for the picking. He puts a lot of hope in some of these out of state kids while there is plenty of talent right here. I think the past 2 years he has really tried to spend too much time outside the state of Texas. A&M isn't at the point where they can draw many kids from out of state. Alabama, LSU, Georgia, etc can do that because of their brand name and success on the field. Sumlin is trying to create that without the success on the field and it doesn't work that way. Lock down the kids in Texas...build a winner...THEN go talk to kids who have seen you play for something. Lazy he is not..his mind set to me is just off.

And by the way..congrats on keeping Brick. I would have liked to have had him last year and once again A&M screwed up by not going and getting him then when they got Chavis.

I don't think Sumlin is lazy at all. I think his approach isn't very good. He is now trying to create this nation wide brand with recruiting by sending out all kinds of offers all around the country. He does get a lot of kids to come and visit and even get them on the final 3 list. Meanwhile, kids right under his nose in Texas are ripe for the picking. He puts a lot of hope in some of these out of state kids while there is plenty of talent right here. I think the past 2 years he has really tried to spend too much time outside the state of Texas. A&M isn't at the point where they can draw many kids from out of state. Alabama, LSU, Georgia, etc can do that because of their brand name and success on the field. Sumlin is trying to create that without the success on the field and it doesn't work that way. Lock down the kids in Texas...build a winner...THEN go talk to kids who have seen you play for something. Lazy he is not..his mind set to me is just off.

And by the way..congrats on keeping Brick. I would have liked to have had him last year and once again A&M screwed up by not going and getting him then when they got Chavis.

The pitch is wrong. He is trying to sell the SEC and the success of A&M's competition. He was even called out by a recruit for trying to sell NFL numbers by comparing the SEC to the Big 12 instead of A&M to Texas and OU. Kids are clueless, but its not hard to see through that.

Meanwhile, kids right under his nose in Texas are ripe for the picking...
Are you assuming you could've gotten whoever you wanted in TX if you would've only shown them more love? I wouldn't assume that. For example, I think he gave all those defensive recruits you whiffed on since the Chief joined your staff plenty of attention (maybe not couch potato Chavis but Rummy at least). Guys like K.Boyd, H.Hill, M.Jefferson, D.Elliott, J.Elliott, C.Daniels, D.Boyd, J.McCulloch, E.Cuffee, B.Jones, etc.. Your legacy L.Carson is already a whiff for the next class too. Say buh bye to T.Graham as well. And A.Hines, B.Browning, C.Calloway, M.Wilson, J.Okudah, etc. You're TRYING to land these big TX fish. You're simply unable to with a DC who refuses to recruit. Guess that's why he wanted Brick so bad, to do his damn job for him while he cashes checks.

Not to mention, it's not just mean old tee ewe you have to worry about for TX recruits (although apparently that's what you aggys remain fixated on) but rather Baylor and TCU and UH now to go along with all of the $EC West teams you opened the door for (those guys are the ones you should be focused on btw).

I think it's more of a function of the shine being completely gone from your football program circa the glorious '12 Manziel/Evans season. Rummy simply didn't capitalize on the field. Like always. Now your moment is gone. Brick turning you down to rejoin his buddy Chief is pretty representative of that IMO.

Last edited:
The pitch is wrong. He is trying to sell the SEC and the success of A&M's competition.
Never gonna get more than table scraps from 'bama and LSU when your constant refrain is how great they are.

Nice to keep Haley for continuity on D as we install the new offense. I don't know that he's exceptional as a coach, but have to give him credit for pulling a handful of guys from LA.

Hook 'em

I don't think DocAg was assuming anything. I think what he meant was that we appear to be devoting more resources to out of state recruits vs in state. Of course, Scholz's utter obsession and hate for A&M once again causes him/her to be off base.

Say what you want about in-state vs out of state recruiting, but here are the facts.

Texas had 32 kids come in for official visits, and 24 of them are now Longhorns.

You can say what you want about Charlie Strong, but the man is a recruiting machine, if he has any kind of on the field success he is going to go national and kill it.

I don't think DocAg was assuming anything. I think what he meant was that we appear to be devoting more resources to out of state recruits vs in state. Of course, Scholz's utter obsession and hate for A&M once again causes him/her to be off base.
1) He can speak for himself.
2) You're wrong per usual. You aggys spent plenty of time on those players I listed. You simply whiffed on them.
3) You're an aggy on a Longhorn site calling me obsessed, you window licking water head.

P.S. Once again, Joe, thanks for playing on Brick. He knows when to turn down a loser. :D

Are you assuming you could've gotten whoever you wanted in TX if you would've only shown them more love? I wouldn't assume that. For example, I think he gave all those defensive recruits you whiffed on since the Chief joined your staff plenty of attention (maybe not couch potato Chavis but Rummy at least). Guys like K.Boyd, H.Hill, M.Jefferson, D.Elliott, J.Elliott, C.Daniels, D.Boyd, J.McCulloch, E.Cuffee, B.Jones, etc.. Your legacy L.Carson is already a whiff for the next class too. Say buh bye to T.Graham as well. And A.Hines, B.Browning, C.Calloway, M.Wilson, J.Okudah, etc. You're TRYING to land these big TX fish. You're simply unable to with a DC who refuses to recruit. Guess that's why he wanted Brick so bad, to do his damn job for him while he cashes checks.

Not to mention, it's not just mean old tee ewe you have to worry about for TX recruits (although apparently that's what you aggys remain fixated on) but rather Baylor and TCU and UH now to go along with all of the $EC West teams you opened the door for (those guys are the ones you should be focused on btw).

I think it's more of a function of the shine being completely gone from your football program circa the glorious '12 Manziel/Evans season. Rummy simply didn't capitalize on the field. Like always. Now your moment is gone. Brick turning you down to rejoin his buddy Chief is pretty representative of that IMO.
I'm not assuming at all that we could have gotten who we wanted. It's always a battle with Texas and now you are right that Baylor and TCU are very much in the mix, although I'm still not sold on how much staying power those 2 programs will have. All I'm saying is that A&M is spending lots of time and resources on kids that honestly they don't have a shot at. I think A&M spreads themselves too thin is what I'm saying. I'm not giving up on any of those kids you mentioned as "gone". You should know by now the nature of recruiting. Here today, gone tomorrow. I'm just saying that A&M shouldn't go around and think just because they are in the SEC now that they have the same brand as the big boys and flash their name all across the country. We need to focus on Texas kids and Louisiana where we have done pretty well the past few years.

Scholz, I'm on this board every once in a while. Every time I check things out over here you are using the opportunity to obsess over us and call us names. I have a job so I can't be on here 24/7, but it seems like you are particularly unhinged with respect to us. I have even heard you called out by your Longhorn brethren for such. Just a casual observation. I honestly wonder what would occupy your thoughts if it wasn't for us. Carry on.

Scholz, I'm on this board every once in a while. Every time I check things out over here you are using the opportunity to obsess over us and call us names. I have a job so I can't be on here 24/7, but it seems like you are particularly unhinged with respect to us. I have even heard you called out by your Longhorn brethren for such. Just a casual observation. I honestly wonder what would occupy your thoughts if it wasn't for us. Carry on.
I don't have respect for aggys either. I won't lose sleep over you cowards any more than Scholz will. Calling him obsessed on our board is the epitome of ignorance. I hate that aggys are in Texas....y'all don't act like Texans....running from a fight. Can't compete with UT then grab your ball and run.....cowards.

I don't have respect for aggys either. I won't lose sleep over you cowards any more than Scholz will. Calling him obsessed on our board is the epitome of ignorance. I hate that aggys are in Texas....y'all don't act like Texans....running from a fight. Can't compete with UT then grab your ball and run.....cowards.

Looks like they ran into bigger bullies.

Again, nice try on Brick, lesser. :D

76328d1417698476-let-s-define-what-we-think-rice-any-car-game-even-yours-file.php-40-file-125942-filename-hemad.jpg

Damn, so A&M couldnt pull a guy away from Texas even when they had a close relationship and more $$ on their side...

Pitiful, isn't it?

Brick regards Chavis as his f***ing mentor, for crying out loud. Played for him. Coached with him for years. I figured that that advantage for aggy would be insurmountable and that he was out the door -- and that hordes of thimble-brained aggy would promptly arrive over here to beat their chests over something that even they shouldn't have been able to screw up, given the longtime close friendship involved.

And yet aggy faceplanted just as they always do.

We're not paying Brick any more than aggy would have. (Did we even match the three-year guarantee?) Sumlin is pretty close to unfireable next year, given his buyout and the new guaranteed contracts, and the expense of yet another guaranteed contract would have only increased his job security. And yet here Brick remains. aggy is just too small-time to make it happen.

No doubt John Sharp was desperate to get one over on ol' t.u. If you're going to pick a fight with Daddy, you had better be certain you can win it, you dumb bumpkin. And it doesn't matter how many tens of thousands of seats you add to the monstrous endzone sections of the ugliest stadium in history. You're still small-time. You'll always be lil bro.

you are right that Baylor and TCU are very much in the mix, although I'm still not sold on how much staying power those 2 programs will have. All I'm saying is that A&M is spending lots of time and

I have even heard you called out by your Longhorn brethren for such. Just a casual observation. I honestly wonder what would occupy your thoughts if it wasn't for us. Carry on.

Doc ag....you might not think TCU and Baylor will have much "staying power", but in the short time they have been in the Big 12, TCU has already won more than aggy did in all the years they were here. Baylor has been more successful as well....niether one needs staying power to accomplish more than yall did.

....and Joeag.....Sholz has been called out by Longhorn brethren for obsessing over aggy???? where did you get that idea, on Texags?...I call bullshit on that one.

Sorry but go watch the BU tape and tell me our DC was just stuck with bad options, etc. He chose not to set up a run defense or a run blitz or an adjustment any half witted female could have made to stop BU, you know when BU came out at the half running a wildcat offense and ran it up and down our throats.

That wasn't the O's fault.

Okay then go look at the 2014 BU tape. You know, when Bedford completely confused a well oiled Baylor offense, even with their starting QB.

....and Joeag.....Sholz has been called out by Longhorn brethren for obsessing over aggy???? where did you get that idea, on Texags?...I call bullshit on that one.

He's no doubt mistaking earlier posts from that pathetic sack of goo gemba under all of his impostor handles as posts from Longhorns.

Reactions: Scholz
Okay then go look at the 2014 BU tape. You know, when Bedford completely confused a well oiled Baylor offense, even with their starting QB.

I agree I was upset screaming at the TV in 2015 during the second half of the UT- Baylor game. However, Chizik and top 10 NC had a full month to prepare for the glorified Wildcat. They also could not stop it in the bowl game. I think Briles is that innovative. We survived. Glad to be "stealing his brain" on offense without having to take him.
also- on a side note when Briles left Houston for Baylor, UH had trouble with the gameplan for their bowl game because Briles had no playbook only sets. strange.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Doc ag....you might not think TCU and Baylor will have much "staying power", but in the short time they have been in the Big 12, TCU has already won more than aggy did in all the years they were here. Baylor has been more successful as well....niether one needs staying power to accomplish more than yall did.

Yes, Baylor and TCU have done well temporarily, but you have to admit that since they have been in the conference, it has been very watered down. Kansas, Iowa St, Tech, Texas, West Virginia, Kansas St and Oklahoma St have been mediocre to bad. Kansas St had a nice run a couple of years ago but other than that it isn't what it used to be. OU used to be really strong along with Texas. Oklahoma St used to be really good and Tech had top 25 teams on a yearly basis. Right now Baylor gets 3 easy wins to start their season and then has to get by a couple of teams. The real teams they play they have struggled with. TCU has been pretty consistent I will give them that.

Yes, Baylor and TCU have done well temporarily, but you have to admit that since they have been in the conference, it has been very watered down. Kansas, Iowa St, Tech, Texas, West Virginia, Kansas St and Oklahoma St have been mediocre to bad. Kansas St had a nice run a couple of years ago but other than that it isn't what it used to be. OU used to be really strong along with Texas. Oklahoma St used to be really good and Tech had top 25 teams on a yearly basis. Right now Baylor gets 3 easy wins to start their season and then has to get by a couple of teams. The real teams they play they have struggled with. TCU has been pretty consistent I will give them that.

I am never really surprised by aggy ignorance but sometimes it goes to another level......you have reached that level. ou (they still suck) was in the damn playoff this year!! What do you mean "used to be really strong"? Your hatred for anything involved with Texas clouds your every thought. Ok St. was in the top 25 this year..... baylor and tcu were top 5 this year.....

aggys never really think an argument through do they? Listen aggy......you down a conference that aggy sucked in! Doesn't make sense. Now aggy is sucking hind tit on Ala, lsu, and others who they will never be better than year in and year out.

I will take any bet you want that Texas is BACK before aggy ever does anything. Texas right now with the players and staff Strong has brought in is looking to bust out in a year or 2 and be where Texas always has been......better than aggy.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
An aggy has the audacity to say someone is getting 3 easy wins before they play anyone???? Good grief.

...but you have to admit that since they have been in the conference, it has been very watered down.
Why do we have to admit that? Because this lie is repeated in your groupthink echo chamber nonstop? Nah, you only talk trash about the Big XII because you don't have to lose in it anymore. You won the Big XII a single time in 16 years. Just because you left, reality doesn't change.

And yes, please make fun of someone else's OOC schedule again. lulz. :D

Reactions: diadevic
Aggsy hasn't lived off easy wins and struggled with real teams?

Reactions: swVAHorn
Docag somehow thinks TCU for aTm has watered down the conference?.....he somehow thinks aTm is better than TCU?....He somehow thinks ????....

Serious question....can stupid be transmitted over the internet?...I am becoming leary of my keyboard.

Docag somehow thinks TCU for aTm has watered down the conference?.....he somehow thinks aTm is better than TCU?....He somehow thinks ????....

Serious question....can stupid be transmitted over the internet?...I am becoming leary of my keyboard.

aggy fans often mistake the fact that they should be big-time (huge, wealthy school in one of the nation's premier talent hotbeds) with actually being big-time. Yet over the last three seasons, TCU and Baylor have each topped anything aggy achieved in 16 goddamned years in the Big 12.

watered down conference???...Big 12....20% of all teams finished in the top 10....secsecsec...12.5% of teams finished in the top 10

which conference seems watered down to you?

It gets better...Big 12...30 % of teams finished top 15.....secsecsec...12.5% finished top 15...

Damn!....That must be tough on aggy....all they have to talk about is conference strength

watered down conference???...Big 12....20% of all teams finished in the top 10....secsecsec...12.5% of teams finished in the top 10

which conference seems watered down to you?

It gets better...Big 12...30 % of teams finished top 15.....secsecsec...12.5% finished top 15...

Damn!....That must be tough on aggy....all they have to talk about is conference strength
And then they went to the bowl games to play teams outside of their conference...what happened then? I'll hang up and listen.

First of all I haven't bragged about A&M at all. You can honestly say your conference is now better than it was when Texas, OU, Tech, Ok State, Kansas St, Nebraska, Missouri and A&M were all pretty good to great teams? Stick to what I'm saying. That is your only out when you are beaten is to say A&M sucks? Why are you guys looking to add teams if everything is so good? Why is there all the talk of the Big 12 dissolving if it is so great? You know it isn't what it used to be, but since you are still stuck there of course you want to defend it. I didn't say TCU watered down the conference. In fact I said TCU has been the most consistent out of all of them. A&M has for sure its own set of problems and have been a huge disappointment for a long time. I have heard from too many analysts to count how A&M is a sleeping giant, yada yada yada. They've been asleep for a long time.