ADVERTISEMENT

Brick

The coaching turnover isn't that big a deal.
If Vaughn is about to be hit with NCAA sanctions he'd be replaced anyway.
Anytime you change OC's there is going to be some new postion coaches. Idealy you'd like to have the same staff but with the money today and as many head jobs as we're open there is going to be a lot of movement.

It's not like these coaches are leaving for stability either. One coach went to LSU and Brick might go to A&M. Both coaches on the same thin ice Strong is on. Maybe thinner.

I disagree. Constant turnover causes major consistency problems. Each one individually isn't a big deal, but all of them together and pretty much every year is.

Rumors that aggy is offering Brick 3 years guaranteed. Texas isn't going to touch that as they'd have to extend it to the other coaches too.

Salary offered by aggy rumor is $400K. Texas is paying Brick $235K. I don't know how he could pass up $1.2mil guaranteed.

What is there to spin? I imagine they would like to reunite Chavis and Haley regardless of the circumstances. I would take Chavis and Haley over Bedford and our next DL coach.

Reactions: Aggie_Eric98
What is there to spin? I imagine they would like to reunite Chavis and Haley regardless of the circumstances. I would take Chavis and Haley over Bedford and our next DL coach.
yea, right.....chavis hates to recruit and is over rated, the only way haley helps is with recruiting but is not that good of a coach. atm got their ass handed to them by us this year , they are panicking and trying to buy one of our recruiters. atm will over pay and give him 3 years.....rumlin wont last that long. Charlie might not either but atm has dug their hole in the SEC and they will be there for a long time. I am willing to give Bedford one year with a competent offense. Most of our losses were not because of or D...it was because of our pathetic offense. For the first time I trust Charlie right now, he knows this is his last year if he does not produce.

Reactions: Dogged Horn
yea, right.....chavis hates to recruit and is over rated, the only way haley helps is with recruiting but is not that good of a coach. atm got their ass handed to them by us this year , they are panicking and trying to buy one of our recruiters. atm will over pay and give him 3 years.....rumlin wont last that long. Charlie might not either but atm has dug their hole in the SEC and they will be there for a long time. I am willing to give Bedford one year with a competent offense. Most of our losses were not because of or D...it was because of our pathetic offense. For the first time I trust Charlie right now, he knows this is his last year if he does not produce.

We are talking about in comparison to Vance Bedford. Chavis may not be the guru he's hyped up to be, that is certainly debatable, but I would still take him everyday over Bedford.

We are talking about in comparison to Vance Bedford. Chavis may not be the guru he's hyped up to be, that is certainly debatable, but I would still take him everyday over Bedford.
then we can agree to disagree, no way would I take chavis in the big 12 where he would have to defend spread offensives every week.

If Coach Haley leaves for a college near Bryan, TX, then Texas should include Coach Traylor's expertise on a successful Texas high school DL coach to bring in. That, or there could be some great NFL/Longhorn coaching talent to look at.

Yep offense ineffectiveness can hurt the defense to. Especially when everyone is running hurry up offense. I mean sometimes it's 3 and out in 90 seconds. That's bound to catch up to you after a while.

As we get an offense, and more experience on defense, minds will change about Bedford. Can't believe people can put it on him as our defense wasn't on the field most of the time, and we were relying on a bunch of freshmen. Not only that, one of our few experienced players was GDDH, and that's the weakest link.

Sorry but go watch the BU tape and tell me our DC was just stuck with bad options, etc. He chose not to set up a run defense or a run blitz or an adjustment any half witted female could have made to stop BU, you know when BU came out at the half running a wildcat offense and ran it up and down our throats.

That wasn't the O's fault.

UT has matched A&M's offer for Coach Haley.

In the end, it may come down to Haley's close relationship with Chavis.

22b317df3a288a9fd037ed771f463672.jpg

Hook 'em

Cliff's notes:

Higdon says that the Longhorns have not matched an aggsy offer to Haley [elsewhere reported to be 400k/yr for 3 years], contrary to reports from other journalists. Haley currently makes 250k and has one year remaining on his original 2 year contract.

Hook 'em

well it seems like Haley is at least having to give this one some thought...didn't immediately jump ship when he got the offer

I think he is gone. Good recruiter but wasn´t crazy with the D Line performance last season, and he did have a potential AA in Ridgeway. It would be a loss, just not sure how much of a loss.

I think he is gone. Good recruiter but wasn´t crazy with the D Line performance last season, and he did have a potential AA in Ridgeway. It would be a loss, just not sure how much of a loss.

Ridgeway played all of last season battling a back injury. Brick didn't have a whole hell of a lot to work with in his one season here.

Brick isn't a top DL coach, but he isn't a bad coach either. He's a middle of the road guy - and should be paid as such.

I guess it depends on how much he really had to do with landing all those D linemen. Four (I think) were from Louisiana. Thats a big deal. Sure, they may have been LSU's back up choices, but you know where they didn't go? A&M. And guess who wants him now. They can't be losing the battle for Louisiana to LSU and Texas.

I'm assuming he's gone. If Brick considers Chavis to be his mentor, then it will probably take more than he's actually worth to keep him here.

Poor aggys are going to overspend again and put themselves in more debt out of desperation to have ANY sort of win vs UT. As it stands now, there's the stink of death on that program. :D:D

Poor aggys are going to overspend again and put themselves in more debt out of desperation to have ANY sort of win vs UT. As it stands now, there's the stink of death on that program. :D:D

It's basically going to cost them as much to fire Sumlin after next season as it would have after 2015. Strange decision-making.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT